Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Baobhan Sith is *AMAZING* with a little Figs n' Leaves on your skin. Yum.

:P

Also, after taking a bath with Skinny Dip, epsom salts and coconut oil, I doused myself with Wings of Azrael. It was like sleeping on a gigantic furry violet. Delightful!

I've been going crazy trying to find a similar BPAL smell to Fairy Jasmine bath ballistic, and after ordering most of the Jasmine smells via imp, Dana O'Shee comes the closest to it!

I couldnt believe it.

This might sound weird, but I think that Old Morocco and Potion would go well together. Mind you, they don't smell alike, I just think they would smell good layered together, though I have yet to try this!

i want to get an oil for a friend who is obsessed with lush's honey i washed the kids soap. he's allergic to peanuts and chocolate, so i can't have anything with those things in it.

any recommendations?

When I think of HIWTK, I immediately think of either O or Dana O'Shee... if you think they might be a bit too feminine for your friend, what about the single note of honey?

I would love this too!! I haven't smelt O yet, but I was thinking of that one too. HIWTK though, has some gardenia in it I think and caramel/toffee to my nose. I wonder what would happen if you mixed a big helping of O to a touch of Gluttony (since it's got caramel and toffee in it) and a tiny touch of the single note Gardenia? I think I'll add these to my next order and find out!!! :D

Edited because oop, Gluttony has chocolate and nuts in it, not sure if it really is extracts of these? :P

Edited by ViolentKitten

he can't even stand the smell of chocolate or nuts, since if he eats them he, you know, dies. hehe...

i'm going to have to toss on some o after my shower today and see how that goes.

I'm also obsessed with HIWTK soap, and I ordered a bunch of the suggested oils - O, Dana O'Shee and the Honey single note- and none of them MATCHED HIWTK, although they did compliment it. O is much sexier than HIWTK, and Dana O'Shee is.."cleaner" with more of an almost almond quality on me. The Honey single note is really rich, but with none of the toffee note that makes HIWTK so sweet,....

I also ordered DSH's Lush Honey, which is suppossed to be a dupe. However, it has a boozey winey note that I don't dig, There's absolutely nothing caramelly about the dupe at all. I might have even thrown it away in one of my "must get rid of anything I don't love" frenzies. However, if I didn't throw it away, so you want the Lush Honey?

Edited to add that I DID throw it away in my cleaning frenzy - :P sorry!

Edited by pinky

i've been wearing o and i think it'll be perfect. i think i'm going to order an imp's ear of it for him. i hope he likes it.

I'm also obsessed with this soap, and indeed with anything that smells like honey. I snatched one of the little first-class cosmetic kits out of the first class cabin as I filed through it this morning on my way off a plane, because Delta is a partner with L'Occitane en Provence and I was hoping they'd have a sample of their Honey Water in there. Alas, no sample.

Maybe O + just a touch of single note vanilla or tonka or something could give that caramelly note for those who seek it? I've never smelled gardenia in HIWTK but I love the sweetness!

BeckyI think Akuma smells quite similar to Rock Star. Its like sweets or candies (depending on what side of the duck pond your on :P )

Koumori, I love Icon. I haven't found a scent like it yet, not even the one Auntie P recommended as a good replacement (though nice enough in its own right.)

However I'm lucky enough to have most of the Icon range tucked away for special days...so I'm not panicking...yet...

what perfume did auntie P suggest for icon?

i'd like to know if there are any BPAL scents similar to alkmaar or silky underwear.

thanks!

Rhiannon, it was L'Artisan Parfumeur's Mur et Musc that Auntie P recommended. It's a pleasant enough, light scent, of blackberries, that's nice in summer - but is nothing like that rich, deep Icony niceness. Imagine Icon but without any of the base notes...it's sweet, purply and a bit powdery.

Has anyone come across a scent that's anything like Flower Market? I love that heady floral, powdery thing. :P

I've got two new ones:

Maiden + Lush Fox in the Flowers--smells like dandelions, Midsummer and a beautiful afternoon spent in a field surrounded by flowers. I imagine Rosalind would also be lovely with FitF.

The Hesperides + Lush Honey I Washed the Kids + Lush Ma Bar-- they all have that lovely caramel/honey/apple/vanilla/fresh smell. Utterly delicious and golden.

No one specifically asked for this, but I got a sample of Old Amsterdam thrown in my order and the first thing I thought was Fox in the Flowers, which seems to be love or hate on the LUSH forum. I, personally like it and think it's spot on, though not as headache inducing as Fox in the Flowers. It may also satisfy those Gavarnie/Jungle people (though it's been awhile since I had Jungle, and it's not as deep as Gavarnie, though if you layer Old Amsterdam with just a touch of the single note frankincense, you'll come pretty darn close).

The don't smell *alike* but Imp and Amazonian complement each other eerily well. I wore both today, and I could have devoured myself.

A page back, Friendthegirl mused that Old Morocco and Potion would smell good together--she's right! Incense-y carnations, mmm mmm good. This is my favorite Lush/BPAL combo at this point, with HIWTK and O close behind.

Add me to the list of people looking for Gavarnie/Flowertub/Jungle smell-a-likes. I ordered Rosalind and Water of Notre Dame in my last imps order, as they both seem to have that grassy element to them...here's hoping!

I just received an imp of Three Witches and when I opened it, my first reaction was "Oh! It's like Wiccy Magic Muscles!".

Now I know that not everyone enjoys the smell of Wiccy, but to me it is pure spicy cinnamony goodness, so I am extremely pleased to find an oil with a similar scent.

I have not worn Three Witches yet, I will let you know if it still smells Wiccy-like on my skin (fingers crossed!)

Aries and Hot Toddy bubble bars!!! Oh my, SOOOOOOOOOOO delicious together. This wonderful ineffable spicy warm combination. The only problem is I can't stop sniffing myself and, well, that's just kinda inappropriate in public!!!!!

Argh! I've been Buffy-ing the last couple of days, as my skin has been ridiculously dry, but it's sucking up my BPALs and taking them over.

Tamora disappeared in three hours, Queen of Hearts went even faster, and <gets goosebumps over the horror of this one> ... OLD MOROCCO TURNED INTO A BALE OF HAY! :P

I do give Old Morocco credit for making it half a day, in spite of smelling distinctly like last season's hay, stacked in a barn that had the doors closed in 100* weather.

I am dismayed and appalled that Buffy can do this to my scents, but need the wax-like moisturizing power too much to stop using it. Any suggestions for something that works WITH Buffy, not something EATEN by Buffy? You guys LUSH it up more than I do, so I'd be grateful for compatible scents.

JJ_j You might want to try a massage bar as a moisturizer than Buffy. Some of them have a strong scent, but maybe trying Therapy bar? Or you can try King of Skin which also a wonderful body moisture bar (leaves a soft sandalwood scent - the old version anyway). These don't scrub like Buffy, but it's an option.

High John and Jungle!

not the fresh High John but the High John left on clothes. I was wearing a jacket today wich i had worn slathering High John. While walking I caught a scent comming from the jacket and I was like Hmmmmmm, yummy Jungle. But then, I didn't use Jungle for a long long time and it couldn't get on the jacket?? When I smelled the Jacket closer it was the High John :P

ETA yet another one: Envy and Freeze showergel, not so similar but a perfect match on a hot summerevening

Edited by quinkel

I just tried Rakshasa for the first time this week, and it reminded me a lot of Amandopondo. Which kind of surprised me, because the only similar ingredient as far as I could tell was roses.

And, for all you Old Morocco fans out there...I've always thought that Old Morocco smells exactly like Sympathy for the Skin!!