Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I saw a brief discussion of Plantational many pages back, but no one said if there was a bpal scent similar to it. I love the earthy, overripe citrus, spicey smell of Plantational, and I keep it around just for sniffs (liquid shampoo).

Anyone find Plantational's bpal doppelganger? :P I hope ihopeihopeihope...

Has anyone come across a nice compliment for Jungle?

(And is there a Villainess/BPAL scent similarities thread somewhere? I neeeeeed Spun Sugar in bottle-format so I can slather. Sorry if I'm being redundant.)  :D

I think that Eden would be lovely with Jungle. They don't necessarily smell alike, but they both have that exotic green/spicy-and-something-else scent to them. :P

(As for Spun Sugar... Midway is the only thing that I've come across... and I, too, would kill for a Spun Sugar perfume, lol)

I find Centzon Totochtin very close to 13 Rabbit (chocolate and spices) and Vice very lovely to layer over 13 Rabbit

Three similarities I've noticed:

Sin is very much like LUSH Karma

Anubis (not so much O, on me at least) is similar to Honey I Washed the Kids soap

Nocnitsa is similar to Tramp shower gel

To me, the drydown of Mata Hari, when the coffee scent fades away, is similar to Alkmaar/ Silky Underwear. Maybe it's my body chemistry?

Well I'm several months late, but I had the exact same reaction.

I know this has probably been asked a million times before but I can't see it...does Snake Oil resemble the smell of Lush's Snake Oil massage bar in any way?

I know this has probably been asked a million times before but I can't see it...does Snake Oil resemble the smell of Lush's Snake Oil massage bar in any way?

ick! no!!!

Lush's Snake oil is a dandruff remedy and frankly smells medicinal. In fact on me, it bizarelly smells of medicinal sausages :P

BPAL Snake Oil smells of patchouli/musk plus lots of VANILLA. It smells a bit strange fresh but gets stronger and more hypnotically sweet if you age it for a few months...

After searching through this thread:

BPAL Oils That Smell Like Karma:

Masquerade

Vixen

Obeah

Old Madrid

Sin

Am I missing any? Does everyone agree with these? Which of these smells closest to the soap of Karma (love of my life), for those who have tried them?

I think Masquerade is your best bet. Maybe Vixen.

Obeah smells much more like Amazonian, to me. I don't think Old Madrid or Sin are really anything like Karma.

You might try Ravenous, too! Ravenous & Masquerade would be my recommendations. :P

Hi, I was wondering if there are any BPAL that smell similar to 1000 kisses deep or 2 hearts. I sniffed recently and hmmmmmm yum, but I would prefer to buy BPAL.

I dunno, but I do know that The Caterpillar smells, to me, EXACTLY like walking into a BNever store. It's got hints of many of the BNever scents in it.

Not that I can think of but the drydown of Caterpillar reminds me of Smargadine-or Tramp if you prefer but it's more Smargadine on me. There's wafts of Love and Ladyboy and Dear John (or is it Dirty?) and Om too. But that's my skin being weird in a nice way. To me, Caterpillar is Covent Garden as a whole really! :P

Has anyone come across a nice compliment for Jungle?

(And is there a Villainess/BPAL scent similarities thread somewhere? I neeeeeed Spun Sugar in bottle-format so I can slather. Sorry if I'm being redundant.) :P

Maybe Rosalind? It has a light floral scent, so it would smell lovely together.

I recently got a sample of Rock Star soap in a swap, and I think it smells a LOT like Kunstkammer, but without the orange. It has the same creamy candyish smell.

Is there anything like Olive Branch or Karma?

I actually just had a discussion about karma earlier on this page. I had a list someone responded to, it was helpful

Is there anything like my beloved Chelsea Garden?

ETA: And my new instant fave: Gratuitous violets?

Edited by Merlu

i would highly recommend that if any of you are looking for specific similarities, that you search in this thread for the item. i don't think folks are going to keep answering the same questions.