Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

For Devil's Nightcap, give Kinoko a try. It's sweeter but the minute I put it on I thought "oh, this is Devil's Nightcap! But better!"

I have a sample of that one!

I'll have to re-test it now that it's had time to settle and see if it has the components I like from DNC

I just bought Jareth, and at first I thought "oh my God, it's Twilight!" But when I compare it to my Sleepy lotion from Lush (which I believe is supposed to be Twilight but lotion form?) Jareth is slightly more fresh and linen-y. The sweetness of twilight is still there, but, yeah, it's just ever so slightly more fresh instead of that warmth you get from Twilight. I still like it though! Maybe since it's fresher, it won't make me sleepy when I wear it during the day lol.

I came here to ask about two, and one of them (Jungle) had some responses throughout this thread already, but does anyone have suggestions for something that smells like Lush's Sleepy soap? 

I had never tried their products until I got those two this Christmas and I love them. I've been on a lavender kick lately and I know BPAL has a number of lavender blends, but I struggle breaking down the particulars of a smell based on descriptions. Any help?

Edit to add: I just realized twilight is = to sleepy so the comment two up has one solution! Any others?

Update: Frostbitten TKO is a perfect fit for Sleepy/Twilight! Love it!!

Edited by deadlyves

I'm not sure if it counts to use a BPTP bath oil comparison, but I've found that Gently Gently goes really well with Potion because carnation!!!

I'd still like to find ANYTHING that would blend well in bath layers with Shub ... I was once a Lush addict and while I've gone pretty much no-buy for now because money/storage space/trying to use up most of what I have before we move to an apartment about the quarter of our current house (read: minimal storage space) I do still have a TON of it (especially bath bombs as well as bubble bars which I smooshed into what I call "bubble rubble" which makes a single bar last for about 4-5 baths). 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, Widomaker said:

I am looking for a “something wicked this way comes” dupe. Any recommendations? :)

I’d be keen on that one!!

Meanwhile I’m wondering about a match with Prince Charming - “LUSH'S best morning citrus shower gel scents. Exotic woodsy Vanilla, pomegranate, geranium, & sandalwood scent.“

So a friend of mine is currently lamenting her long lost LUSH, "The Smell of Freedom". Anyone know of any similar scents from BPAL?

Notes: lemongrass, neroli, jasmine, ginger, fire wood, clove, black pepper, sandalwood, oud, and orris root.

4 hours ago, itchypixie said:

So a friend of mine is currently lamenting her long lost LUSH, "The Smell of Freedom". Anyone know of any similar scents from BPAL?

Notes: lemongrass, neroli, jasmine, ginger, fire wood, clove, black pepper, sandalwood, oud, and orris root.

l’ve tried to find something similar also. Lush UK made a new batch of The Smell of Freedom and have it for sale right now.

Is there anything similar to Lush’s Avocado co-wash?

I’m guessing lime, rosemary, lavender, and nettle?

So, I just started using Minamisoma (https://www.lushusa.com/shower/body-butters-conditioners/minamisoma/9999908130.html), and to me it smells a LOT like Delight & Consternation (https://www.bpal.org/topic/79821-delight-and-consternation/), at least if one got a bottle either with less chocolate globules, or if one didn't roll the bottle much before applying so didn't get much chocolate. I ended up re-homing my Delight & Consternation because the drydown wasn't the best with my skin chemistry, but it's nice to smell something else that's close to how it was upon initial application. :)

On 6/3/2021 at 12:53 AM, torikitty said:

Is there anything similar to Lush’s Avocado co-wash?

I’m guessing lime, rosemary, lavender, and nettle?

I recall this scent as a creamy sweet citrus dessert, and it was popular enough they made it into a body spray. Bergamot and litsea cubeba are listed as some of the essential oils adding citrusy vibe to the underlying perfume blend. https://www.lushusa.com/fragrances/body-sprays/avocado-co-wash/09212.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs-DJ2ezi8wIVDuTICh38QAEPEAQYAiABEgIEdvD_BwE

Not the same, but I get very sweet citrus (plus patchouli) from Silkybat (not everyone does, but may be worth sampling).

On 3/28/2020 at 9:56 AM, JazzieCazzie said:

I'm not sure if it counts to use a BPTP bath oil comparison, but I've found that Gently Gently goes really well with Potion because carnation!!!

I'd still like to find ANYTHING that would blend well in bath layers with Shub ... I was once a Lush addict and while I've gone pretty much no-buy for now because money/storage space/trying to use up most of what I have before we move to an apartment about the quarter of our current house (read: minimal storage space) I do still have a TON of it (especially bath bombs as well as bubble bars which I smooshed into what I call "bubble rubble" which makes a single bar last for about 4-5 baths). 

Shub would mix well with Yog Nog.

To be fair, I've never tried it, but On the Death of His Mistress has notes that reminds me of The Comforter by LUSH. 

Plum musk, ambergris accord, matcha tea, oakmoss, patchouli, violet leaf, and cypress. 

can anyone confirm or deny?

Edited by Madonna Lily

Hey I just got a bottle of the Sticky Dates shower gel and I am kind of obsessed with the scent. Does anyone know of any perfumes that are similar? I know there's a discontinued/ unavailable body spray but it would cost like $200 secondhand and I'm not interested.

Anyone have any recs that smell like LUSH's Grass shower gel? My bestie let me smell it and I haven't stopped thinking about it since 🫠