Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I'm not sure if it's been asked before but is there a BPAL that smells like Lust from Lush? My friend really loves that scent so I'd like to get her the Bpal version of it ^_^

I'm not sure if it's been asked before but is there a BPAL that smells like Lust from Lush? My friend really loves that scent so I'd like to get her the Bpal version of it ^_^

Yes, Ceanothus Silkmoth smells just like Lust/Flying Fox. :D Notes are: Blood orange, night-blooming jasmine, vanilla bean, bog wood, Spanish moss, benzoin, and oudh.

Iole is close too btw, notes are: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber.

*edit* added notes

Edited by Monday

Yes, Ceanothus Silkmoth smells just like Lust/Flying Fox. :D Notes are: Blood orange, night-blooming jasmine, vanilla bean, bog wood, Spanish moss, benzoin, and oudh.

Iole is close too btw, notes are: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber.

*edit* added notes

Thanks :D I'll try ordering Iole with my next lab order in June, I'm trying to get her into BPAL but she says they seem "expensive and tiny" so I'm out to prove her wrong *Is a evil enabling friend*

Tricho is actually coconut and vetiver (Death Adder is a dead ringer for it!!), while R&B is more of a juicy orange and avocado! Kuang Shi reminded me of it when I tried it, actually.

...Can you tell that I work for Lush? Haha

Re: lush lust

I love that scent and I haven't found a good bpal match because to my nose it is grandiflorum jasmine and not the night blooming variety as suggested above.

Just my 2 cents- if anyone finds otherwise I'd be happy to try...

I love how this spiced vanilla smells. It's not too sweet and contains jasmine but doesn't read floral at all. The downside is it doesn't last like my beloved bpal. Five minutes of heaven, then sad face. Any recommendations would be wonderful!

Edited by opheliatrey

Hmmm... this is a tough one. Honestly I haven't come across many bpals that resemble it. Its not 100% but Blossoms in Springtime is good. It has a warm vanilla with slight flowery background feel. I can't really think of any from the GC.

You know, its not a perfume but OLOP House of Unquenchable Fire atmo spray feels vaguely similar to me.

Oh, also, you may want to report to mods so they can merge... there's a LUSH similarities thread here: LUSH to BPAL

Edited by SophieCedar

If anyone wants a perfume that smells EXACTLY like BIG conditioner then try getting a bit of the Ambergris SN! On me it's exactly the same lemony-creamy-salty mix :wub2:

If anyone wants a perfume that smells EXACTLY like BIG conditioner then try getting a bit of the Ambergris SN! On me it's exactly the same lemony-creamy-salty mix :wub2:

Really? Now I'm getting really excited about the bottle of Ambergris that's on its way to me, I've been looking for something that resembles Big. And The Olive Branch...and Jungle. :lol:

To me, the R&B scent is pure jasmine oil. I didn't get any of the orange or avocado at all! And while I actually like jasmine (and think there are a ton of GREAT BPAL jasmine blends that would probably make great R&B partners, the one that comes to mind first is New Orleans), for ME, it was just too strong a scent and lasted too long. No matter how little a dab I used, it was in my face for hours and hours and I couldn't deal with it (which was a shame because it really made my hair gorgeous and soft and manageable).

I have both a small Lush order and a big BPAL order coming, and I actually bought a bottle of Potion Lotion since I got a 5 ML of Veritas (and recently purchased a 5 ML of Spanish Carnation SN!), and think the carnations will complement each other well.

Also got a chunk of Trichomania because it's pretty much the only coconut item that DOESN'T make me queasy (I actually use it as a shower scrub, because it's got the little scrubby bits that exfoliate) so it will be interesting to see if I find it reminds me of R&B ... I don't recall making that connection but who knows? AND some Gentle Lentil (which I also use as a shower scrub instead of hair treatment) to go with my Velvet!

Don't know about you guys, but on me, Schrodinger's Cat smells like 25:43 only better, lol! It always has kind of a weird undertone to me, kind of almost mildew-like, that always ruined it. This does not.

Testing out Shattered today...smells EXACTLY like Ice Blue soap from Lush. And that's one of my favorites of their soaps, so... :wub2: Or you could say it smells like the Freeze shower gel, since Freeze and Ice Blue seem to be very similar to me.

Can anyone recommend a bpal that smells like lush happy happy joy joy?

Happy Happy Joy Joy smells just like Lushes Orange Blossom perfume (which is my favourite) but I haven't found any BPAL like it. Even the BPAL Orange Blossom SN isn't as sweet...

Though if you want something in the same area I can suggest Vixen "Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli."

It's spicy but has that creamy orange blossom scent.

Can anyone recommend a bpal that smells like lush happy happy joy joy?

Happy Happy Joy Joy smells just like Lushes Orange Blossom perfume (which is my favourite) but I haven't found any BPAL like it. Even the BPAL Orange Blossom SN isn't as sweet...

Though if you want something in the same area I can suggest Vixen "Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli."

It's spicy but has that creamy orange blossom scent.

Oddly, the lush orange blossom doesn't work on me. I think there's a rose note in the happy happy joy joy that is missing from the OB. I do like vixen but it is as you say, not as sweet. I am looking to try tweedledee, does anyone know if that's similar?

Finally found a Jungle dupe in the GC catalogue- Havana! It is a little fruitier and sweeter but they are very close once the oil settles into your skin.

How about a dupe for Sikkim Girls perfume? I love the scent but my skin eats it right up...hoping BPAL might have a similar one that lasts longer!

Edited for notes! They're listed as frangipani, jasmine, vanilla, and tuberose.

Edited by non_boingy

Got an imp of the Malignant Dreams of Cthulhu in Love that smells almost exactly like the Cupcake face mask to me.

I am looking for a scent similar to Lush's pink FUN. I love it, it is so comforting in a strange way to me. Can you guys help me out?

I wonder if anyone has any ideas for a BPAL similar to Lush's latest bath bomb Lord of Misrule. I had a bath with it recently and fell in love so I wondered if there might be some similar perfume. The description says: "the added sweetness of the world’s first fair trade vanilla absolute, perfectly balanced by the earthy scents of black pepper and patchouli oil." (https://www.lush.co.uk/product/6358/Lord-of-Misrule)

Thank you so much for your help!

Lush is bringing Witches Ball back as a LE item. Anything from BPAL that might match or come close?

Peppermint, rosemary, sage, myrrh, frankincense, benzoin, clove. Also contains star anise pods and parsley.

ETA: really embarassed as I apparently requested help on this one before. Searching for "witch" on the thread revealed no results but searching for "witches" revealed my error :( just wanted to say sorry and help is appreciated in finding a match.

Edited by Riletto