Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything through search! I would love to find something that's like Calacas, I ran out of that perfume a while ago, but still miss the smell! It's very sweet and contains sweet Orange, Lime, Neroli, Olibanum, of which I think the Lime and Neroli stand out from the other notes. I was pretty devastated when it ran out, I would love to have a dupe to wear :wub3:

I came here looking for a similar Bpal to Red Rice soap, though I know for damn sure I'll be about the only one looking for that, since it was discontinued in about 2002! It has great memories for me and I wish I could find something like it. The original Karma would be great too, but if Lush don't make it the same way they did, I doubt anyone else will.

I've taken on some of the Potion (and rose jam) suggestions, since it's my favourite fragrance of theirs and having to wait for the kitchen to produce the lotion is a nightmare. I ran out of the liquid & solid perfume ages ago.

Edited by DazyG

Does anyone know of something similar to the Rough With The Smooth scrub bar? Patchouli, black peppercorn and vanilla are the main notes, I love the scent but it does seem sugary because... well, sugar.

I've been casually looking for a BPAL/BPTP oil that smells similar to Lush's halloween exclusive Nightwing shower jelly. It's a very yummy lime that isn't too tart, but isn't too sweet either. I believe the label says lime and aloe.

Maybe give the new Key Lime Pie from the Trading Post a shot? Reading the reviews it sounds like it's a good tart/sweet mix.

I have scoured this forum for comparisons to the departed Tramp. I have spent COPIOUS amounts of money and tried to even have the scent recreated on Etsy - all in vain. So far I have narrowed down these as being potential Tramp dupes based on previous posts on this forum:

Dance Of Death

Scarecrow

Belladonna

Greed

I realize once they are on my body, they will transform... so.... just IN THE BOTTLE - what do you guys think smells most like the beloved, the revered, the sacred scent of Tramp. I love it so much I can't even function.

I have bought patchouli and oak moss combo oil - nope

I have bought weird combinations of patchouli and oakmoss with other things... nope....nada

I could just buy all 4 samples of the above but I'd like to know opinions first. I really really would appreciate input here.

Thank you!

IMO, it would be safe to loose Dance of Death. Have you tried Zombi or any of the other dirt oils?

I found Bpal and this site by accident while doing a google search for, "Smells like Tramp".... so I've never bought any Bpal products. That's interesting you say that about Dance of Death because that was the google result that landed me here. Many others say it smells like. But you don't think so? I'll look up Zombi now...

Thanks for you input!!!

The real Tramp perfume is still for sale in Lush Kitchen!

EDIT: oops! Replied to a one year old post, sorry!

Edited by Nemi25

Just put on some BPAL Voodoo and had that "why does this smell familiar" moment, and on my skin (which can do weird things to bpal oils, so YMMV) it reminds me a lot of Lord of Misrule, for anyone still looking...

Does anyone know of something similar to the Rough With The Smooth scrub bar? Patchouli, black peppercorn and vanilla are the main notes, I love the scent but it does seem sugary because... well, sugar.

Consider The Great Sword of War. It's not the exactly the same, but quite compatible.

For anyone still looking for a similar smell to The Soft Touch, I accidentally created it - to my absolute joy!

I'd had Snake Oil on for around five hours and then splashed on a few drops of Southern Cloudywing. About an hour later the combination was a pretty much exact replica of Soft Touch. I couldn't believe it as Soft Touch was my favourite Lush scent!

I'm thinking that any vanilla based scent would work with Southern Cloudywing to create it.

I've also recently tried TKO body oil and on me it is a combination of Twilight ( a creamy version similar to the first release of the shower gel that had a creamy lavender colour) and Yellow Fun.

Just put on some BPAL Voodoo and had that "why does this smell familiar" moment, and on my skin (which can do weird things to bpal oils, so YMMV) it reminds me a lot of Lord of Misrule, for anyone still looking...

I got no LoM from Voodoo but the vetivert/almond/clove combo smells like a nightmare on me :( the only thing I've found is pretty much on the same family is the RR hairgloss, which is a lot less peppery and with the addition of hemp, but it still has the sweet+earthy, comforting thing going on :wub3:

I've just tried my imp of Hidden Pearls and it really reminds me of Lady Boy - a more fruity/ bubblegum version, but has that lovely banana tropical smell.

