Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Does anyone know which bpal might come close to Tuca Tuca? It's a rather complex scent, on the site it says: Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata).

Can anyone suggest what would be similar to Potion? GC would be best, but anything would be great.

Can anyone suggest what would be similar to Potion? GC would be best, but anything would be great.

From descriptions, it looks like Potion is mostly carnation with some rose and clove. I really dislike carnation, so I don't have any recommendations, but the Lab has lots of carnation scents to choose from. There is a thread devoted to it: http://www.bpal.org/topic/21410-carnations/

I love the scent of Ibiza Party Shampoo: the spicy carnation, citrus, oat-milk combo is to die for. Can anyone recommend a similar BPAL?

I find port au prince to be surprisingly similar

It starts out with almond syrup but then get a cinnamon to it. At first I had spice curls and running to the embassy in mind, bit it occurs to me it is a close relative of Ibiza party

It's been almost 2 years since it was asked, so I'm hoping there is a better answer now. Any matches for Jungle solid conditioner? It was the only scented thing I was wearing yesterday and my husband said I smelled "really good." This from I guy who generally says things like, "you need to test that perfume shit in the bathroom with the fan on so the whole apartment doesn't reek" and recoils in horror when I bring a bag from Lush home. Finding a scent he actually compliments, not just tolerates is huge.

Most of the BPAL I have found that is "green" or "grassy" is also floral. That is bad. Particularly "spring florals" as I am allergic to almost everything that grows from a bulb (paperwhites, narcissus, hyacinth in particular) and he is allergic to lilies. Although they don't provoke allergies, I also really dislike jasmine, magnolia, gardenia, carnation, lilac, and lotus.

Rose is just about the only floral I like. I have tried "Two, Five and Seven" (roses and grass) but everyone agrees it smells like bubble gum on me.

Although Lush doesn't list the notes for the perfume in Jungle (I assume this is where the grassy scent comes from) the other listed ingredients that would contribute to the smell are: figs, banana, passion fruit, kumquat, kiwi, ylang ylang, cypress, and sandalwood.

I can sympathize with you. Jungle is one of my favorite scents in the entire world. There is a website that still carries samples of the lush created limited perfume of it, and lush once did a jungle hand soap as well. I thought both products fell short of capturing the best parts if the scent, which h bizarrely seems to have a comforting waft of McDonalds French fries. Anyway, as far as Blake goes, I tried Manila but found it too sweet and fruity

Machu pichu though has that same tropical greenness of jungle, though it is still not a perfect substitute

Edited by claire noelle

Once the lavender in Dove's Heart burns off, it smells a lot like Flying Fox shower gel. Very strong, honeyed jasmine.

Anyone know of any BPAL that smells like LUSH's Demon in the Dark Soap? I love the scent, but it disappears so quick (like most LUSH soaps :cry2: ). Someone recommended Juke Joint, which is super minty but is all booze on the drydown for me. Are there any other matches/similar ones?

I've run out of my beloved KIF perfume and was hoping the Lab offers a blend that is similar... any recommendations?

I would use the search feature on the main site to find scents with similar notes, but since the feature is disabled... :mellow:

TY in advance!

If you can get hold of it, I died for beauty is very similar. Unfortunately was discontinued recently so can't be bought from the lab.

If you can get hold of it, I died for beauty is very similar. Unfortunately was discontinued recently so can't be bought from the lab.

TY mimosa...i just noticed a pinned topic for LUSH & B Never scent similarities :blush: ...off to check it out!

This thread can be deleted.

does anyone have recommendations for BPAL that smells like Lush's Black Pearl? I had some of the cobweb bath bombs that were released with that scent a couple years back, and completely fell in love with it-so if I could find a bpal that smelled just like it, I'd be a very happy camper, lol.

Two similarities that really struck me; these scents smell VERY similar on/to me.

Clémence = LUSH Potion (lotion or perfume)

Pirate Moon = LUSH Big (shampoo or perfume)

Anyone ever found a BPAL that was like Lush's Turkish Delight? I love the smell (kind of candied lemon and roses) but it doesn't really linger the way I'd like.

Anyone ever found a BPAL that was like Lush's Turkish Delight? I love the smell (kind of candied lemon and roses) but it doesn't really linger the way I'd like.

Delirium (Bewitching Brews) is apple, rose, and lemon.

LUSH is my gateway drug; I'm new to BPAL. Anyone have good matches for the Twilight bath bomb? How about Ceridwen's Cauldron? Therapy massage bar? How about The Soft Touch?

The new grass body wash smells like Squirting Cucumber. Love this body wash by the way!

I am DISO an oil the smells like LUSH's new Grass Shower Gel. I bought a bottle of BPAL's Squirting Cucumber but it just smells like BBW's Cumbermelon. No grass on me.

Anyone else know of an oil that is close to Grass Shower Gel? Thanks! :wub2:

I haven't sniffed Squirting Cucumber, so I don't know. But I got some Troll in a random imp's ear the other day and it smelled almost exactly like Grass shower gel to me. Maybe a little darker, but only a little.

I've tried searching but nothing is really coming up. Does anyone know of a BPAL oil that smells like You Snap the Whip body butter? It smells a lot like The Comforter bath bomb/solid perfume, but a little darker. (The only hit that came up for The Comforter was Blue Phoenix proto.) So if there's anything else, even anything that would nicely compliment YSTW, I'd be happy to give it a go. Thanks!

I've tried searching but nothing is really coming up. Does anyone know of a BPAL oil that smells like You Snap the Whip body butter? It smells a lot like The Comforter bath bomb/solid perfume, but a little darker. (The only hit that came up for The Comforter was Blue Phoenix proto.) So if there's anything else, even anything that would nicely compliment YSTW, I'd be happy to give it a go. Thanks!

Bewitched might work.

Bewitched might work.

I will look for that one, thanks so much!