Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Okay, have any of you tried Glogg shower gel yet? If any of you know of a scent that's similar to it, please let me know so I can amass a hoard. (It reminds me of my dear, departed Tanin'iver... :()

The new grass body wash smells like Squirting Cucumber. Love this body wash by the way!

I am DISO an oil the smells like LUSH's new Grass Shower Gel. I bought a bottle of BPAL's Squirting Cucumber but it just smells like BBW's Cumbermelon. No grass on me.

Anyone else know of an oil that is close to Grass Shower Gel? Thanks! :wub2:

Anyone knows some BPAL that smells anywhere similar to Cynthia Sylvia Stout?

I love the scent of this shampoo.

It smells of stout and lemons and something more... it's amazing...

It's been almost 2 years since it was asked, so I'm hoping there is a better answer now. Any matches for Jungle solid conditioner? It was the only scented thing I was wearing yesterday and my husband said I smelled "really good." This from I guy who generally says things like, "you need to test that perfume shit in the bathroom with the fan on so the whole apartment doesn't reek" and recoils in horror when I bring a bag from Lush home. Finding a scent he actually compliments, not just tolerates is huge.

Most of the BPAL I have found that is "green" or "grassy" is also floral. That is bad. Particularly "spring florals" as I am allergic to almost everything that grows from a bulb (paperwhites, narcissus, hyacinth in particular) and he is allergic to lilies. Although they don't provoke allergies, I also really dislike jasmine, magnolia, gardenia, carnation, lilac, and lotus.

Rose is just about the only floral I like. I have tried "Two, Five and Seven" (roses and grass) but everyone agrees it smells like bubble gum on me.

Although Lush doesn't list the notes for the perfume in Jungle (I assume this is where the grassy scent comes from) the other listed ingredients that would contribute to the smell are: figs, banana, passion fruit, kumquat, kiwi, ylang ylang, cypress, and sandalwood.

Edited by Altaira

It has a huge vetiver thing going on in Jungle... vetiver and fruits...

Interesting, I hadn't noticed vetiver. I just get greenery and fruit.

Vetiver is iffy on me. I like it in Anathema, Voodoo, and Black Annis. Neutral on it in Bloodlust, Scales of Deprivation, and Blood Kiss. And find it repulsive in Bluebeard. But none of those remind me of Jungle at all.

I also don't get any vetiver at all from Jungle. And I really like vetiver. Jungle's a sort of non-descript fruity green scent to me.

I also don't get any vetiver at all from Jungle. And I really like vetiver. Jungle's a sort of non-descript fruity green scent to me.

I get that idea both from a description that stayed on the uk website a few years back, which said that it had vetiver in it, just as Curly Wurly does, and also, because many reviewers of Lush, on the US forum talk about it... myself, I find it smells of avocado and papaya... not in the best way.

I think the Jungle thing has been discussed before, but years ago...and I think I suggested Manila:

A tropical, humid, lush scent, with a faint echo of Pacific breezes, jungle blossoms, and deep wet woods. Sampaguita blossoms, banana leaf, palm, and narra.

it's not exactly the same as Jungle, but has a little bit of the flavor...I also adore the scent of Jungle. the other suggestion I have is House of Night, which I haven't smelled in a while, but I remember it being very full of plant-y greenery, and jungle-like in that sense...I'm afraid there just isn't a real equivalent of Jungle - but you can always use it like a solid perfume.

Thanks for the suggestions, I did look through the thread, but the last time it was asked about was Jan '09 and there were no good matches. Both Manila and House of Night are definite nos for me because of the florals.

Another thought, as I see someone else asked about Grass recently. Last time I was buying Jungle, the salesgirl said I should try Grass because it "smelled just like Jungle." Now, I didn't buy any because I don't like shower gels and I can't smell anything in the Lush store due to scent overload, but the ingredients listed on the Lush site for them don't seem that similar. Do any of you find them to be similar? Does anyone know what the note of Lush's Ninja scent are (the web says that is he scent in Grass).

Okay, have any of you tried Glogg shower gel yet? If any of you know of a scent that's similar to it, please let me know so I can amass a hoard. (It reminds me of my dear, departed Tanin'iver... :()

I just now noticed this post, but bpal's Sin is very similar to LUSH's Glogg, in my opinion.

And I didn't think that the Grass gel smelled like Jungle the last time I was in store. I love Jungle, and haven't found a bpal that I think really smells similar... I don't get the vetiver from Jungle either.

Last time I was buying Jungle, the salesgirl said I should try Grass because it "smelled just like Jungle." Now, I didn't buy any because I don't like shower gels and I can't smell anything in the Lush store due to scent overload, but the ingredients listed on the Lush site for them don't seem that similar. Do any of you find them to be similar?

I don't find them similar at all. Grass smells like...well, grass. It's a very strong, green, fresh-cut grass scent with a bit of herbalness to me.

Boy, I'm turning into the comparison naysayer here. :blush: :lol:

Edited by Penance

Anyone knows some BPAL that smells anywhere similar to Cynthia Sylvia Stout?

