Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Matches I've found:

Chai with Wrath

Anubis with B Never gel :D

ETA: As it has been said, Malediction is Cosmic Dreamcatcher but a bit less incensy. :P

Edited by quimerula

Damn, someone beat me to it...hetarie smells exactly like bnever and flying saucers to me. It's a scent I'm learning to like, but wow! pure honey and whatever goodness makes it extra special!

I have found nothing that smells like flying fox, i think there are complimentary layering like maybe venom and caterpillar, but nothing dead on like it!

Love Me is Flying Fox    :P

That's so funny, to me love me smells like dragon's milk, which does not smell like flying fox. How weird that everyone can be so different (okay, not weird, but interesting!)

I will have to sniff it again though with flying fox in mind and see what I think!

regan is TOTALLY like butterball. i am so happy! i'm getting a 10ml of it in my next order. woo hoo!

regan is TOTALLY like butterball.  i am so happy!  i'm getting a 10ml of it in my next order.  woo hoo!

Personally, I think Dorian is more like Butterball (but not an exact match)--they both have a vanilla musk scent. I love Regan, but find the orchid to be really strong (yum), and that component is missing in Butterball. I wish there was an exact match to Butterball--that would be heavenly! :P

i didn't get a lot of orchid in regan, and dorian is totally sweet tea on me. it's so cool how things smell on different people.

I think Blood Lotus would go well with a Melting Marshmallow Moment or Creamy Candy, I think they smell quite similar. BL has a bit more of an edge at first but then becomes all sweet and yummy...

most of my favourite lush products have been covered by this thread, but does anybody have ideas for bpal that complements my two favourite lush smells -

summer blues/dreaming of summer (rose, jasmine, orange blossom and loads of other gorgeous florals)

and the sadly discontinued okra conditioner (did *anybody* else know and love my darling okra?) which was a sweet pungent herbal (mainly lavender and rosemary, i think, with balsamic vinegar and other salad dressing-y ingredients).

anyone have any ideas?

I wonder if Voodo is similar to Seaweed Sushi (face detergent, discontinued)..

There is anything to compliment Sea Veg Soap? It lists lavender and lime, but to me it smells salty

this is sad, but I loooove the smell of Lush's Crashcourse in Skincare bio-mask- avocado and lemons are on the ingredients list; but I can't find any BPAL with avocado matching...

does Graveyard Dirt smell anything like Middle Earth Turns to Rock soap? :P

I think Malediction smells exactly like Middle Earth.

Another match: Seraglio and Black Magic.

Oh god, I love Black Magic.

*adds seraglio to her ever-growing wishlist*

i love black magic and i love seraglio but see no resemblance btw. these two. i am sure they can layer together well b/c they are both wonderful but black magic is the scent of ylang ylang, clary sage and geranium.

seraglio is orange peel, sandalwood and rose.

just my 2 cents :P

galen :D , for the crashcourse smell, i get the lemons and the sandalwood there the strongest so maybe explore the possibilities with those ingredients in bpal oils.

Someone mentioned the combo of BNever (body wash) and O earlier in this thread.

I have found tha the perfect addition to this is the Gentle Lentil shampoo bar. I adore using these three products together; I smell like honey and vanilla all day long. :P

great thread guys, my wishlist is growing by leaps and bounds!

(and only 4 orders pending)

Has anyone found a match or similar to the Lush Ginger line?

:P

I am still on a hunt for an Alkmaar like scent. So far, what I've tried has been too jasmine-y and not enough cream.

What I'm looking for is a non-foody rich cream scent (Dana O'Shee was too sweet) , with florals second. Is it out there?

Off to stalk the reviews....

A Lush and BPAL snap with:

Chai and Dragon's Bone

Amazonian and Obeah

Yummy :P

Actually, I found that Seraglio smelt very much like a cross between Fever and Amondopondo on me. That would make sense, as Fever contains rose and sandalwood, and Amondopondo contains rose and orange.

I also thought on me, the first stage of Cairo smelt like a bit like Whoosh or Party On balm, that lemongrass scent, before morphing into something more incensy and woodsy, dusty and Egyptian.

And Ahathoor has a similar carnation note to Potion, but with frankincense and herbs added, I think the two will go fantastically together.

And yes, I did get a Snowcake smell from Chaste Moon, it also has similarities to Sympathy for the Skin and Milky Bar.

In the imp, Venice doesn't smell like one Lush product...it smells like an entire Lush shop. :P Yes, that's right, you know that explosion of scent rushing up your nose when you go into a Lush shop, that was it-liquidised Lush in a bottle.

But those are just my views-as every bpal experience is different.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Funny thing, I didn't think that Hetairae smelled like one Lush product in particular but rather that it smells like a Lush store in general ... that scent you can smell all the way down the street! Which I love so I swapped for a 5 ML of it :P

Last night, thanks to a swap from the lovely Olympia, I dsicovered Baku!!! At first I was thinking Ice Hotel because of the lavender crossed with something ineffable, like mint, but later I realized that there was fennel in there and in fact BAKU SMELLS LIKE WAVING NOT DROWNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Also, not sure if this is cheating since it's not a Lush product, but try matching Velvet (yum) to Philosophy's 3-in-1 Double Rich Hot Cocoa ... it is PERFECT!!!!!!!!