Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Is there a BPAL that smells like Strawberry Twin Tub or American Cream, or better yet a mix of the two?

My thoughts on similarities:

Morocco - American Cream

Ahathoor - Potion

Corazon - Skin Sin

Formula 54 - Candy Fluff (but good luck getting yourself some) :D

Les Infortunes De La Vertu - Olive Branch

Tarot: The Moon - Fairy Jasmine

Panacea Elixir II: Succor - Chai shower gel

Zorya - like some of the more floral Lush products

Wolf's Heart - Chai

Twilight Alchemy Lab (so these are sort of beside the point but...)

Gainful Employment - Wiccy Magic Muscles

Mantle of Venus - Skinny Dip

and furthermore:

Blood Pearl - an almost generically Lush store smell :P

Black Phoenix- smells like the Lush Cacas

Euterpe - generic Lush store smell

Marquise de Merteuil - another generic Lush smell

Silentium Amoris - again, like the Cacas

Edited by aidenraine

To my nose, Ravenous = a sexier version of Karma.

You know, I have been wondering...I am in LOVE with LUSH's Figs and Leaves soap and have been for many many years. Which BPAL most resembles it? I was thinking maybe trying Strangler Fig as it appears to be the most green figgy scent around. Also, do you think that Intrigue would go well with Figs and Leaves? Or is the fig in Intrigue more "gooey" than "green"?

Edited by judas_kiss

Also, do you think that Intrigue would go well with Figs and Leaves?

Gah! I love Figs and Leaves but don't like Intrigue at all.

Figs and Leaves is warm and green while Intrigue is dark and... dark.

Oh, I love dark dark dark....but I really am looking for something that smells just like F&L as well. All the commercial fig scents (excepting my beloved Black Fig & Absinthe which smells nothing like F&L) are just too...sharp. I love fig, but I love it in the warm, soft incarnation of this soap...I think I'll just order a bottle of Strangler Fig in my next order...throw caution to the wind and all that.

Well, I ordered the Karma perfume from Lush, and, while I rather like it, have found that it fades almost instantly once applied. I looked at the thread that detailed similarities between the BPAL scents and Lush's scents, and it seems that Masquerade and Vixen are two fairly close approximations. When I went into the threads reviewing these two, however, they seemed a little 'heavy.'

Does anyone have any advice on what might be a close Karma match without being too overwhelming?

I also was wondering if BPAL has any aquatic, salty marine smelling fragrances. I couldn't really find any when I searched the forums...

Thanks a lot for your advice; As you can tell, I'm new to this company

Drewreporting, I would definitely go ahead and try Masquerade and Vixen! If Karma perfume is fading on you, they may not seem heavy to your nose - I have Karma also and it is pretty strong on me. So sometimes it's a matter of personal preference, body chemistry, or a combination... Masquerade is my favorite "Lushy" BPAL.

As for aquatics, you should check out this thread to start. If you reply to the thread, it will get bumped up to the front page of Recs and you're likely to get some good input including more recent releases.

I looked at the thread that detailed similarities between the BPAL scents and Lush's scents, and it seems that Masquerade and Vixen are two fairly close approximations. When I went into the threads reviewing these two, however, they seemed a little 'heavy.'

You could also try Ravenous. I love Karma and I wear both Ravenous and Masquerade. I haven't tried Vixen. It is my experience, though, that Ravenous is a bit more fiery whereas Masquerade has a more earthy base. It's really up to you and which you prefer. Both are very strong blends with a ton of throw, but the easiest way to avoid that trap is to use a very light hand when applying. (ETA) Both have incredible staying power. I only have to apply once during the day, maybe twice if it's been a bit hot and I've been outside and sweat a lot. I oftentimes can still smell these blends in my hair the next day.

I HTH!

Edited by judas_kiss

Someone, PLEASE tell me what can go with Silky Underwear/All That Jas.

Also, any matches for Candy Fluff and/or Sakura?

