Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Huckleberry and red currant with the incisive bite of neroli.

Ewwwwww! I get sickly-sweet fruit punch from this. Not good! I didn't react well to Bordello and this reminds me of that experience. I've given this a good hour and now will be getting it the frack off my skin :P

At first it's very BERRY. Then as it dries it starts to smell like pop-rocks, then like a berry lip gloss I used to have as a kid.

It's actually very yummy smelling, but not really something I want to smell like. I think I'll let my daughters wear this. :P

**I dilute all my oils due to sensitivites.**

In the bottle: MMMM Fruity goodness with some flowers mixed in, kinda like the smell of fruit when it's just ripe and there are still flowers on the tree.

On wet: the same

drydown: mostly the huckleberry and red currant come to the surface to play and stick around. Which is fine with me as I LOVE fruity scents. However, I have some other scents that I like more than this one, but I'll probably invest in a full sized bottle to have on hand.

In the imp, this is beautifully complex. I don't detect the neroli, though it may be lurking in the background as an element of that overall complexity.

To give it its proper due, Jester did hold up much better on my skin than most other berry scents I've tried. Still, ten minuted later, all I'm smelling is a sharp synthetic berry. Except this one also seems to have developed some kind of burnt buttery smell. Very weird.

Berry-flavoured scent, very quickly turning to pink bubble gum. Develops undertones of cooking rice. This would be nice for a little girl.

Wet--berries front and center with a tangy freshness that makes this less cloying that you would imagine.

Drying--The berries kindly toddle off and the tanginess comes to the front with a scent of subtle florals hanging out in the background.

Dry--Definitely a soft, fresh, summery scent. A little sharpness dances around the berries so that it's sweet but a bit more than just a bubblegum girly scent. Very lovely on a hot day and one I keep reaching for as summer takes hold.

I just had a sniffie with enough for one non-slathered testing to try this out. But, from what i got.... I got red suckers. Those cheap clear ones. It's very bright (in contrast to the Hollywood Babylon I tried earlier, which is red suckers left in the sun, and so very very dark lol) . And it's something I could see a little girl wearing. Or even girls that are just more into the cutesy side of things. My little sister is into "cute lolita" and may just adore this scent for it.

As it wears, the tart brightness does wear down. It gets more beautiful, and more balanced. But like a lot of light scents, the staying power is lacking a little. It's a re-applier for sure.

I never really got "berry" from it, just... red sucker. lol I think on those especially hot summer days this is a scent I'd want to splash on just to put a girlish perk in my step.

Origin: Frimp from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I prefer berry to be a supporting player rather than center stage, so it never occurred to me to order this.

In the Vial: A huge blast of sweet fruity berry, almost to the point of a fake-fruit scent on a candle or toy.

Wet: It's a more natural scent on my skin, but still 100% huckleberry and currant. I often amp neroli, but I can't find it in here at this stage.

Drydown: The neroli emerges, taking the edge off the sweet fruit, but the scent is turning somewhat candy-ish. It's reminding me a bit of Frumious Bandersnatch, which I love, in being a cheerful and bright scent.

Verdict: And this is why frimps are good. I'm going to play with this some more and see if it grows on me.

AUGH.

In the imp... yeah, a remarkable smell-alike of the strawberry Bubblicious gum I used to chew as a kid.

On me? Strawberry Bubblicious gum being chewed by someone with halitosis. I'm not kidding, something in this smells exactly like bad breath when it hits my skin. Might be the neroli going sour, but whatever it is, it's deeply nasty. Let's just say I won't be wearing this anytime soon. :(

I have to say, I love this scent! Very, very sweet and fruity. Sweet red apples, berries, and currants. Almost smells of apples and tart cranberries. Smells the same from imp to dry down on my skin, has really good throw and lasts all day. Put in on at 7 this morning and can still smell it on me 12 hours later. Very red and orange and fruity and juicy...I'm just repeating myself now. But I love it!! :)

I got an imp of this to try because I love berries, but:

In imp: Oooh, this is beautiful! A blast of berries!

Wet: Even better!

Drydown: OMG, must get bottle!!

But then, the tragedy. This stuff faded on me within a half-hour to almost nothing. Gone, just like that.

I guess the joke is on me, huh. Very funny, Jester. :-P

Off to swap pile with you.

Very berry, very fruit punch, very sweet.

