Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I am still on a hunt for an Alkmaar like scent.  So far, what I've tried has been too jasmine-y and not enough cream.

What I'm looking for is a non-foody rich cream scent (Dana O'Shee was too sweet) , with florals second.  Is it out there?

Off to stalk the reviews....

Perhaps Snow White (which smelled of jasmine and cream, among other things) or Chaste Moon (a delicious cream and floral blend) would work for you?

They both have a subtle fruity note to them though, and you might not want that.

single note Sweet Almond = Snowcake soap

Envy = Demon in the Dark soap

anyone got a match for the Soft Touch??

I am still on a hunt for an Alkmaar like scent.  So far, what I've tried has been too jasmine-y and not enough cream.

Perhaps Snow White (which smelled of jasmine and cream, among other things) or Chaste Moon (a delicious cream and floral blend) would work for you?

They both have a subtle fruity note to them though, and you might not want that.

I have Chaste Moon, and that is lovely - but too sweet for the Alkmaar-ness that I'm hunting for. Snow White, perhaps I can snag an imp.

And now I'm dying for more Alkmaar soap. I'm out. :P

this is sad, but I loooove the smell of Lush's Crashcourse in Skincare bio-mask- avocado and lemons are on the ingredients list; but I can't find any BPAL with avocado matching...

I found something that tickled the same memories. Not an exact match by any means, but on me Machu Picchu has that same green, almost lime-like but soft fragrance...

Would Bliss (or Velvet, or Gluttony?) be most like Lush's "Sonic Death Monkey"?

Lily

you want something with a hint of orange in to be like SDM - not sure what that would be. bliss is more like cadbury's dairy milk, velvet is drier with the sandalwood & all I can remember about gluttony was that I had to get rid of it as quickly as possible...

maybe bliss layered with an orangey something would be good.

Moxi=Red Rooster soap, orange peel and clove

Also good with the Slammer/bfb shower gels

Oh and I forgot but

Dance of Death = Tramp, about 90% match

Edited by quinkel

I've fallen in love with the (newly discontinued :P) Cosmic Dreamcatcher massage bar. Does anyone know of any BPAL oils that smell similar to it?

I tried Lush's new showergel - The Olive Branch last night and it's very similar to Dorian, it's absolutley delicious! :P

I have cosmic dreamcatcher, its not discontinued in the UK and i hope they don't discontinue it either! I don't know what smells like it, sorry.

Nanshe smells just like Ibiza Party Shampoo...So after my bottles are gone I'll still beable to have that lovely lemon clove scent all the time. :P

Nanshe smells just like Ibiza Party Shampoo

oh dear...to me IPS smelt like perfumed vinegar :P I hope that's not what you mean, because I have Nanshe coming to me in a swap!

oh dear...to me IPS smelt like perfumed vinegar :P I hope that's not what you mean, because I have Nanshe coming to me in a swap!

No just the lemony goodness...no worry no vinigar in there:>

My favorite Lush soap is Ooh la la... the herbs and wininess added to the lavender... mmm.

Well it doesn't smell of lavender, but I think Bewitched goes amazingly well with Ooh la la due to the herbiness of it.

Another combo I like is You Snap The Whip, followed by Skin Sin and Lady Macbeth to top it all off. Seriously and mysteriously fruity!

I'm wallowing in a lovely combination that I've carried through after work all this week:

Shower with Middle Earth

then slather Tezcatlipoca

Yummy muddy earthy cocoa pathcouli cleanliness!

:P

My latest layering obsessions:

Honey I Washed the Kids with O

Trichomania, Jungle and Chango...it's like being in a tropical rainforest!

Slammer (I use it in my hair and on my body) and Kuang Shi. Citrusy goodness!

Spice Mountain and Inferno. MMMMMM, so warm and spicy!

Hello, Batgirl (see my fairy wings, LOL).

I think that Malediction is almost Cosmic Dreamcatcher (which I love, by the way).

And Pink Moon is MMM on my skin. Isn't it odd?

I just had to delurk to share this one with people who'd get it: I just got my Honey Moon today, and it's every thing I love about Flying Fox. The honey and jasmine scents? They play very nicely with my skin. Oh god, I'm in love! I don't think I've ever looked forward to my morning shower quite so much... :P

As has already been mentioned, Dance of Death is soooooo close to Tramp.

This weekend I'm planning to shower up good with Tramp and then slather myself in Dance of Death for the ultimate in green patchouli goodness.

Does anyone know of a scent that is comparable to the lovely, lovely Glitterbug? Some days I just don't want the glitter, but that smell of rose, neroli, and vanilla is absolutely gorgeous!

Has anyone come across a nice compliment for Jungle?

(And is there a Villainess/BPAL scent similarities thread somewhere? I neeeeeed Spun Sugar in bottle-format so I can slather. Sorry if I'm being redundant.) :P