Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Since Alkmaar is described as containing jasmine, sweet honeysuckle, 'gentle rose' - along with along with vertivert and styrax, and Euphrosyne contains Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine; Black Dahlia has magnolias, orchid, star jasmine, black amber, 'smoky rose'; and Regan has the vanilla from orchids and is blended with a jasmine-like flower - and all have been described in reviews as powdery, has anyone noticed if these ones are at all similar?

I did a search of this topic but didn't find anything specific regarding Lush's Black Pearl bath bomb. Is there any Bpal scent that is either similar to this or would go well with it? I'm terrible at discerning specific scents so I can't pinpoint what ingredients are in it to look for similar ones.

I did a search of this topic but didn't find anything specific regarding Lush's Black Pearl bath bomb. Is there any Bpal scent that is either similar to this or would go well with it? I'm terrible at discerning specific scents so I can't pinpoint what ingredients are in it to look for similar ones.

Lurid looks like it might be similar, at least that's what I hoped when I did an ingredients search - and some of the reviews relate it to 'Twas the Night, Black Pearl, and It's a Date, but I've only sniffed Black Pearl, so I'm not sure how close the rest of those are.

Anyway, I don't know if it's the same, but I ordered an imp (my first order yesterday!), and I'll tell you if they seem close or not when it arrives. :P

I've been on the quest to find a BPAL like lush's Jungle for quite a while, and I have to say, I've fallen head over heals for Antonino, cuz it has a very similar feel on my skin chem!!! (well, late into the drydown, anyway...)

Edited by jewelbug

Oh, man... I would DIE for an It's A Date/Plum Duff equivalent. I would douse myself in it! Any suggestions?

Lurid looks like it might be similar, at least that's what I hoped when I did an ingredients search - and some of the reviews relate it to 'Twas the Night, Black Pearl, and It's a Date, but I've only sniffed Black Pearl, so I'm not sure how close the rest of those are.

Anyway, I don't know if it's the same, but I ordered an imp (my first order yesterday!), and I'll tell you if they seem close or not when it arrives. :D

Lurid turned out to be blackberry bubblegum dipped in heavy cologne on me. :P

By the next morning it usually is down to simply currant and lavender (which turns to cherries on me), which is nice, but my chemistry really doesn’t convert it to anything I could relate it to, and, at least to me, it's not worth nearly a day of that heavy cologne scent. :D

If anyone misses the Silent White bath bomb from a few Christmases ago, Snow-Flakes is just about a dead ringer for it to my nose, down to the faint powderiness. :P

For those still looking for something compatible with Creamy Candy...

On me, Bon Viviant starts off with a lot of champagne in there, but the dry down has that pink rock candy smell I get from Rock Star and Creamy Candy - without the headachey plastic tinge. The strawberry doesn’t smell like a fresh, ripe strawberry, but it’s not an overly candied and fake one either, either. It’s fresh, lightly sweet (not juicy or saturated in artificial sugar substitutes), while somehow conveying that hard candy bite. I thought Jailbait might be closer, but I mainly get crushed orange and cherry lollipops (the thin, transparent kind with the plastic sealed top people buy in bulk for doctor’s offices, Halloween, etc.). Anyway, it’s not dead-on, but on me it’s almost thisclose, but slightly more wearable for me… though, if it gets on my clothes during the wet-stage, they’re left smelling like there’s a champagne spill somewhere. For the sake of covering all the strawberry scents I’ve tried and seen Creamy Candy/Rock Star, or otherwise LUSH references to, Maenad starts off with part of Bon Viviant’s strawberry-rock-candy dry down, but after that the relation dissipates, at least on me, and the the poppy and carnation take over, making it more along the lines of a smokey, seductive scent, or sometimes similar to a pretty good stick of strawberry nag champa… But it looks like Maenad still another Rock Star/Creamy Candy on different chemistries.

How close is Sybaris to Bathos, if at all?

To me, Moscow is very similar to the Holiday bubble bars (formerly known as Ruby Red Slippers). Same carnation, rose and citrus. A bath with Holiday and a few dabs of Moscow afterwards leaves me deliciously carnation-y. :P

Snowcake is definitely similar to Dana O'Shee.

And if you like the very jasminey Sex Bomb? Try Euphrosyne or the Celestial Luna.

*sigh* I've scaned all 19 pages of this thread and not a single mention of Blackberry Bomb.

Any and all suggestions as to what would match that will be greatly appreciated!

Aw, Baudelaire - I admire your tenacity! *prepares soothing, cool cloth for eyestrain and headache*

Here is a small trick you can try when faced with finding a bit of information in a daunting thread like this one: Look at the bottom of the page you are on, on the left side, under the bottom post. You should see a box that says "Enter Keywords" with a button to its right that says "Search Topic." Type your term(s) in that box, and only the thread you are reading will be searched!

I find that Lush-BPAL similarities are very subjective - but I did check to see what scents contain blackberry. Glasgow (The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather) and Bewitched (Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk) are the only GC blends that contain it - but there are a number of blends that are dark and fruity. Try searches at the lab's web site for berry(ies), currant and plum for those.

