Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente

Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

This is very pretty indeed!! It's a nice bouncy fruity floral at first. And I'm gettinga lvoely balance of both. The peach, Pomegranite and Rose are the front runners when it's first applied.

The drydown is gorgeous :yum: It's such a pleasant smell. I initially didn't think muhc of this scent but the more I'm wearing it the more I'm warming to it.
It's a very light scent, not meaning strength but..it's a delicate scent that is such a pleasure to wear.

The dry stages see the Pomegranite taking charge and I'm reminded of Swank (For obviousl resaons) And the floral is still there but the balance has switched to a fruity perfume now.

This is really nice. Not bottle worthy for me but still very very yummy!

This was crazy sweet in the bottle, almost to the point where it hurt my head. Very juicy, with lots of rose and fruit and flowers. The second it hit my skin? Poof. Gone. All I got from it was a hint of rose, and then that faded as well. I think I'll have to come back to this one, because I've never had a scent disappear like that before.

Am I the only one who gets mint from this? Mint and flowers. I am completely rubbish at telling florals apart, mind you, since they're not really my thing and I don't smell them often.

However, while feminine and soft and therefore not really for me, this is one of those rare florals I actually don't mind. It's a very soft, white floral and the mint (if that's what it is) keeps them crisp and not too sweet. The acquatic notes and bergamot help as well. Very well-rounded, would love to smell this on a girl.

Origin: frimp from an Inquisition circle

Initial Thoughts: In my first searches through the massive catalog that is BPAL, either I nixed this because of the mention of aquatic notes or I found it after I learned that some rose and pomegranate notes aren't at their best on my skin. But, never turn down a frimp with no firm deal-breakers!

In the Vial: Lightly fruity, freshly floral, with a cool aquatic undercurrent. A pretty, feminine spring-like scent.

Wet: Sweet and light fruit, all warm and golden. More summer than spring at this stage.

Drydown: The aquatic comes out a bit more, along with the floral and finally a hint of those autumn breezes. It stays sweet with a fruity grounding throughout.

Verdict: I like this a lot more than I expected I would. We'll see how long the imp lasts...

A sweet floral. The peach blossom and myrtle are most prominent with the aquatic/breezes in the background. No wild rose at all, which was a nice surprise. Fades quickly, leaving no peach blossom behind.

Sweet, light and fruity. Very summery - like wind blowing through laundry lines and taking a stroll through the garden.

in the imp: fruity floral with a bit of a bite.

wet: a bit tangy and sweet, pomegranate and...apple? O.o I know there isn't supposed to be any in it, but that's how my nose is interpreting it.

dry: fruity floral. I get a bit of rose, but it's actually behaving instead of going sour or turning into a sharp soap on me. For some reason I'm still getting whiffs of phantom apple. O.o

Tangy and sweet, fades sort of quickly, but rather pretty! I don't think I need a bottle, but I'm hanging onto my frimp. :)

In bottle: Rose and pomogranate mostly. The other notes are detectible and well blended, but the rose/pomogranate is very dominiant. I won’t skin test as I do terrible things to roses.

This is a very lovely scent. It's great for a hot day like today - light and floral and slightly watery. I like it.

the first impression is fruit and dirt. then it's fruit and grasses, finally fruit cobbler. the peach hits as a high top note followed by the pomegranate. the rose is really prevalent but it seems to be behaving currently.

it's pretty but it's a little too conventionally feminine for my tastes. i'd probably wear it again if i were frimped more of it, but i wouldn't seek it out. if there was a stronger/deeper bottom note i would like it a lot better but right now it strikes me as airy and almost weak.

I had ordered this with my second to last order and thought for sure I had left a review, but apparently I only managed to convince myself that I did. In the imp, this smelled very sweet and fruity. I didn't get much in the way of floral from it, but it was lovely.

At first application, the aquatic note came out to play with the juicy fruits (not like the gum, though), and I thought, wow, this is going to be really gorgeous.

Then for some reason it dried down to grape soda and church incense. Within three hours, it was gone altogether. Not one of my more favorite blends, at least not with my body chemistry. Boo.

Imp: a touch of aquatic splashed over some fruit with light flowers

Wet On Me: less aquatic and more fruit...rose wants to take over

Drying Down: Rose

Dry: Oh the Rose came out and stomped all over the fruits :( All I got was the air freshener rose.

La bella donna mia mente:

Wet: sharp very aquatic, but in a relaxing strange way. I get the feeling of having a relaxing picnic by a lake in the middle of autumn.

dry: hmm its a little dryer sheets and floral now... maybe i will give this some time to rest before I decide to give it away. it seems like it might age well.

2.5 out of 5

This is peach, myrtle and rose at first. Once this hits my skin, it picks up an aquatic background, that seems rather soapy for a minute or two. I don't get any pomegranate, but perhaps it is adding to the overall juiciness of the scent. It is nice, but not bottle worthy for me.

This is a fresh, fruity floral, kind of sweet. I'm getting peach and a touch of rose, mostly. Both of these notes are not the best on me, but it is blended so well, and the rose is of the sweet, fresh variety, not sour or powdery at all. This is kind of a serene, relaxing blend, and I may try it out at bedtime. I'd like my house to smell like this, but I'm not a big peach or rose fan. Nice to try though!

Imp: A basket full of ripe, juicy fruit underneath a crape myrtle!

Wet: The aquatic note adds a nice dimension to this; it keeps the fruit from becoming too sickly sweet. There is great balance to this, and the smack of rose in the background makes it more interesting.

