Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
xleighx

Feeling lazy - casual scents for lounging

Hehe, what I mean is stuff that doesn't seem absolutely random for a sweats and sandals day, like right now.

I could live in sweats and sandals, as long as they looked good.

I used the search and nothing came up for anything like what I'm trying to find.

Edited by ivyandpeony
added some keywords to title to enable future searching

i think 'white rabbit' is a good sweats-and-sandals scent, myself -- breakfasty and comfortable, perfect for staying in. :P

When I can't think of what else to wear, I put on my trusty Velvet. Another scent I like to laze around in is Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. Usually when I'm being lazy around the house is when I like to dig into my "to be tried" imp box.

Yeah, when I'm just putzing around the house I usually try out any new scents that have been waiting around.

I also like tea scents for comfyness, so I go with Alice or Dorian. Another good one might be Tarot: the Lovers.

Dana O'Shee is always a good one. I also like Midway, Hungry Ghost Moon and Banded Sea Snake.

Midway and HGM are just such happy, relaxed scents, and Banded Sea Snake on me is a lighter, brighter Snake Oil that just seems good no matter what you do (but more on the casual side).

If I'm lazing around the house I also dig into my imp bag to try different scents and catch up on reviews.

Ooo... lazing around scents? I have a few actually. They're also my favorite bedtime scent. Tezcatlipoca, White Rabbit, and Antique Lace top the list, but I also like Shub and Miskatonic for the same thing... lazing/bedtime. They're so incredibly comforting.

Hoping that the forum might be able to help me out!

We all know that there are lots of different types of scents. Some scents have a bazillion notes and are bright and busy. Others are dark and smexy. And still others are sharp and business-like.

What I'm looking for are some laid-back scents. The olfactory equivalent of leaning back in a lounge chair in the sun with your hat shading your face. Something not super heavy, not super bitter, and not really cloying. For example, Dorian and Embalming Fluid are two that are light and laid-back to my nose. What are your favorite light 'n' lazy scents?

(Yes, yes, I know. BPAL is mostly into the dark Gothic scents. But we all know they have a few wacky ones out there!)

Hmm.. I'd say:

Elegy No.1 S. 196

Cheshire Cat

Kitty

Romanti.Goth

Mag Mell

Venus Murcia

Detestable Putrescence

Eat Me

My top 3 for that would be:

Mag Mell

Manhattan

Lyonesse

All three are *amazing*, and if you haven't tried them yet HIGHLY REC.

Obatala if you like coconut.
Absinthe if you like herbs and anise.
Good (from the RPGs) is a very unassuming skin scent.
Morocco is on the lighter side, but still smells "warm."
51 is light and green.
And in colder months, I'm a big fan of the Lick Its -- refreshing, sugary mint that stays close to the skin and doesn't last terribly long.

Languor. Not just because of the name - I'd swear that stuff smoothes out my brainwaves and makes lounging about twice as enjoyable. It's so effective, I actively avoid it if I have ANYTHING to do for the duration of the wear length, because if I wear it I'm too tempted to just forget about it, shrug, and laze around some more. :tongue:

Haha, well here's some literally sweater/lazy ones:

Autumn - Overlooked My Knitting (For my knitter posse! A warm scent, as delicate as lace and as soft as cashmere, and as cozy as wool, punctuated with red currant for the blazing red of cochineal and surrounded a border of soft grey ambergris and a swirl of autumn leaves.) I only had a tester of this, I remember it being pleasant and fruity. Hella sweater.

Stekkjarstaur (Wooly sugared marshmallow root.) A warm, skin vanilla that lasts the day! Super cuddly.

Sloth (Thick, dark, sluggish and heavy with indolence: vetiver over black myrrh.) Of course! How could you leave out Sloth when it comes to being lazy? Dark and pretty.

For me personally:

The Second Morning After Christmas (A crackling fireplace, pipe smoke, fir needles, and a flutter of snow.) This one feels like a place AND a boyfriend's scarf.

scents that I reach for when I want cozy casual are the last unicorn, stekkjarstaur, goofballs, flying kites and amber patchouli hair gloss.

these don't feel simple, but they are effortless and easy to wear.

Fuzzy cozy... Coyote or Doc Constantine, which I think may use the same musk.

Lazy green... Shamisen, On the Porch in the Rain or Apothecary.

Tea-drinking... Dorian (black), Green Tree Viper (green) or Iulia (white).

Dorian would have been my top pick if you hadn't already had it. It's good for sleeping, it's good for being cozy in a big warm blanket, it's good for wearing on a day when you're too worn out to put in any effort.

Other favorites would be Dragon's Milk (sweet and indulgent), Obatala (tropical lazing), Sea of Glass (clean and calming), TKO (of course), Macchu Picchu (breezy tropical lazing), and Shanghai (clean and light).

I tend to like things with a vanilla base when I want to feel mellow. Lately Dorian (no surprise - it's often my bedtime scent, too), Tattered Lace, Pere Noel, Aristocratic Couple have all been in heavy rotation with occasional forays into creamy rosiness with Sybil & Love. I like Champagne Lace, too, but the initial fizziness makes it less comforting.

Velvet & Sugar Skull are my cool weather comfort scents.

My favorite choices for that soft lounging feel are often what I choose to wear for bed.
Wulfric 2016, Dee, Palmyra. I like scents that seem to float and these do just the trick.

Obatala - to me, it smells clean and fresh and beachy, but in a pleasant, sweet way instead of the soap-and-dryer-sheets clean you get from aquatics. I wear this one to bed a lot in the summer, when our window-units-only/no-central-air apartment is always humid and warm and I just want to feel cool and clean.

Halfling - Fresh oatmeal raisin cookies. For pleasant weather/weekend morning lounging.

Chicken-legged Hut - Like a less sweet/slightly more savory Halfling. This smells like hay and sweet feed to me, and reminds me of barns and tack rooms, especially when layered with just a hint of something brown-leather-dominant like Red Rider.

No. 93 Engine - cozy balsam and beeswax and a hint of something smokey. This one is a good fall scent.

Dark Chocolate, Black Tobacco, and Vetiver - cozy, dry, warm, and reminiscent of the smell of hot wood and warm coals in a fancy sauna. This one is my favorite for rainy/grey days or cold, damp weather, though Smokestack is a decent GC substitute because it has a similar vetiver note. Anything with smokey vetiver + warm/sweet notes (vanilla, chocolate, tobacco, coffee, brown sugar) tends to last well on me and smell warm and cozy. Seven Word Story: Sloth is probably amazing for cozy/warm "it's cold and wet outside" snuggling as well going by the reviews and listed notes, though I haven't tried that one.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Sloth yet... :cool:

it's in the post right above yours! :wink:

Apparently I was too "lazy" to read the whole post! (Get it? I'm hilarious...)