Smells like... watermelon candy and blueberry. It's a very glittery, bouncy scent. Rather childlike.

I was hoping for a slightly "richer," darker fruit scent from Jester, but this is just so damn playful and cute that I can't help but kind of like it. Plus it stays "true" on my skin, unlike the vast majority of fruit and berry notes-- usually they quickly morph to a kind of anemic strawberry plastic scent shortly after touching me. So I'm pleased in that regard. It's not something I would really wear a lot, but I might hold on to it for days when I need a boost.

Wet: Smells like those little hard fruit shaped candies. In particular the banana ones.

Dry Down: Its still smelling mostly the same, but I thnk I am beginning to smell the neroli just a little in the background, but the fruits seem much too sweet on my skin. It is just too sweet for both my tastes and my skin, it is still a lovely scent, it's just not 'me'

Wet: Woah, this is fruity. Reminds me of jolly ranchers and fruit punch, like Bordello, only more glittery and even brighter. Total sugar shock. Extreme currants and berries, seriously.

Dry: The candy berries stay intense for a surprisingly long time. It takes a long while for the fruits to tone down enough for the neroli to even be detectable. It's mostly just pure, shocking hard candy. The throw is ridiculous.

Overall: On my skin, this just ends up smelling simple, silly, and childish. The fruitiness is so intense that it started to give me a headache and I had to wash it off. This would be a good one to try for someone who just can't get enough fruity/berry fragrance, but this was just too much for me.

I love this because I love berry scents, so obviously it was going to be a winner for me. It's all juicy red berries; I'm not getting much neroli but I don't amp it anyway, and since I always prefer berries over florals I really don't care. Very yummy :yum:

Bright, happy, sweet berry scent with the neroli hanging out in the background to keep the scent from requiring an insulin shot. Very fun and very well balanced. It reminded me of Akuma, so I tried that alongside - Akuma is brighter, sharper and more citrus-y, whereas Jester is more on the sweet-berry side. The berries seem to be a medium purple rather than a deep dark red, if that helps at all.

Very fun scent - I could see it being a bottle.

in the vial: mostly berry

on the skin: sweet and fruity, I can't say there's any bite to this, it's so sweet I thought it might be melon at first.

drydown: still very sweet and fruity. Way too sweet for me.

On the skin: I really love neroli! So sweet!

Ouch! After a few minutes, the neroli is practically gone and I am left with a bitter red currant scent (with some of the huckleberry?). My skin just really hates red currant.... It either turns to cat pee, or extreme bitterness. *sigh*

This is delicious! :yum: Super juicy berries with just a tiny hint of greenery. This is the type of scent that I could bathe in, so I think I'm going to need at least one bottle for now. :lovestruck:

This is all delicious fresh berries when it first goes on, then it becomes a bit bubblegummy and cloying. Then it kind of settles down again, but some powderiness appears in the background. It's not something I'm in love with, but I can see it being great as a pick-me-up - it has a fresh, cheery sort of feel about it.

In the imp - Red jelly beans! That was my first impression and I instantly fell in love.

Wet on skin - Juciy, sweet red berries and something a bit green. I don't know what huckleberry smells like, maybe that's the 'green' I'm detecting?

Dry : The neroli emerges nicely with a teeny bite but it's mostly the red currant which seems to be a bit more tart now.

I adore this one, as I've been loving every BPAL I try with a currant in it. This goes straight to my need a bottle list. I figure I'm going to slather right through this imp pretty quickly....

In bottle: Strong super sweet berries dominant, rather like berry chewing gum. Wet: more complex on the skin with the neroli doing lovely things with the berries and currents. It’s quite lovely. Dry: Maybe a touch too much neroli now, but still quite fine.

I got an imp of Jester, pretty much entirely on a whim.

And I am so glad I did.

In the imp it was almost sickeningly sweet and I had my doubts. Once I put it on and waited a moment for it to dry, though...wow. Still very sweet but not overwhelmingly so, it was just this lovely juicy fruity berry scent. And it lasted forever. I put it on early in the day and 12 hours later it was still as strong as when I first put it on.

May need a bottle of this stuff. It's a perfect summery scent.

In the imp, I'm definitely getting the huckleberry and red currant. On my skin, huckleberry and red currant, really nice. Neroli ends up coming in and making it watery, fades to a faint huckleberry far too quickly. Not quite for me.

Edited by Venneh