Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I'm so weird because for the first few years that I used Lush, lavender always medicinally jutted out at me so it took me years to even dare try products like French Kiss or Waving Not Drowning. I can still smell them once they've hit the water, but I've actually grown to appreciate it in certain products. Love it in AOBS now whereas I hated it before. Don't be afraid of TKO, although I personally recommend getting the massage oil from the Trading Post. Have never tried the perfume oil but I've read that it is more lavendery, hence more medicinal, than the massage oil. You won't be disappointed with the massage oil! It is my favourite lavender-heavy perfume to date.

...anyway, I'll put TKO on my list. :)

I got a bottle of TKO massage oil today and it's amazing. The French Kiss is definitely comparable. I get a lingering sugary smell on my skin when I use TKO, too, which is nice. I'm glad you recommended it!

I got a bottle of TKO massage oil today and it's amazing. The French Kiss is definitely comparable. I get a lingering sugary smell on my skin when I use TKO, too, which is nice. I'm glad you recommended it!

Ah, so glad you like it! I love the lingering marshmallowy sweetness. It's heavenly. :D

I've tried searching but nothing is really coming up. Does anyone know of a BPAL oil that smells like You Snap the Whip body butter? It smells a lot like The Comforter bath bomb/solid perfume, but a little darker. (The only hit that came up for The Comforter was Blue Phoenix proto.) So if there's anything else, even anything that would nicely compliment YSTW, I'd be happy to give it a go. Thanks!

around site 4 and 5 people say You snap the whip goes great wit Black Lotus or Bordello.

Random thing I found out. Bpals Snow White and Lushes Snowcake/Smitten smells very simular to me.

On my skin they are even the EXACT match.

I grew sick of Snowcake soap last winter but gettingt to know Snow white made me like it again :wub2:

Now my question. anyone knows a bpal scent thats simular to sakura bath ballistic or rubrubrub. my sister is the biggest fan of this scent.

Also does someone knows what bpal comes close to the olive branch? Snake oil goes very well with it but its not really close to it

Edited by DahliaHayashi

I remember reading somewhere that Les Infortunes De La Vertu is very similar to The Olive Branch. Haven't tried this one but probably will buy an imp as I love The Olive Branch.

Any suggestions for matches for Ghost?

Also, would anyone say Jezebel is similar to B never shower gel?

Hey ya know look at that! I was *just* thinking to myself yesterday how Ghost resembles Lyonesse. I was trying to figure out why I LOVE Ghost so much but don't really care for Lily Savon soap. Ghost is kinda more vanilla-y than the Lily Savon bar soap..most people compare Ghost to Lily Savon, but my experience was that the Lily Savon bar soap is MUCH heavier on lilies to the point of burning my nose.

Now my question. anyone knows a bpal scent thats simular to sakura bath ballistic or rubrubrub. my sister is the biggest fan of this scent.

Also does someone knows what bpal comes close to the olive branch? Snake oil goes very well with it but its not really close to it

Oooh good one. I do know a couple out there that are similar, but looking at the threads, everyone wishes there was a stronger cherry blossom scent from bpal.

Similar to Sakura IMO: Suspiro and Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree

. . .

Wish I could find a bpal similar to Champagne Snowshowers! *laments loss of favorite scent*

. . .

Me too - I think it's my favorite Lush scent too. At least Lush gave us an early Christmas present with the Golden Wonder ballistic. It's showing up as out of stock on the US site, but I would heartily recommend hitting up local stores or the UK site if you love Champagne Snowshowers.

. . .

Kyoto is the strongest straught-up cherry blossom scent I can think of.

Wish I could find a bpal similar to Champagne Snowshowers! *laments loss of favorite scent*

Did you manage to get a bottle of Snowshowers perfume? It was on their Canadian website last week & is a LE fragrance. I was considering getting Twilight as well, but I have a BPAL that smells similar (SDPU1) and the bottle was $50. Eek.