Dry: The rose comes to the forefront; as it dries, it becomes more dignified. I feel as if I've watched a beautiful young girl grow up into a striking woman in the matter of an hour.

This works so well on my skin. I'll be ordering a bottle.

Thanks a bunch for the frimp, labbies! You really scored with this one!

In the imp: Clear, almost colorless oil with a pale greenish-yellow tint. A very sweet scent that is fruity but not really in a foody kind of way. Something in this is tantalizingly familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe something like peach? - but not exactly. Not exactly pomegranate, either, although I do detect that note as well. Whatever it is, I really like it. Perhaps it's the Sweet Clover (Melilot) - I used to have a Sweet Clover essential oil. I don't know what myrtle smells like, so I can't ID that. And there's definitely those aquatic notes.

On me, wet: Almost like pink bubblegum. Not nearly as complex as it was in the imp.

On me, just dried: Luckily, the bubblegum note is gone within a minute or two as it dries, and a gorgeous floral scent appears that smells exactly like lilacs to me, although that's not listed in the description. Do peach blossoms or myrtle smell like lilacs? I love this.

After 10 minutes: It's already lightened up considerably, becoming quite subtle. I hope that doesn't mean it will soon be gone. Soft lilacs, now with an aquatic note as well.

After 30 minutes: If I think about it, there's still a note of pink bubblegum. But the florals do counteract it. There's a little rose in the background, but it's still mostly lilacs. A light, cool, pale purple, and very feminine kind of scent. It is so lovely for a hot day.

After 1 hour: Pretty much the same as above, but a very faint undertone of pomegranate fruitiness has returned.

From there, the notes remain consistent as the fragrance fades away and is pretty much gone in about 3 hours.

I adore this! I can't wait to try it in my scent locket, to see if all those wonderful complex top notes will be preserved. But it's gorgeous either way.

My rating: 5 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose

In the imp- Juicy and herby. Can pick out the pomegranate, myrtle, and aquatic notes.

Wet- The juiciness disappears and the myrtle and melilot come to the forefront. The faintest hint of rose.

Dry- Lost all individual notes to my nose, smells like spring in the woods. Lightly floral and woody.

Not an everyday scent for me, but very much a go to when in a flowy, spring-like mood.

This is a beautiful scent. Soft and floral with a touch of fruit. The only problem is that it reminds me of expensive soap. I would love this soap, but I don't see myself wearing it as a perfume.

Oh well.

On the skin: Beautiful! A very soft floral with touches of peach and pomegranate! I remember trying this one in the past and not liking it, but now.... It is beautiful! Perfect spring/summer scent!

Argh! I think I'm losing the peach! Noooooo! It really is the peach and pomegranate that make this scent so beautiful. Hmmmmm, I'll need to test this again, but it is on my tentative bottle list.

In the bottle, this is all light, juicy fruits. I could get a bit of floral beneath that and, oddly enough, a hint of spice which must be the "autumn breeze." That's what I thought I wanted, so I put it on ... and the fruit disappeared, of course.

I'm definitely getting rose now, very clearly rose, not just "something flowery." If the fruits are there, they're only there as sweetness. The aquatics are still in the background, and there is increasingly something that registers as "spicy floral." I don't know what myrtle smells like (I've heard "resinous," so maybe it's that, but also "bayberry," which doesn't help because I don't know what that smells like, either). Melilot is supposed to smell like "new-mown hay" fresh or like "tonka bean" or "vanilla" when dried, and I can definitely smell some of that.

It's very floral for me, but I think I like it. I'm just worried about the drydown, as it seems to be fading and turning almost plastic-y on me, and that's something I definitely do not want.

This one is a very light, slightly fruity, slightly floral one.

Something in it reminds me of The Temptation... I like it but it's definitely not me, a bit too light.

To me it is a very bright and airy scent, I imagine a tiny, pale fairy with the most delicate of wings would naturally smell of this.

Wet: Fresh, juicy apple with a hint of peach and spring flowers.

Drydown: The aquatic notes join with the apple to create an apple spritzer sort of vibe. Soapy rose floats just beneath it. There’s a touch of pomegranate and something that smells like play doh in the background. My guess is that melilot is the culprit.

Dry: The play doh has faded away and the autumn breezes have moved in. Fresh and fruity (mostly pomegranate at this point) with soft rose and a warm aquatic breeze. Feminine and refreshing.

I'm not usually crazy about florals and fruity scents, especially those associated with the color red, but I found this quite lovely despite that!

ITI: My first impressions: the scent is sweet and floral, but like a candied sweet. I get lots of pomegranate followed by myrtle and peach blossom. I don't pick up the aquatic and I'm so thankful for that.

Wet: The pomegranate and peach blossom come to the forefront, although the rose is now peeking out. A few seconds in and yes, there's the aquatic and of course it turns into bathroom sanitizer on me.

Dry: Ok, at least the aquatic has toned down some. The peach blossom is still going strong about 10 minutes in, and the pomegranate juice has become much less artificial. I can now pick up the melilot as well. Overall, it's a sweetly balanced scent once it dries.

I received this as a frimp, and I figured I'd try it for integrity's sake.

In bottle: Fruity and sweet; some woody scent makes it almost syrupy.

Wet: Lilacs and roses, with a bit of fruit. Very fresh.

Drydown: Some incense, but still mostly flowery. Still very fresh and vibrant. The fruit and flower notes have quite a bit of throw.

Dry: Fresh, sweet flowers with a bit more incense.

A nice scent, but not a scent for me - something I would imagine on a woman wearing a sundress. Feminine , flowery, and fresh. A must for lilac lovers.