Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I wore Black Lotus the other day, and it smelled very much like You Snap the Whip on me. Perhaps a little bit less sweet, but I could have sworn I smelled blackcurrants!

:P

Hopefully this hasn't been covered already, and I did a search in this section of the forum just to make sure as it's been awhile since I've read this thread in full, but...

WHITEWASH???

Is there anything similar? I think those on the LUSH forum are well acquainted with my love of Whitewash. It's sandalwood, and the original had lemon, but the majority of the ones I have contain mandarin instead, but I love it just the same...and there's more, but I don't know what. I open it up and sniff it every time I'm in the bathroom. Is there anything? Beth, can you please make something that smells like it? Oh please?

For WhiteWash - maybe Shadow? - A subtly menacing blend of lemon verbena, white sandalwood and cedar, dimmed by droplets of the darkest patchouli.

I only got the mandarin smelling whitewash so I'm less impressed.

After testing my imp of the Hesperides today, I can say that on me, it goes through a stage of smelling exactly like HIWTK, and then turns into Ma Bar. It's delicious! :P

*waving madly* Ooooh! Ooooo-oooh!

You must try: Lush Skinny Dip + BPAL Regan.

I'm seriously going to eat myself until I taste blood. It's the loveliest, spiciest, gutsiest vanilla, and the two products blend until I can't tell one from the other. Made me want to put on flippy little lacy underthingies for tonight's date. Not the black thong... the pink and purple see-thru boyshorts with the little bows.

Seriously. Yum. :P

I am testing Serpent qui Dance today and it's quite similar to Daddyo and Bathos, they will go very good togeter.

Strange, and slightly unsettling comparison of Jester with Rockstar soap?! At least on my hand yesterday.

Will try again since the notes aren't the same, or are they? I'm /not/ a fan of Rockstar!!

Hi aromatic ladies (and gents),

I've been looking through the LUSH/BPAL similarity thread but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm looking for something that smells just like Skinny Dip, instead of just going well with it. I just tried Skinny Dip for the first time and I'm in love. So far I can't find a BPAL which seems to smell just like Skinny Dip, so I'm thinking of layering.

Do you think that Velvet and Single Note Clove would smell like Skinny Dip? Do you think that layering clove with Snake Oil would be gross? How about clove with Sandalwood or Amber? I have enticing ideas about Clove and Carnal but want to see if anyone has done this kind of layering first... I also need to get some single note Clove, but for now I thought I thought I'd throw some questions out for y'all.

Thanks!

not as if i tried but Dana o shee layered with clove (a tiny bit) could come close. Dana comes close already as i am combining the two right now and it's edible :P

I love Tramp and will, therefore, put Greed on my next list. Thanks!

Envy reminds me quite a bit of Pleasure Dough and compliments Dream Cream.

I like Old Sybaris with Skinny Dip; however, there is no BPAL scent that really smells closer to Skinny Dip........Old Sybaris compliments it nicely.

I love layering March Hare with Skinny Dip. It really brings out the clove smell and I feel all deliciously twisted.

Bordello and You Snap the Whip - Oh yeah.

Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds with either Old Morocco or Hellfire

Aqua Mirablis (Old Style) with Harlot

Floating Island, Whitewash and American Cream with Snake Oil - Complimentary somehow.

I have probably mentioned this before somewhere, but for anyone missing Lush Potion, BPAL's Single note Carnation is bang on.

Nicer even :P

i don't know much about lush, so i don't have an exact match BUT bon vivant, on me, smells like what i think of as the generic lush smell (the smell of bath bombs and bubble bars). mmm-mm!

Tramp and Greed compliment each other - the Greed just carries on the Tramp experience all day!

Hi, I'm new. I've never tried any BPAL yet, but have been reading at the forum to get ideas of samples.

I'm a fan of Tramp and thanks to this thread, I've been able to come up with some samples I would like to try, Greed being one of them. But I would like some help with another Lush product called "Aromaco". Does anyone know of a BPAL that would be similar to it? thanks .

Tramp and Greed compliment each other - the Greed just carries on the Tramp experience all day!

Hi, I'm new. I've never tried any BPAL yet, but have been reading at the forum to get ideas of samples.

I'm a fan of Tramp and thanks to this thread, I've been able to come up with some samples I would like to try, Greed being one of them. But I would like some help with another Lush product called "Aromaco". Does anyone know of a BPAL that would be similar to it? thanks .

hmmm...i'm not sure. however, i think the scent of aromaco is mostly patchouli, so...does anyone else have any suggestions?

i don't know much about lush, so i don't have an exact match BUT bon vivant, on me, smells like what i think of as the generic lush smell (the smell of bath bombs and bubble bars). mmm-mm!

So funny you would say that. Bon Vivant, on ME, smells like the smell that comes out of my lingerie chest (which is actually my Lush chest) whenever I open it. I think it's mostly Fever/Hollywood with some other stuff thrown in to make it less icky (Hollywood is WAY too strong for me) and more interesting.

weirdly enough I've got on Old Madrid today and it's making my Lush American Cream scented hair smell even stronger.

Like a bowl of blackberries and strawberries squashed into vanilla ice cream, with rich cream poured over it - with the very odd addition of crushed-up Parma Violet sweeties on the top.

that sounds much stranger than it smells.

but it's heavenly I promise!

BPAL Velvet and Lush Gentle Lentil -- the perfect combo of scents that somehow manage to combine chocolate and vanilla!

It works even better for me because I use Gentle Lentil as a soap rather than a shampoo so I smell like it from head to toe.

BPAL Velvet and Lush Gentle Lentil -- the perfect combo of scents that somehow manage to combine chocolate and vanilla!

It works even better for me because I use Gentle Lentil as a soap rather than a shampoo so I smell like it from head to toe.

Oh! Using Gentle Lentil as a soap! I'd never have thought of this. Thanks for the tip. I have tons of Gentle lentil sitting around that I'm not using as shampoo anymore.

Okay, here are some LUSH/BPAL combo rec's:

*Potion with:

-Alice (these match each other eerily well)

-Maiden (this brings out the carnation/floral side of Potion)

*Hot Toddy with:

-Old Port-au-Prince

-Hellfire (the NEW version)

-Hellcat

*Sympathy for the Skin with:

-O (love this combo!) - use some Afterlife moisturizer with this for the full effect!

-Snake Oil

-Bliss (chocolate-y/vanilla sundae :P )