Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
omly

Forest & Woods Scents (with and without evergreens)

Gee, I wonder what little birdie that might have been? :D

I hadn't even considered Golden Priapus. Gonna have to go look at the reviews now...I'm all giddy with excitement. Nummy woodsy scents! Yay! :P

~ Penance

Tried Wolfsbane and it's lovely and piney! Yum! :D

Also tried Burial today and I'm in love! It's like juniper and pine and dirt...I'm in heaven. :P

~ Penance

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but Tintagel was woodsy on me - I felt like I was in a bright, dark red forest. And I think I remember Kweku Anansi as being foresty as well (and that was more green and red, so maybe even more foresty/earthy than Tintagel... it's been awhile since I've worn it though, because I'm working my way through a bunch of new ones).

Tintagel didn't work out on me, it went all wonky and fruity the second it touched my skin, but I haven't tried Kweku Anansi yet, might have to check that one out. Thanks for the heads up! :P

~ Penance

My love for Belladonna has really taken me by surprise. Now, this is a scent category i'm VERY unfamiliar with because everything I've come across has been too masculine. What are some forest-y blends that are at least as feminine as Belladonna? By forest-y, I don't mean necessarily mean just woods (but I do really like woods), but greenery, etc. too..I DON'T like strong earth/dirt smells, however (my experience with Zombi was notoriously awful.)

I'm thinking Bewitched would be good, because I like fruits, but I'm really not sure on it. Is it at all like Belladonna meets Bordello? Because that's how my uneducated nose is picturing it :P

Bewitched is lovely, but didn't strike me as foresty (your chemistry may be different though.)

Dublin is just lovely beyond belief, IMHO.

Bewitched was just herbal to me. Not much berry. I thought it was gender neutral.

I second Dublin! And for wood, if not woods, Queen. If you can find some Skadi it is not to be believed, but dublin is an excellent sub for it.

My first thought was Samhain, but it's not really feminine...more unisex...still gorgeous!

How about Baobhan Sidhe? Reminiscent of misty woods to me...

Are you looking for scent that remind you of the woods or only ones that smell like the woods?

Edited by joseybird

Just to clarify: gender neutral is ok (Belladonna is pretty gender neutral), just not overtly masculine, as so many of the "forest" type blends seem to be. :P

Either one is ok (reminiscent of woods or just woodsy, period.) I've been pining after Skadi for a while but the sorts of prices it's going for is absurd :D

Fenris Wolf comes across as pretty feminine to me. It's the only Wolf scent I've been able to wear, and actually loved.

I haven't tried the others recommended here (save Fenris Wolf, which I had an aversion to...just this one note I find in blends here and there that I completely abhor. :P), but I can say that Black Forest is a hefty forest scent for sure. Unfortunately, it didn't last on me very long, but your body chemistry might work it better.

For just *green*, Envy is freaking fantastic. Its very fresh, green, minty, and totally reminds me of a childhood spent in the woods.

Fenris Wolf comes across as pretty feminine to me. It's the only Wolf scent I've been able to wear, and actually loved.

Damn, that one was actually really manly on me.

Black Forest has this womanly note to it. I can't recall if it's musk, amber or sandalwood... or, none of the above?

Definitely Black Forest and Dublin...two of my all time favorites! :P

Maybe Yggdrasil, which although it is woody is very light and airy. I think of Belladonna as herbal and dry...Envy dries down to something very like Belladonna for me, though I enjoy the minty lime twist that it has in the beginning.

I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned Hamadryad. It's nice and woodsy, but spicy at the same time.

My DH thinks Intrigue smells woody on me. I smell more of the cocoa and fig, personally. But he swears it's like nice, dry wood.

(And it's one of my top favorites, so I push it whenever I can. :P )

I'll fourth (fifth? sixth?) Dublin as a pleasant, foresty scent. It's very low key and understated. Nothing too overpowering, which makes it perfect (on me).

Dublin and Black Forest.

Dublin is wonderful, Skadi on steroids.

Black Forest smells amazing on me, it never fails to get compliments, especially when layered with Enchanted Forest.

I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned Hamadryad. It's nice and woodsy, but spicy at the same time.

i agree :P hamadryad is magical and lovely like lush's flowertub bubble bath in that woodsy yet slightly feminine way.

also, tingatel, umbra and intrigue are quite woodsy, deep and dreamy to me.

I love forest scents and have tried most of them.....

Everybody's chemistry is different, but I concur with the suggestions for you

of Hamadryad, Dublin and Ygdrassil - they may be the most what you're looking for.

Black Forest was nice but actually read as too masculine on me.

You might want to try Wolfsbane and Hemlock as well.

(Many people don't like Hemlock, and I don't like the way it smells in the vial, but on me it turns into a sort of light, sweet-ish pine.)

Edited by wolfie13

What about The Caterpillar? It's a light floral but with a very earthy edge to it...not extremely green, but mossy....not dirt-like - - just moss...I love it. It's a feminine earthy scent w/o incense IMO. :P

I don't know if this means anything, but any "rainforesty" scents anyone can recommend? like...green/aquatic with a *hint* of fruits?