Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

This will probably help very little, but Venom (disc) seemed to be a bit similar to Sex Bomb to me. :P

I'm desperate for a BPAL to match Lush's Olive Branch. The thing is, Olive Branch smells like more than just bergamot to me -- there's a delicious spicy thing happening that I'm addicted to! Anyone who is familiar with the scent of Olive Branch who could recommend a BPAL or two that smell similar?

I've heard there was a Lush forum perfume made of Olive Branch that I haven't had a chance to smell. :P

Audra

I'm desperate for a BPAL to match Lush's Olive Branch. The thing is, Olive Branch smells like more than just bergamot to me -- there's a delicious spicy thing happening that I'm addicted to! Anyone who is familiar with the scent of Olive Branch who could recommend a BPAL or two that smell similar?

I've heard there was a Lush forum perfume made of Olive Branch that I haven't had a chance to smell. :D

Audra

Have you tried Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar? It's the same...so you can layer the scent! I'm not sure there was a perfume of Olive Branch......There definatley was a Shower Smoothie made specially!

There were definatley perfumes of American Cream/Flosty Gritter, Potion/Ruby Red Slippers, Honey I washed The Kids/Ma Bar, Fever/Hollywood/Mirror Mirror and...Snowcake!

So I don't think you've missed out anywhere (I could of course have completley missed it myself) :P

I adore The Olive Branch and haven't found anything that's readily available made by anyone other than Lush that even vaguely resembles it! :D They did make the forum special perfume and a body cream - the Happy Pill ballistic is scented with it, half Olive Branch and half Happy Hippy, but all I smell is Olive Branch - and to my nose, the BNever scent Ten Thousand Kisses Deep is a little reminiscent of it. (BNever is Lush's sister company, just in case you aren't familiar with them.)

Maybe this spring I will do a revisiting of the citrusy BPAL scents, paying special attention to those with bergamot :D

And blu° - what your suggestion will help do is drive up the already wild demand for Venom :P

And blu° - what your suggestion will help do is drive up the already wild demand for Venom :P

Yes, probably... hope I'm not ruining it for anyone. Myself, I've long given up to get my hands on it again.

As for the Olive Branch, there's mandarine in it, isn't it? And I think there must be some heavy musk or ambers, maybe even black musk, too. Dunno if that helps anyone.

Another one: I think some of the Snakes smell terribly Lush. Interestingly it's those ones that I thought were supposed to smell dark and mysterious...

King Cobra smells like a mix between Mme Moriarty and Silky Undies, and Death Adder reminded me immediately of I Should Coco soap. They are very girly scents on me and feel like something that's coloured pink.

*pant, pant, pant*

Man, that was YEARS worth of info.....Thanks to all who did these posts!!!

I took notes....LOTS of notes....I have orders lining up on little note cards!!

Now as long as I don't lose them!!!! :P

i've mixed bpal and lush quite sucessfully. some of the combos i have done have been christingly/lick it again, sakura/kabuki, bollywood/sugar skull, creamy candy/mb:panties and silky underwear/mata hari. i love mixing bpal and lush! :P

i have found my latest love from Lush...

sultana of soap!!

which bpal scents are similar??

thanks!!!

I'm coming to the end of my stockpile of Irresistible Bliss shampoo bars, which Lush discontinued last year. I'm heartsick, as I adored the soft, light floral fragrance. Most florals I get tend to be either very intense notes (such as Lady of Shalott or Muse) or smell powdery to me in a lot of the BPAL blends, but the faint "night-blooming flowers" of Snow White almost reminds me of the soft Irresistible Bliss flowers -- but it's not a good match because of the snowy scent (also, I want to hoard my stock of Snow White!).

Was anyone else a fan of this lovely shampoo bar, and do you know of a light, sweet, soft floral that would match in BPAL?

(And I see through this thread that no one's ever made a strong rec for Sympathy for the Skin... maybe I will make it my quest in life to see if I can find a close-to-dead ringer for that one, because it's the one I'd want the most after IB...)

You can buy the IB shampoo bars from the German Lush - maybe you could get a group order together?

That's fantastic news, thank you. I wouldn't have thought to look elsewhere, as I hadn't realized they offered different things in different countries. I'm sure a number of my friends will be thrilled. Now if only there were a matching BPAL perfume...