Hopefully you'll get some response to your question, but if not, try Glasgow and Bewitched to start.

I'm DYING to know if anyone has any recs for my two favorite scents- Olive Branch and Something Wicked. Haven't seen anything for Something wicked yet, and so far it looks like Dorian was the only one mentioned for OB. Thanks!!

I'm DYING to know if anyone has any recs for my two favorite scents- Olive Branch and Something Wicked. Haven't seen anything for Something wicked yet, and so far it looks like Dorian was the only one mentioned for OB. Thanks!!

I would love to know of any similar Olive Branch scents too. It's my favorite Lush scent!

Aw, Baudelaire - I admire your tenacity! *prepares soothing, cool cloth for eyestrain and headache*

Here is a small trick you can try when faced with finding a bit of information in a daunting thread like this one: Look at the bottom of the page you are on, on the left side, under the bottom post. You should see a box that says "Enter Keywords" with a button to its right that says "Search Topic." Type your term(s) in that box, and only the thread you are reading will be searched!

I find that Lush-BPAL similarities are very subjective - but I did check to see what scents contain blackberry. Glasgow (The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather) and Bewitched (Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk) are the only GC blends that contain it - but there are a number of blends that are dark and fruity. Try searches at the lab's web site for berry(ies), currant and plum for those.

Hopefully you'll get some response to your question, but if not, try Glasgow and Bewitched to start.

hehehe I actually did try reading the first few pages, then I remembered ... "Ah! Ctrl + F!" The Find function is such a wonderous invention :D Otherwise I'm sure I would have a beast of a headache & eyestrain :P

I will certainly check out your recomendations though! Whether or not I get a response. Thankyou so much doll!

Would Bliss (or Velvet, or Gluttony?) be most like Lush's "Sonic Death Monkey"?

Lily

you want something with a hint of orange in to be like SDM - not sure what that would be. bliss is more like cadbury's dairy milk, velvet is drier with the sandalwood & all I can remember about gluttony was that I had to get rid of it as quickly as possible...

maybe bliss layered with an orangey something would be good.

Have you tried Ravenous? :D I think it smells so close to Sonic Death Monkey or at least so much that it's highly complimentary.

It's probably been mentioned but the closest thing to Potion, on me, is Carnivale. :P

I'd probably suggest maybe "13" for a similarity to Sonic Death Monkey. It's got that orangey chocolate kinda thing going on.

If anyone misses the Silent White bath bomb from a few Christmases ago, Snow-Flakes is just about a dead ringer for it to my nose, down to the faint powderiness. :D

Oh my god are you serious? I LOVED Silent White. Does Snowflakes have Pettigrain in it?

MUST......SMELL........SNOWFLAKES.........ARGH!!

Edited by ouch!

This isn't really a similarity but I find that the two are rather complimentary. I love using Rockstar soap and slathering O on after. They go so well together. :P The thing I love about soap from Lush is that the scent remains in an unobstrusive yet noticeable way after my shower.

It looks like I need to track down imps of Jailbait and Bon Vivant sooner rather than later, to test them out with some Rockstar! :D

I haven't sniffed them in a long time, but i wonder if olive branch might go along with zephyr or greed? I know i mentioned dracul and kitsune tsuki before, but again, it's been so long since i have sniffed!

i wanted to say that i have been using bnever tangle conditioner and to me it smells like scales of depravation almost exactly....also slightly similiar would be isles of the dead.

I haven't sniffed them in a long time, but i wonder if olive branch might go along with zephyr or greed? I know i mentioned dracul and kitsune tsuki before, but again, it's been so long since i have sniffed!

i wanted to say that i have been using bnever tangle conditioner and to me it smells like scales of depravation almost exactly....also slightly similiar would be isles of the dead.

It is interesting how body chemistry works out...I know someone posted that Antique Lace reminded her of Fairy Jasmine, but on me it is a dead ringer for Butterball.

I mean *exactly* like butterball. MMMMM

I agree - the same goes for Antique Lace and Butterball on my skin...

Are there any BPAL scents that smell like the Big Blue ballistic?

Sea of Glass has a very big blue vibe to it for me...

and I agree with the SDM and "13" similarity...

I also find that BNever and Litha are very similar... and Randy Butter and Smut are VERY complimentary (but not necc the same)

despite that fact that it doesn't have coconut in it, i think bpal's eclipse smells very similar to lush's skinny dip. could just be my nose, though. i do think that they would at least be very complimentary.

I would give blood to find a BPAL match for Emporer of Ice Cream...!! According to the website the notes are: macadamia oil, mango, jasmine and rose absolutes, vanilla orchid pod infusion, and orange blossom honey.

also, i have the big love for the All that Jas(mine) and Bathos...things that smell like them would give me the joy.

Recommendations? Anyone? Bueller?

fresh cupcake mask reminds me of candy butcher but with more

sweetness....i luuuuurve the lush cupcake mask and it works amazingly well

on my "lately' troubled skin....

I would LOVE a sex bomb ballistic dupe. I keep them in my room and whenever I enter I sniff all my perfumes and stuff to see what it is, and it is always the bathbomb that I am smelling and loooove. please help me !:P