Love is a dead-on match of Rose Jam, for me. ;)

Adrastea reminds me a lot of Rose Jam (or rather, Lush's Rose Jam massage bar reminded me of Adrastea, which is why I now own one - Rose is an iffy note on me, but the milk and coconut in Adrastea turn the white rose in it into something comforting and delicious and the massage bar gives me a similar "yummy good kind of rose note" feeling.

anything thats similar to Lush's yummy mummy?

(or can tell me what the dominant smells are? I'm such a nose newbie)

According to Lush's website, Yummy Mummy is geranium oil, "Brazilian Orange oil," and tonka absolute, but is supposed to smell like strawberries. So I'd look for either something with a strawberry note or with tonka + citrus. The Small Harem (https://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/shop/limited-edition/lupercalia-2016/small-harem/) from this year's Lupers, has both strawberry and tonka, as well as bergamot, which is a citrus note, so it might smell similar (bearing in mind that I've never smelled either Yummy Mummy or The Small Harem).

Alert! Lush Kitchen UK just released a Lord of Misrule solid perfume!! You're welcome. :pat:

Relevance: for all of you having trouble locating a comparable bpal...

Edited by SophieCedar

Lush's Sea Spray hair mist is divine, like a fresh, tropical cocktail. I'd love to have a perfume that either smells like it or compliments it. Anyone have ideas? Lush describes the notes as orange flower, grapefruit, neroli and rosewood.

Lush's Sea Spray hair mist is divine, like a fresh, tropical cocktail. I'd love to have a perfume that either smells like it or compliments it. Anyone have ideas? Lush describes the notes as orange flower, grapefruit, neroli and rosewood.

Rosewood specifically? Libertine, maybe? Bergamot, orange flower, and neroli are definitely in the same "family" to me, but that one (and Croquet) may be too dark and not citrusy enough. Ho wood is also supposed to be somewhat similar to rosewood, if you're looking for that in particular.

Citrus blends I've had good luck with staying citrusy when both aged and worn so far have been Carnal and I think Xiuhtecuhtli? But sultry qualities really work for me. Zephyr and Gobo may be worth a look if you're more interested in the sweet and light qualities of citrus. Even something like Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat would probably layer quite well.

I've mostly tried to stick to GC or currently available BPAL blends, but I imagine some of the things in LEs or Discontinued may be worth a look. Atomic Luau Lounge may be a place to go? I'm not sure if it has changed over time, but the oceany/citrusy ones weren't too popular back in my day.

Rosewood specifically? Libertine, maybe? Bergamot, orange flower, and neroli are definitely in the same "family" to me, but that one (and Croquet) may be too dark and not citrusy enough. Ho wood is also supposed to be somewhat similar to rosewood, if you're looking for that in particular.

Citrus blends I've had good luck with staying citrusy when both aged and worn so far have been Carnal and I think Xiuhtecuhtli? But sultry qualities really work for me. Zephyr and Gobo may be worth a look if you're more interested in the sweet and light qualities of citrus. Even something like Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat would probably layer quite well.

I've mostly tried to stick to GC or currently available BPAL blends, but I imagine some of the things in LEs or Discontinued may be worth a look. Atomic Luau Lounge may be a place to go? I'm not sure if it has changed over time, but the oceany/citrusy ones weren't too popular back in my day.

Thank you! I will have to look at those!

Has anyone come across a BPAL that smells like The Experimenter bath bomb? Notes are Vanilla, Vetivert and Tonka.

Popping in to say that Voodoo has hints of Lord of Misrule to it. Notes are: "A deep, powerful, resonant blend of myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove." It's decidedly NOT LOM but the vanilla patch is pretty close and the spicy clove actually has a similar kick to the black pepper in LOM.

If anyone is looking for something that smells like the LUSH Coconut/Vetiver blend, Death Adder. It is spot on for me.

Think Trichomania, Coconut Deodorant powder, and I Should Coco.

(May be worth noting I'm using a 2008 vintage Death Adder.)

Edited by Arcy