Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

any suggestions for BPAl similarities to BNever's Breath of God perfume? it was the only alcohol perfume i owned, and i sadly had to sell it because alcohol and my skin don't get along. =(

Iam just trying to think myself really, but does anyone know if there is a scent that is very similar to Lush christmas eve bath ballistic?

I totally love with this one :thud:

I just used up my last Lush Dreamtime Bath Melt, and God I love this stuff, but until I get more income it's going to be either Lush OR BPAL, and tbh, five Euros is a little much right now just to be taking a bath. Still, I love Dreamtime! Does anyone know of a BPAL oil that smells similar? Lush lists lavender and chamomile as ingredients, but it's not *just* that and I can't identify any other notes. I searched the lab's site for those two notes, and the oils I found listed that have both are ones I've tried (I'm a fan of lavender and chamomile). But they only complement Dreamtime and don't smell anything like it. Has anyone tried an oil and found it to be similar, or found a way to layer a couple? I'd be glad for any recs!

Does anyone know a bpal substitute for Sugar Babe sugar scrub? It is not a good idea for me to use scrubs (sensitive skin...) but I bought it anyways because I LOVED the smell. It is mainly mimosa and some ylang ylang (since when do I like THAT??). But in a recent discontinuation disaster so many of the bpal mimosa scents were axed due to component issues :( So what is left that I could try?

Porridge Soap scent?!? This is the BEST (next to Vanillary)... and the soap just doesnt last long enough... and would get sticky if i just left the lather on me XD. There has got to be something that gets close to it without becomming cloyingly sweet (note: drink me type sweet food blends kind of make me want to throw up a bit sometimes :()

Oh and also...Sunnyside bath melt thingy.. so summery! Anything like that, that doesnt involve flowers? (that hate me).

Thanks and im really sorry if theres an answer to this somewhere in this thread i missed lol.

I would die a thousand deaths if I could find something that smells like the UK version of Quinquereme Of Nineveh. All coconutty. . creamy. . . like horchata. Hmmmm. . .

Anyone have any suggestions?

A lovely fairy sent me an imp of Squirting Cucumber and I'll be damned if it isn't a dead ringer for Figs and Leaves on my skin. Mmm. 5mL: ordered!

Lush's new Supergrass shower gel = BPAL's Litha. Grass and herbs and dirt!

I think I'm probably in the minority who likes Lush's grass-scented products, though. Heh.

Has anyone tried either of Lush's new products Glorious Mud or Turkish Delight? They both smell divine, Glorious Mud has a sweet, light, earthy smell, and Turkish delight smells of rose petals and is incredibly sweet and creamy. I'm trying to find perfumes that smell like either of those products.

Blue Phoenix Prototype smelled to me almost exactly like LUSH's The Comforter bubble bar. But that is a really rare scent, so good luck snagging some. And if you happen to, please let me know ;)

I'd love to find a BPAL scent like Tuca Tuca. I have a feeling that Beth could do it so much better. XD

Scents with similar ingredients seem to be:

Defututa

Veil

Peitho

Venice

But I haven't tried them to compare.

I am madly in love with the scent of the daddy-o violet shampoo.

Does anyone have any smell a-likes??

Signior Dildo (Lupercalia LE) smells a lot like LUSH's Daddy-O/Bathos line of violet scents to me. Staged Moon Landing also has a similarity. And, of course, there's Faith for a sugared violet scent.

Before I dropped it into my bathtub last night, I thought Twilight ballistic smelled A LOT like The Emathides. However, the scent became funny/unpleasant when the ballistic dissolved in the water.

If you loved Black Pearl, try out Misericordia from the VILFs. It's more complex than BP, but it has a very similar resonance.