I've heard there was a Lush forum perfume made of Olive Branch that I haven't had a chance to smell. :D

Audra

Have you tried Pop In The Bath Bubble Bar? It's the same...so you can layer the scent! I'm not sure there was a perfume of Olive Branch......There definatley was a Shower Smoothie made specially!

There were definatley perfumes of American Cream/Flosty Gritter, Potion/Ruby Red Slippers, Honey I washed The Kids/Ma Bar, Fever/Hollywood/Mirror Mirror and...Snowcake!

So I don't think you've missed out anywhere (I could of course have completley missed it myself) :P

there actually was an Olive Branch perfume made in the last UK perfume round, try eBay or the swaps forum on the Lush board. don't think they ever made an OB shower smoothie, but they did make an Olive Branch lotion also that was quite nice.

Edited by whitknee

does anything smell similar to or complement miranda?

I think that it would go well with Eden, which is fruity and interesting.

To me, Bliss doesn't smell of chocolate but of Lush's chocolate products: whipstick, Sonic Death Monkey. Bliss lasts nothing on me so I poured 3/4 of an imp on a Xmas massage bar and now the chocolate smell is amplified! yay!

Jailbait and Rockstar doesn't smell exactly alike but it is as if rockstar was one of the ingredients in Jailbait. They go well with each other if you want that sort of candy overdose.

Just got my grubby mitts on a sample of Jacob's Ladder this weekend - on first test it is reminding me a lot of B Never Too Busy to Be Beautiful (Lush's sister company) 's perfume 1000 kisses deep.. in my book this is a VERY GOOD THING

Recently got a bottle of Alone from the Demon in my View set and Im stuck by how much it resembles Lush's Blue Skies range. :P

I've been on the quest to find a BPAL like lush's Jungle for quite a while, and I have to say, I've fallen head over heals for Antonino, cuz it has a very similar feel on my skin chem!!! (well, late into the drydown, anyway...)

Antonino makes me think LUSH, too. Not so much a specific product, but the general LUSH kind of scent, must be the vetiver and lavendar and citrus combination.

Just found a wonderful pairing when I got my Monster Bait: Bloody Mary. If you like Snow Fairy holiday shower gel, get thee a bottle of Bloody Mary! It's got that wonderful combo of fruity with sugar, but not that sticky, heavy kind of sugar. Lush's "candy floss" and "wicked fruitiness" are a great match with the dark cherries and powdered sugar of Mary. They're not identical, but close enough that it makes me really happy I finally found a great BPAL to put over the scent the gel leaves on my skin. :P

sultana of soap!!

thanks!!!

Sultana is the same as Blackberry Bath Bomb, and as I recall the blackberry note in BPAL is very similar. I believe that the floral in the two is frankenscense. I would do a search on the BPAL site for blackberry. Samhain smelled very similar to me when it was fresh, but aged it is very different.

sultana of soap!!

thanks!!!

Sultana is the same as Blackberry Bath Bomb, and as I recall the blackberry note in BPAL is very similar. I believe that the floral in the two is frankenscense. I would do a search on the BPAL site for blackberry. Samhain smelled very similar to me when it was fresh, but aged it is very different.

I just thought the other day that BBB really has a LOT of frankincense. I'm not so sure about the similarity to Sultana of Soaps, but if you want to recreate the BBB scent you might want to try layering Glasgow or another blackberry blend with Cathedral.

Edited by blu°

I'm with acc5446. Anything close to an Emperor of Ice Cream scent would be fantastic!

As for Sonic Death Monkey, I tried Akuma yesterday and, wet, it smells much similar. Kind of an orangy chocolatey smell of supreme goodness.

I was recently able to try a lush product in "It's a Date", and I did a search on here, but there's nothing really conclusive about it. (Plus, I got every single post with a direct quote in it, because those always list the date in bbcode.) So does anybody know anything similar to this lovely, lovely scent?

Malediction in the imp is super reminiscent of Tramp, my loveliest shower gel...though it is a little less...green than Tramp.

People have said that it smells like the Middle Earth soap, but I think it smells more like Tramp--Middle Earth seemed somehow creamier than this...however, I haven't tried it on my skin yet, so we'll see.

My favorite Lush products are Blackberry, Black Pearl, Romance In A Stone, All That Jas, Karma, Flosty Gritter, and Sunny Side. Has anyone ever found any similaries between these and any BPAL oils? Especially Karma and Black Pearl - those are amazing. :P