Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
omly

Forest & Woods Scents (with and without evergreens)

Hey forest fanatics! I am looking for a sweet pine scent. Something evergreen, but not super cold or camphoraceous. Are there any BPALs that fit the bill? GC is great but I don't mind hunting for an LE!

Hey forest fanatics! I am looking for a sweet pine scent. Something evergreen, but not super cold or camphoraceous. Are there any BPALs that fit the bill? GC is great but I don't mind hunting for an LE!

Black forest? Stranger in camp?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/236678585/stranger-in-camp-2007-black-phoenix

Dark rosaleen if you can find her. The amber in that scent is heavenly with the pine notes.

Which ones have you already tried? Here are some good ones with some pine forest but not winter/ice notes: Jersey Devil, Slobbering Pine, Yggdrasil, Golden Priapus, Black Forest, Nero, Loup Garou (but this has eucalyptus which can make it seem more cold), Thanatopsis, Troll, Dracul.

Jersey Devil or Golden Priapus are sweeter forest scents

Troll is quite sweet on me, but you must be agreeable to the clove

Prezeczuci is lovely sweet pine with a hint of smoke

Ranger is quite foresty as well

Edited by sprout

Przeczucie! I'm just testing it, it's a very sweet pine and fir scent with some barely-there smoke. Or, if you can find it, The Most Magnificent Christmas Tree, a 2011 Yule LE. It's listed as having pine, silver birch and warm woods, but I swear it smells like a Christmas tree dusted in icing sugar. :lol:

Oooh thanks everybody! Lots of good stuff here. I have tried Black Forest, Dracul, Yggdrasil, and The Jersey Devil. The last two were close but not quite sweet enough! I'll see if I can't track down an imp of Przeczucie!

Oooh thanks everybody! Lots of good stuff here. I have tried Black Forest, Dracul, Yggdrasil, and The Jersey Devil. The last two were close but not quite sweet enough! I'll see if I can't track down an imp of Przeczucie!

I should have mentioned this earlier but Organ Grinder is actually my favorite sweet pine scent. I prefer the new one but try aged: it's a not quite gourmand but sweet pine with tobacco. Also, Doc Constantine is sweet foresty Musk, but it's fir not pine.

And, I almost forgot about Jupiterian Phoenix.

Other, wild card recs are Gacela of the Dark Death, Ronde du Sabbat, Voodoo, Blithe Hollow, Moons of Jupiter: Metis, Arkham, Thanatopsis, This is Your Wilderness.

Edited by sprout

To add to those, King Pursued.

King Pursued was more oak and amber than pine on me, but YMMV.

It did. I got a lot of a very softly camphoraceous pine pitch, and little amber.

I agree with Ashmedai - The Most Magnificent Christmas Tree is awesome! I quite like Dawn:Cernunnos, too.

Bumping to say that White Fir single note (still available as of this post!) is just beautiful. It smells like crushed fir needles and a bit of pitch, and has the warmth of the wood notes as well. Totally sates my need for an evergreen single note in my collection.

Bumping to say that White Fir single note (still available as of this post!) is just beautiful. It smells like crushed fir needles and a bit of pitch, and has the warmth of the wood notes as well. Totally sates my need for an evergreen single note in my collection.

I have to say I'd sort of planned to skip this one because of so many evergreen blends I love, but with this endorsement, I had to give it a try! Thanks for the bump!

I have to say I'd sort of planned to skip this one because of so many evergreen blends I love, but with this endorsement, I had to give it a try! Thanks for the bump!

Oh good, I hope you love it!

how does it compare to the irresponsibly unwatered christmas tree?

how does it compare to the irresponsibly unwatered christmas tree?

I've never smelled that one! Perhaps someone else can chime in with their thoughts.

I used to hate "tree" scents, or think I hated them, but it turns out I just don't like Pine and other evergreens. I am enjoying more forest-y scents now though, especially on my daily hike.

What are everyone's currently available (or somewhat easily attainable LE) favourite non-evergreen tree smells?

Sorry for the necro on this thread. I found a "pine bud" flavored candy at an Italian store downtown, and if I could smell like that candy tastes, I'd be a very happy camper. Does anyone have any recs for this?

Update: something in the astringent quality of the vetiver in Incantation, added to the woods notes make it an answer to this question, though it's not particularly sweet.

Edited by Darkersolstice

Sorry for the necro on this thread. I found a "pine bud" flavored candy at an Italian store downtown, and if I could smell like that candy tastes, I'd be a very happy camper. Does anyone have any recs for this?

can you describe how the candy tastes?

otherwise I'd layer a pine-focused scent with something sugary, honeyed or sweets to the sweet.

Update: something in the astringent quality of the vetiver in Incantation, added to the woods notes make it an answer to this question, though it's not particularly sweet.

For sweet pine scents -- Try Slobbering Pine! Ignore the name if it bugs you, but it may just be what you will like.

Also - Jersey Devil.

Maybe Jabberwocky after the Eucalyptus burns off.

The Illustrated Woman.

Golden Priapus.

Fascinum.

Troll.

I'm not very familiar with all of the different woods/trees, but I figured I'd give it a shot. If anyone would know, it would be you guys. Has anyone smelled/tried the seasonal Mrs. Meyer's Iowa Pine scent? I love it! I snagged more bottles since they are on sale. It's the perfect pine scent to me. I'm wondering if there's anything similar. I'll take a look at the previous suggestions, too.

ETA: looking closer at their verbiage, it's also got a hint of clove and cedar.

Edited by torikitty

Any recommendations for things that smell like wicker? I'm sure it's got another name? Seagrass? Searching for "rattan" and "wicker" don't give me much information. If anyone knows what that clean wood smell is that you get in the basket section of Pier 1, I'd appreciate it.

I haven't tried anything that smelled only like clean bare wood, but Yggadrasil might have that note in it. At least that's what I recall.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:52 PM, torikitty said:

I'm not very familiar with all of the different woods/trees, but I figured I'd give it a shot. If anyone would know, it would be you guys. Has anyone smelled/tried the seasonal Mrs. Meyer's Iowa Pine scent? I love it! I snagged more bottles since they are on sale. It's the perfect pine scent to me. I'm wondering if there's anything similar. I'll take a look at the previous suggestions, too.

ETA: looking closer at their verbiage, it's also got a hint of clove and cedar.

I haven't smelled this Mrs. Meyer's scent, but it sounds an awful lot like Gacela of the Dark Death:  Terebinth pine, pitch, and clove.