I'd love to know what BPAL smells like Snowshowers though, because I tried the perfume and it was gone in 30 minutes. :(

Did you manage to get a bottle of Snowshowers perfume? It was on their Canadian website last week & is a LE fragrance. I was considering getting Twilight as well, but I have a BPAL that smells similar (SDPU1) and the bottle was $50. Eek.

I'd love to know what BPAL smells like Snowshowers though, because I tried the perfume and it was gone in 30 minutes. :(

Oh man I had no idea Lush made a snowshowers perfume this year! I still have a tiny bit of the solid version they put out about 4 years ago. Still smells the same. Glad you found something from bpal that's similar. :) I will keep my eyes peeled for others and post here when found!

Snowshowers-lovers, go try yourselves decants or bottles of Phoenix at Dawn, no joking around. It's remarkably similar in many respects, available until Feb. 10, and ...yeah. Try it. Fizzy orange blossomy sweetness, but BPAL-style, with BPAL longevity and a little more oomph.

ETA: and Phoenix at Midday ends up smelling a lot like Jingle Spells on me. O_o;; Yay for citrus and herbal.

Oh man I had no idea Lush made a snowshowers perfume this year! I still have a tiny bit of the solid version they put out about 4 years ago. Still smells the same. Glad you found something from bpal that's similar. :) I will keep my eyes peeled for others and post here when found!

Edited by windbourne

Snowshowers-lovers, go try yourselves decants or bottles of Phoenix at Dawn, no joking around. It's remarkably similar in many respects, available until Feb. 10, and ...yeah. Try it. Fizzy orange blossomy sweetness, but BPAL-style, with BPAL longevity and a little more oomph.

. . .

Can you feel it? I am sending you telepathic hugs and kisses!

I took a warming bath with Glogg last night and realized it's very similar to Inferno. Glogg's really heavy on the cinnamon to me and Inferno is straight-up cinnamon on my skin. But sometimes simplicity is what I want.

So I think Melisande smells heaps like Silky Underwear/Alkmaar, though a little sharper and not as soft.

I like both of them a LOT, so no real comments past that.

I was just wondering whether Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat smells anything like Lush Lip Dip lip scrub? I love the latter, only I don´t usually use lip scrubs. But the scent...yum!

I was just wondering whether Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat smells anything like Lush Lip Dip lip scrub? I love the latter, only I don´t usually use lip scrubs. But the scent...yum!

I believe I've got both, I'll check it for you when I'm back home(now ill at my boyfriend's)

:(

I would love to find BPal's equivalent of Rose Jam and Irresistible Bliss :yum:

I believe I've got both, I'll check it for you when I'm back home(now ill at my boyfriend's)

:(

I've just checked. Lip Dip is more of a sharp citrusy scent, LSSB is different, mellow, vanilla based lemon;I'd say it starts more like Lip Dip but after a minute it changes into more sweet, mellow scent. Lovely, I like it a lot, but it's not like Lip Dip in my opinion:)

I've tried searching but nothing is really coming up. Does anyone know of a BPAL oil that smells like You Snap the Whip body butter? It smells a lot like The Comforter bath bomb/solid perfume, but a little darker. (The only hit that came up for The Comforter was Blue Phoenix proto.) So if there's anything else, even anything that would nicely compliment YSTW, I'd be happy to give it a go. Thanks!

around site 4 and 5 people say You snap the whip goes great wit Black Lotus or Bordello.

Ooh I am so glad I caught this! I might have an imp of Black Lotus that I've yet to try on the skin, but I will have to look for Bordello too! I stalk this thread from time to time as LUSH & BPAL are two of my biggest splurges/weaknesses. Any time they can cross over is always welcomed.

I tried looking and couldn't find anything that was similar to Lush's Lust? I apologize if this is a repeat post but the search didn't turn anything up... I love that steel-toed jasmine.