Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Nyx smells like Fever, 100% to me.

I've been DYING for something that smelled like Fever massage bar ever since it was discontinued. Lush disappointed me a BUNCH. It had this beautiful combination of Jasmine, Sandalwood, and Rose. It was supposed to be reminiscent of old Hollywood Lipstick I think? It wasn't like Lust by Lush which is so much Jasmine that I couldn't stand it. It was a delicate balance that was amazing.

It smelled like heaven to me.

So one of my friends sent me an imp of Nyx and I put it on, and this, my friends, is as close to Fever as I've found in the years since it's Discontinuation. It's gorgeous! I want a full sized bottle of it.

Late to this thread, and it's possibly already been answered, but does anybody know of anything similar to 'Orange Blossom'? It was my first, and most favourite Lush perfume and I've always missed out on bottles on eBay. Would LOVE a bPal alternative. It was so light, and refreshing, yet deep and delicious. I loved it!

Nasty Woman on my skin is Lord of Misrule on point. It's delicious, I really love this one.

When Villain dries on me, it smells like Ocean Salt face scrub, my fave :tongue:

I have just ordered Villain, I will be really interested to see if this runs true for me too :cool:

I realized tonight when dabbing on some Fog Machine Juice SN that (to my nose, anyway), its remarkably similar to Lily Savon!

Has anybody found anything similar to blackberry bath bomb? Notes are; Blackcurrant, frankincense and bergamot.

I'm wearing Eostre of the Dawn for the first time, and the drydown is very similar to the Silky Underwear, Alkmaar, Fairy Jasmine, All That Jas scent family. The creaminess with the jasmine/honeysuckle combo is gorgeous.

My aged AF Euphrosyne smells JUST like Lush's discontinued Aromacreme deodorant. Soooo Good. Gardenias. <3

Ex-Lush employee here and I wanted to say to my nose TKO is 100% better than Lush Twilight. And I picked up a bottle because Twilight is one of my favorite lush scents!

I'm looking for something similar to Lush's Lord of Misrule; I can't get over how much I love this scent. Someone posted about it a few pages ago but there were no suggestions. The main notes in LoM are black pepper, patchouli, vanilla absolute and gardenia. I'm very new to BPAL so I'm still poking around. I did find the directory and looked up patchouli scents then searched for pepper among them. There were three possibilities (and three others that are unavailable).

- Rumpelstilzchen (I intend to purchase an imp of this) Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh.

- Avenger Plush vanilla bourbon and rum accord with pink pepper, patchouli, clove, pikaki, golden amber, caraway, tuberose, and jacarandá-da-bahia

- Emma Vanilla bourbon, tea rose, jasmine, pink pepper, and patchouli

The second two might be the better options, but I wanted to check around first since I can't buy an imp of these scents. Has anyone had any experience with LoM and the other three? Or have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Just tried Avenger since I bought it a while ago, before even knowing about LoM. I can definitely see the comparison. The pepper and patchouli are present, but the clove, pikaki, and amber bring a sweetness you don't get from LoM. If you wanted a more feminine version of LoM, this would be it. For me, the tuberose gets amped just enough that I get it screeching over the rest of the lovely scents. Just a tad too floral for me.

I'm looking for something similar to Lush's Lord of Misrule; I can't get over how much I love this scent. Someone posted about it a few pages ago but there were no suggestions. The main notes in LoM are black pepper, patchouli, vanilla absolute and gardenia. I'm very new to BPAL so I'm still poking around. I did find the directory and looked up patchouli scents then searched for pepper among them. There were three possibilities (and three others that are unavailable).

- Rumpelstilzchen (I intend to purchase an imp of this) Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh.

- Avenger Plush vanilla bourbon and rum accord with pink pepper, patchouli, clove, pikaki, golden amber, caraway, tuberose, and jacarandá-da-bahia

- Emma Vanilla bourbon, tea rose, jasmine, pink pepper, and patchouli

The second two might be the better options, but I wanted to check around first since I can't buy an imp of these scents. Has anyone had any experience with LoM and the other three? Or have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Just tried Avenger since I bought it a while ago, before even knowing about LoM. I can definitely see the comparison. The pepper and patchouli are present, but the clove, pikaki, and amber bring a sweetness you don't get from LoM. If you wanted a more feminine version of LoM, this would be it. For me, the tuberose gets amped just enough that I get it screeching over the rest of the lovely scents. Just a tad too floral for me.

Fortuna Conservatrix from Hymn to Fortuna really reminds me of LoM! The notes are: black peppercorn, bitter almond, patchouli, and benzoin. It's LE, but just testing it today, it matches the shower gel.

