Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

i would highly recommend that if any of you are looking for specific similarities, that you search in this thread for the item. i don't think folks are going to keep answering the same questions.

Neither Chelsea Garden nor Gratuitous Violets has been mentioned.

i know. those are newer products. i was actually referring to the folks who have been mentioned after you.

what sort of violets are in GV (sweet, powdery, musty)? numb is fabulously bright and powdery violets on me. i haven't really found a good sweet violet scent (like daddyo) from bpal yet.

what sort of violets are in GV (sweet, powdery, musty)?

My nose isn't developed enough to tell! But Chelsea Garden and GV have the same scent, if that can be of any help.

Chelsea garden's description and list of ingredients doesn't even mention violets. Maybe my nose is funky.

I can't help, really. :P

Okay, I HAVE to ask. What will go well with Snow Fairy?

I'm absolutely addicted to this new shower gel!

Ultraviolet is the most close to Gratitious soap to my nose, and it has a bit in common with Nocture but none at all with Numb, I did't even get violets from Numb.

Hey. This may have been asked earlier in the thread, but I have to get to work in about ten minutes and was hoping to order my first set of imps this evening. Does anyone know what BPAL scent works well with Lush's Ginger Soap? I've been trawling through the scents looking for ones with Ginger, Jasmine and Lavendar in and have so far come up with: Siren, White Rabbit and, I think it was Twillight or something. I'm going to get six imps and so far my list is: Jezebel, Morroco, Scherezade and Siren. As I can never sleep I was wondering about Dream Formula V: Somnus or just a REALLY lavendar-y one. Sorry if this is supposed to go in recomendations or something, but my main aim is to find something that works with the Ginger Soap like I mentioned.

Woah. Sorry for the long thread! Thank you for any help you can give.

Kat xXxXx

Edited by minimal23

If this question has already been answered in this thread, just point me in the right direction :P

I'm absolutely in love with the smell of "Honey I Washed The Kids". That honey, vanilla smell.

What BPAL matches that? Hellcat was too boozy on me and Dorian turned to sour milk :D

Can anyone suggest anything?

No BPAL I've tried smells like HIWTK, I'm sad to say. On me, the honey single note and O are closest (but O has amber, too). A lot of people recommend Gluttony, which is toffee-ish, like HIWTK, but it was more buttery on me. Maybe it would work on you?

Let me know if you find something that smells like HIWTK!

Let me know if you find something that smells like HIWTK!

Ditto!

I've been hoping for a HIWTK similar bpal too. But haven't found any so far. Like Sheila, gluttony was too buttery on me. Hellcat was better for me, but still not like HIWTK.

Anyone think Dana O'Shee has any HIWTK similarity (I haven't tried it yet)? I'm wondering if that'll be the closest one i can find....

Dana O'Shee has been likened to Snowcake, although tbh I find that it is Sweet Almond SN that smells like Snowcake...

I work seasonal at Lush, but I'm a total BPAL newbie. So, I wanted to ask your advice.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but ... what do you guys recommend for something similar to B Never's Two Hearts?

I am perfectly content with wearing Sympathy for the Skin all on it's own, but I'd love to pair it with BPAL. I'm looking for a scent that is either a close match, or at least supportive of the Sympathy smell. (And yeah, I've read this thread through and although this question was asked once early on, there really wasn't any follow-up answer to it). Sympathy has become a serious addiction for me and currently I will forswear BPAL on the days I'm wearing it. But obviously that is no good for the long term.

So help me, BPAL forumites! You are my only hope.

I just got Lush's solid conditioner, Jungle, for a christmas gift (thank you niter!!!). I'm in love with the scent!

Has anyone run across a bpal that smells similar to this? I saw that someone has asked this before, but its been a while, and I thought we needed a round two....

Its fruity but also woodsy on my hair. I was thinking of something along the lines of hanging gardens, but maybe a little less fruity? I wonder if I could blend hanging gardens with something to get an even better approximation of Jungle...

Any suggestions? (for blending with hanging gardens, or for other bpal blends that are similar to jungle?)

jewelbug - I think I'm the one who asked before... Unfortunately, I haven't found any bpal that smells even vaguely like Jungle... :P

jewelbug - I think I'm the one who asked before... Unfortunately, I haven't found any bpal that smells even vaguely like Jungle... :P

Yeah, if you ask me, there's a decided lack of the jungle smell on lush, too. Last I heard they discontinued the only other two things on LUSH that smelled the same. Pity, cuz I discovered Jungle (and lush, for that matter) after they'd already culled the herd.

Ah well, I will keep looking. I think maybe hanging gardens layered with something strong in the cypress or sandalwood department might be the closest I will get. I'll let you know if I find anything that works!

Today I put on Corazon and it smells a lot like Garvarnie. I don't know why, because I can't see the similar ingredients, and it may be not of use since it's a discontinued scent, but it a lot alike to me/ on my skin.

I really like Dana O'Shee with Honey I Washed the Kids soap---they don't smell alike, but they smell good together---but the soap really dries out my skin. I adore the B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful showergel from Lush---my husband shelled out $17 for the smallest bottle on Ebay for my Christmas stocking so you know he must really like me---and it did wonders to reverse my dry skin and smelled fantastic with Dana O'Shee as well. I did a search for B Never Too Busy, etc., and I found a website for a completely different company in the UK---does anyone know anything about it and if it smells anything like the sweet and honeyed lovelies of BPAL and Lush?

I haven't tried mixing Tramp (soon to be nonexistent, woe is me!) with anything else yet, but I'm open to suggestions. I'd really like to find something that compliments the patchouli, but doesn't make it stronger. I usually wear it with Karma because the sweetest of the orange tones it down a bit, and while I'm talking about Karma, I'd love someone to suggest any BPAL scents that are remotely close to Karma--no matter if they lean more towards the orange or more towards the patchouli, although a similar scent with almost no patchouli is really what I'm looking for so I can enjoy the uplift of Karma without giving my mom a sinus headache when I wear it.

I also found I like Hetairae or Anubis with Chai (also soon to meet its end, stock up while you can!), not alike but complimentary. I thought that Flying Fox worked well with Beatrice, but Lush also makes a Flying Fox temple balm that has fantastic staying power on me. Unfortunately, Flying Fox tends to go all honeysuckle on me!

oh guys, - i love jungle too! it's one of the best smells ever.

check it out - i think i found a bpal combo similar to jungle!

House of Night - it has the green, grassy, leaf/plant thing

mixed with:

Manila: banana and tropical stuff.

it's not exactly the same...but it's similar, and it's really nice! try it!!!! i'd love to know what you jungle-lovers think.

Can anyone suggest anything that smells like the bath melt Something Wicked This Way Comes? Flying Fox is a bit strong on the jasmine for me so I like the lighter, rounded version of Wicked...

I'm not sure if I'm crazy or not - but I think Blood Moon smells exactly like Snowcake. Actually, it smells exactkt like Snowcake with just a tiny hit of Snake Oil. Which is freakin' awesome.