Try The Perfumed Garden (a Valentine LE)... it's very jasminey, but dried down to more of a Silky Underwear jasmine than a Flying Fox jasmine. If you can get your hands on that one, it's the closest I've found.

Also, any matches for Candy Fluff and/or Sakura?

I'd try Peitho for Silky Underwear, I think it smells just like Alkmaar soap, which is Silky Underwear scented. :P

I think the simularity with Snowcake has been mentioned before , but I noticed today that Dana O'Shee and the Snow on Snow dusting powder are very similar (obviously, I guess). I'm going to try layering them after a Snow Festival bubble bath sometime...

oh, and I'll second the Silky Underwear/Peitho rec :P

i remember posting this but i cant seem to find it now.

are there any hair products, lotions, soap, shower gel that smells like the following scents.

O

Fae

Snake oil

Antique lace

Scherezade

Dorian

Lolita

edited to add dana o shee

Edited by voix

Sin reminds me a lot of Lush's Spice Mountain during drydown.

I got some Peitho in my order that I haven't tested yet, but if it smells like Silky Underwear/Alkmaar I will be in heaven!

I'm sorry if someone asked this already but I can't really go though 18 pages of posts right now :-/

Is there anything on BPAL similar to Sonic Death Monkey? I love that crap :-p

just fyi for the future: At the bottom of the page, there's a thingy that says "Enter Keywords", and a Search Topic button. Instead of looking through all 18 pages, you can go to any post that has your search terms.

Not trying to scold; just a friendly tip!

Not trying to scold; just a friendly tip!

Thanks for the tip, I'm still trying to figure this forum out since I haven't seen this particular setup before.

Sonic Death Monkey was mainly chocolate orange to me. The most chocolate-orangey scent I've tried from BPAL was 13, which had notes of white chocolate and mandarin. It's been released twice so far so you should be able to find a bottle.

I might just be crazy, but when I layered sugar skull 05 and jack, they really started to meld into a HIWTK scent after about an hour (i absolutley can't explain that notewise...). Maybe my skin chem is just whack, but it made me insanely happy!

edited to add: I agree, closest thing to SDM is 13. I often layer them.

Edited by jewelbug

I've done the search but can't find an answer to this one:

Any BPAL similar to Lush's Randy Buttercream scent? Love that boozy thing!

I know you guys are getting sick of asking about comparison fragrances.. But I love FEVER by lush, as in the massage bar and the v limited perfume that i just cant get hold of..... does anything have a similar fragrance in bpal?

UPDATED...

I know the scent has carnation, rose absolute and sandalwood just dont know what would match in bpals

Edited by casalina

Ok, I've another Lush scent I'd love to have in bpal, or at least something very similar - Green Day bbs. Can anyone help with something similar or with the same 'feel'?

I searched the thread, but didn't find an answer. What is a BPAL scent that is closest to Youki Hi? I love the scent it has and I'd like to have it linger as long as possible.

I searched the thread, but didn't find an answer. What is a BPAL scent that is closest to Youki Hi? I love the scent it has and I'd like to have it linger as long as possible.

I would start by trying some jasmine scents - pick out some that have other notes that you like, too, and just go to town. :D BPAL jasmine can be bossy and dominating sometimes, especially when your imp or bottle is fresh from the lab. That's when I get the Youki-Hi vibe from jasmine blends! (I am not a Y-H fan, so I like my jasmine blends to mellow for a while). Melisande is the latest one that I do love, but I am hoping that the jasmine will relax and let some of the other kids play with the ball. :P

There's a thread here in Recs discussing jasmine blends. As you'll see, here are several types of jasmine that Beth uses and of course, every blend is going to have a different proportion... and your chemistry will be the final judge, too.

Good luck!

I fell in love with Fever, so if anyone finds a BPAL scent that smells like it please let me know!

Rapture, on me, smells exactly like B Never's 2 Hearts, which is supposed to smell exactly like Lush's Fever: jasmine and rose.

On me, both of the perfumes smell likek cloying jasmine :P

I'm still looking for something that brings out the sandalwoody goodness of Fever.