Fortuna Conservatrix from Hymn to Fortuna really reminds me of LoM! The notes are: black peppercorn, bitter almond, patchouli, and benzoin. It's LE, but just testing it today, it matches the shower gel.

I wouldn't agree. The spiciness of the black pepper stands out way more than the patchouli. It's definitely got a drier edge to it, whereas LoM has a sweeter patchouli side with a hint of green.

I wouldn't agree. The spiciness of the black pepper stands out way more than the patchouli. It's definitely got a drier edge to it, whereas LoM has a sweeter patchouli side with a hint of green.

LoM's vanilla does sweeten everything up quite a bit, but I think Conservatrix is still a decent comparison--my shower cream is older though and my sister is the one using it, so I end up smelling whatever lingers in the bathroom, which is far more black pepper to me than patch. The throws seem to be different since LoM has some crazy sillage, but that might just be because I didn't put all that much of the oil on! The benzoin acts like vanilla would, though it is definitely milder.

Also, I never knew that LoM was supposed to have gardenia! I'm glad I never smell it because otherwise I never would have bought it. Heavy floral notes give me headaches.

In the ongoing struggle to find a Lord of Misrule bpal comparison:

So, I gave Sin + Avenger a shot. It's not far off. It's just a tad bitter, and more floral than green from LoM. I'd say it's a decent comparison if you put Avenger first, and Sin on top. It's still missing a bit of the sweetness, I might play around with this a bit more.

Edited by Carrie

Not to derail the LoM hunt, but this month gave me a new scent desire so strong it got me to actually make an account here in vague hopes that I can find something similar: this year's Kiss Me Quick washcard. The site lists tonka, mimosa, and clove as the main scents (and the USA site adds that it makes you smell like 'mulled spices'), but I'm incredibly new to the world of perfumes and know very little about them--all I know is that this card smells wonderfully fruity and spicy. Would love some suggestions for imps to toss in my cart for my first proper BPAL order!

Most florals do not agree with my head, so minimal floral components (other than the mimosa I guess) would be preferred.

Not to derail the LoM hunt, but this month gave me a new scent desire so strong it got me to actually make an account here in vague hopes that I can find something similar: this year's Kiss Me Quick washcard. The site lists tonka, mimosa, and clove as the main scents (and the USA site adds that it makes you smell like 'mulled spices'), but I'm incredibly new to the world of perfumes and know very little about them--all I know is that this card smells wonderfully fruity and spicy. Would love some suggestions for imps to toss in my cart for my first proper BPAL order!

Most florals do not agree with my head, so minimal floral components (other than the mimosa I guess) would be preferred.

Not floral, not fruity (and I'm not familiar with the washcard in question), but Plunder is a whole boatful of mulling spices: "The scent of a pirates bumboat, overflowing with stolen wares: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg." Plunder came unbidden in my first order, and it was churchdoor's autumn companion whilst sipping hot apple cider on the patio and going mad from pirate bugs.

One I haven't tried, yet, is Jack, which would bring in some fruit: "The scent of warm, glowing jack olanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove." Reviews tend to mention a distinct buttery component in Jack, as well.

Not floral, not fruity (and I'm not familiar with the washcard in question), but Plunder is a whole boatful of mulling spices: "The scent of a pirates bumboat, overflowing with stolen wares: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg." Plunder came unbidden in my first order, and it was churchdoor's autumn companion whilst sipping hot apple cider on the patio and going mad from pirate bugs.

One I haven't tried, yet, is Jack, which would bring in some fruit: "The scent of warm, glowing jack olanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove." Reviews tend to mention a distinct buttery component in Jack, as well.

I just gave Jack a try and it's almost a perfect match on its own! A little less sweet and a little more buttery than the washcard, and needs a bit of spice backup (I'm testing it with a smidge of Al-Shairan first, I'll try it with Plunder tomorrow). Excellent guesswork!

(update: Jack and Plunder go really nicely together, even though it's still not a match for the washcard)

Edited by Juliamon

Breath of God fans......I'm wearing An Encounter of Three today, from the current Lupercalia scents, and it does remind me of Breath of God, not exactly like it but definitely in the same family.

It could be just me, but Shub Niggurath on the drydown smells very much like Dear John but without the tobacco/vetivert that can make it a bit too smoky.

Anyone know a BPAL similar to either:

Ladyboy: Banana, seaweed, violet, chamomile, labdanum, oakmoss

or

Devil's Nightcap: oakmoss and oak wood, with orange flower, clary sage and ylang-ylang adding floral and green notes

For Devil's Nightcap, give Kinoko a try. It's sweeter but the minute I put it on I thought "oh, this is Devil's Nightcap! But better!"