I love the scent of this shampoo. It smells of stout and lemons and something more... it's amazing...

Jupita - I'd suggest you try Beer From the Marsh Woman's Brewery! It doesn't smell exactly like CSS but definitely has a similar scent... reviews are here if you'd like to check them out.

edited to fix link

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

Porridge Soap scent?!? This is the BEST (next to Vanillary)... and the soap just doesnt last long enough... and would get sticky if i just left the lather on me...

Totally dittoing this! Would *love* a Porridge scent...would probably die if the scent was made into a massage bar...

And speaking of massage bars, I always stayed away from bubblegum but Lush's Once a Year turned me into a bubblegum-aholic. Especially since the bar is a lighter not so sticky sweet headache of a scent. Jailbait seems spot on to continue that fragrance all day, the orange blossom must contribute to breaking up the bubblegummyness. Yes that's a word.

I'm still looking for a good Ibiza Party Shampoo complement, but I have another one for you guys:

Anything similar to Cerridwen's Cauldron? Again there's the oats note, tangerine I think, but also sandalwood, rose, a little frankincense and lavender...What I get most is that rose-sandalwood-tangerine-oat thing, herbaceous and citrus like a gorgeous wild rose.

I am totally hoarding Glogg. The salesgirl suggested it as a sub of Tramp (it's not, sadly) and I fell head over heels. It's just utterly gorgeous and I love that it has the cinnamon/patchouli deliciousness and the citrus is present but not overbearing or over sweet.

The closest BPAL scent I've found is The Phantom Calliope black cherry, patchouli, cassis, cardamom and verbena. The cassis is sharper than the cinnamon in Glogg and LUSH just has that distinctive citrus that no one else can replicate. It's not an exact dupe but it's pretty good.

While I'm here--anyone have a good perfume dupe of Tramp? Greed is pretty close but, again, there is a very faint hint of citrus in Tramp that really brightens it.

I just now noticed this post, but bpal's Sin is very similar to LUSH's Glogg, in my opinion.

I am totally hoarding Glogg. The salesgirl suggested it as a sub of Tramp (it's not, sadly) and I fell head over heels. It's just utterly gorgeous and I love that it has the cinnamon/patchouli deliciousness and the citrus is present but not overbearing or over sweet.

The closest BPAL scent I've found is The Phantom Calliope black cherry, patchouli, cassis, cardamom and verbena. The cassis is sharper than the cinnamon in Glogg and LUSH just has that distinctive citrus that no one else can replicate. It's not an exact dupe but it's pretty good.

While I'm here--anyone have a good perfume dupe of Tramp? Greed is pretty close but, again, there is a very faint hint of citrus in Tramp that really brightens it.

Cheers, guys! I think I'm going to try the Phantom Calliope, since it's been mentioned as similar to both Glogg and Tanin'iver. Also, I'm skin testing the Dodo right now, and it's definately in the same family, to me.

Cheers, guys! I think I'm going to try the Phantom Calliope, since it's been mentioned as similar to both Glogg and Tanin'iver. Also, I'm skin testing the Dodo right now, and it's definately in the same family, to me.

I tried out NIKÊPHOROS yesterday from the Ode to Aphrodite series and it reminded me of Glogg(not 100%) but close enough that I am tempted to get a bottle.

I tried out NIKÊPHOROS yesterday from the Ode to Aphrodite series and it reminded me of Glogg(not 100%) but close enough that I am tempted to get a bottle.

Does someone know any Lush that smells similar to Fizzbanger?

It just smells so nice in the bath... yummy, without being awfully sweet...

This isn't really a similarity, but more scents complimenting each other.

I had a shower this morning and used Lush Turkish Delight then applied Gothic Horror :wub2: Oh so nice, sweet honey rose incense scent all day.

I'm loving Glogg at the moment too, Unfortunately my mum said I smell like moth balls when I use it :evil:

Okay, so today I was in Lush, on one of those trips where you're supposed to go in and buy the one thing you absolutely need, but end up spending tons of money. Anyway, they have a bunch of new perfumes, and being the perfume junkie that I am, I had to sniff them all. One I particularly liked was called Breath of God. I didn't buy it (resisted!) but was wondering if there might be any similar BPALs. The notes are listed as:

Neroli, lemon, melon, jasmine, rose, vetivert, sandalwood, cedarwood, amber, musk.

I wouldn't cry if there weren't vetiver in a blend, though. ;) I didn't really get vetiver from it. It was very mystical and airy, though.

As a BPAL newbie, I would love an oil that had the richness of Jungle. One of my favorite green scents of all time.

A couple years ago, I made my own perfume oil blend with fragrance oil and a carrier jojoba oil. Worked well, and I got to wear my favorite lush scents as perfume. Never bought a jungle scent, just a Honey I washed the kids scent, and the rockstar scent. Both very good dupes. I should order some Jungle frangrance oil. :eek:

Mmm. I also love their Vanillary scent. Very dusty, rich, creme brule meets incense smell.

& I've made myself hungry. Lovely perfume notes in these perfumes... make me want to go on a grocery binge.