Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

can anyone tell me what would go nicely with lush's new flying fox? I don't need them to smell the same, but complimentary...

Also a question, Midnight reminds me strongly of a Lush product but I cannot figure out which one.....

It might be aqua mirabils? who can help?

Oh, almost forgot:

the new showergel Flying Fox abd Delight are EXACT match ( well for me cause my skin kick up Jasmine as a single note in both)

Edited by quinkel

*Potion with:

-Alice (these match each other eerily well)

-Maiden (this brings out the carnation/floral side of Potion)

I think Harlot also goes really well with Potion. They have the same "Big Red" cinnamon note.

Dana O'Shee and Snowcake - I'm sure this one's been mentioned already! They smell identical to me.

Can anyone recommend something that goes with Jungle or Flowertub? Those two scents are awesome, creamy sweet green florals.

Unseelie would go quite well, but I'm sure I've seen two others mentioned somewhere. My love is a Gavarnie/Flowertub/Jungle fanatic, and he's going to order the scents next time...I'll go and look! :P

ETA, it's on Page4. :D

Spaceprostitute:

No one specifically asked for this, but I got a sample of Old Amsterdam thrown in my order and the first thing I thought was Fox in the Flowers, which seems to be love or hate on the LUSH forum. I, personally like it and think it's spot on, though not as headache inducing as Fox in the Flowers. It may also satisfy those Gavarnie/Jungle people

Hellesbelle:

Add me to the list of people looking for Gavarnie/Flowertub/Jungle smell-a-likes. I ordered Rosalind and Water of Notre Dame in my last imps order, as they both seem to have that grassy element to them...here's hoping!

Edited by Alice Aforethought

I tried O after washing with flying fox last night - yum. I smelt so gorgwous I could have eaten myself all up.

happily mr.sj agreed :P

I'm wearing potion/dust-to-dust/old venice today - oh my goodness, that is a gorgeous combo.

Hello Ladies, I'm sooo glad that I found this thread. I'm considering placing a BNever order, but think that it might be in my (and my bank account's) best interest if I place a BPAL order instead.

So far I'm considering:

Phantasn (because someone said it reminded them of Avobath)

Embalming Fluid (because of the Citrus notes)

Aries (because I love Hot Toddy in the winter)

Black Lotus or Bordello (Because I am in LOVE with You Snap the Whip)

Does anyone know of a sent that resembles Sugar Plum Fairy or It's a Date?? I LOVE those guys!!!

My first BPAL order included SWANK, which I am totally in Love with and am going to be buying a bottle of this time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :P

Aries (because I love Hot Toddy in the winter)

If you like Hot Toddy, you might also like Hellcat. They are very complimentary.

Today I took a bath with some Karma stuff, then dusted off with the Karma powder and applied Seraglio. Mmmmmmm....they are so good together. They aren't so much a direct match as they are complimentary. Karma provides the great base of patchouli and orange and Seraglio adds a polish of rose and spices.

I highly recommend it! :P

I have probably mentioned this before somewhere, but for anyone missing Lush Potion, BPAL's Single note Carnation is bang on.

Nicer even :P

Ordered today--thank you. I have been trying to find a true carnation scent for the longest time. And I love Potion.

Now I just have to develop the patience to wait out the order *sigh.

Thanks -

can anyone tell me what would go nicely with lush's new flying fox? I don't need them to smell the same, but complimentary...

I would also try either Twilight or Old New Orleans, both of which have love jasmine scents to them.

I have found Flying Fox to have some tea scent as well, and while I have found the BPAL tea notes not to work with me, maybe someone else here could recommend a good "tea" scent from them?

I just washed my hair with Flying Fox and put on my Veil lotion (Veil mixed in with unscented Aveeno) and I smell mahvelous.

Also, for anyone who availed themselves of the Lush discontinued order, 13 Rabbits shower gel with BLISS!!!!!

I read through this whole thread, but I couldn't find a Lush/BPAL equation for Silky Underwear Powder. Does anyone know of one?

I read through this whole thread, but I couldn't find a Lush/BPAL equation for Silky Underwear Powder. Does anyone know of one?

The drydown of Djinn is very much Fairy jasmine/silky underwear. Mind you out of the bottles it smells nowhere near SUW Also the drydown of hurricane has the same sort of scent, the soft powdery Lush scent :P :D

really amazing cause right out of the bottles and the first 30 minutes it is very yucky vetiverisch scent...

Edited by quinkel

Nepthys....Snow White (Limited Edition scent unfortunately) is like an intense hit of Silky Underwear :P its also got undercurrents of Snowcake soap.

The 3 together would be fabulous!

I was given some SW by a very kind forum member!

:D

I just wore Delirium again today and was reminded of how much of a dead ringer this is for Amondopondo bubble bar. It's got the same, beautiful, rose and citrus blend that's delicate and long-lasting at the same time. Bliss. :P

Oh my goodness Rainbow I had no idea. I love Amandopondo and I have Dilerium but haven't tried it yet.

I also echo Jazzie Cazzie's combo of 13 Rabbits and Bliss. Yum.

I apologize if I missed it here aready but I like Hamadryad with Flower tub quite a bit.

There similar with they're woodsy, green and spiciness.