Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

*reports in*

I have found that Flying Fox gel + B Never gel = MEAD MOON!!! ELVENTYONE! ;)

Edited by GardenCat

It took me a while to figure out, but Midnight smells just like Lush's Sex Bomb! :heart:

Also, Black Opal smells just like Lush's Flying Fox shower gel.

Edited by saracakes

I am looking for something with the lovely Lush Silky Underwear / Alkmaar scent. I read back anf saw others suggestions. The problem is that a lot of those suggestions are unavailable now. Is there something current and available that is a complimentary or close to matching scent. I'm usually not big on florals but I love the subtle smell of silky underwear. Thanks!

I know it is chamomille and not jasmine :lol:

but still.. I think Ephemera has the same feel to it, maybe you should give it a try?

I find that nine times out of ten, about an hour after I get into the store, my nose kind of goes dead and I can't really smell much of anything. That could absolutely be the reason.

And OMG breaktheranks, I LOVE Bon Bomb---I'm definitely going to have to re-try Kuang Shi!

My new question is: anybody find anything that smells like Porridge? I'm hands-down convinced that this is the best soap Lush has made since Twas the Night. I need it in perfume, lotion, shampoo...

Omg, Porridge is one of my faaaaves. I've done searches for Labdanum (since that's pretty much the biggest sent in Porridge) but all the results seem to be so OFF from the feel of the soap I'm not tempted to try them... Meh. But if anyone has any ideas... :P

Does anyone have any recommendations for something that smells like Big shampoo? I just tried this and I'm obsessed.

I searched through the thread and saw that a few people had asked about it back in '07 but there haven't been any suggestions. Just wondering if anything has occurred to anyone.

Something with a lot of Orris... The only one that seems to be striking out at me based on the notes might be L'Ecole des Filles just since it seems to be fairly tempered... with some extra citrus along with the orris, but I can't say from experience!

I was wondering how White Chocolate and Strawberry compared to American Cream. So many reviews seem to remind me of American Cream. Thoughts?

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE White Chocolate and Strawberry but it's deifnitely missing that clary sage/lavender-esque note AC has to it. I pick more up on the clary sage than the lavender (thank god, otherwise I'd have to abandon me AC love) but White Choco is far too sweet to be a dead ringer... however, it would compliment AC well and maybe layering it with a single note or another blend could pull it off.

Any BPAL suggestions for Joy Of Jelly? I searched the thread and only found one comparison 2 years ago, and wondering if anyone had any other suggestions :)

I found this old post of mine in a different thread, but thought it might be relevant here. I still LOVE Silver Cloud and was excited when I found out that they returned in a limited run for a forum party this past Christmas but were also available online. Oddly, they don't smell "Christmasy" at all to me, they smell spring- and summer-y!

If you love 51, you need to get your paws on a Silver Cloud ballistic from Lush. It's one of the Christmas LE products for this year - I didn't check to see if they are on the NA site yet, but they were in the store here in Atlanta when I went on Sunday and I got one.

Now, I rarely find Lush's descriptions of their scents to describe them that accurately, and this one's no exception. :lol: Here's what I got from the UK site: As it hits the water, a whole concoction of sweet orange and lime essential oils, laced with floral gardenia fills your bathroom with a reviving scent. Close your eyes and you`ll feel like you`re floating on cloud nine. Open them again and you`ll find yourself surrounded in a tiny shoal of silvery sparkles in the turquoise blue water. Matched with Mark`s fruity fragrance, Silver Cloud is one of Noriko`s finest creations.

I haven't bathed with mine yet, but I was huffing it this morning and trying to put my finger on what it reminded me of when I made the 51 connection. It's very similar to the early stages of 51, bright fruit and white florals - which is very unexpected and refreshing for a Christmas product. I'm really rationing myself on baths right now since we're in a terrible water crisis, but I'm looking forward to trying this one out and until then, I'm letting it sit on my dresser in a little dish as a pomander.

Even though they don't have any notes in common, Velvet Bandito smells like a slightly woodsy version of Potion on me.

I can totally see where that comes from, bluelena. Velvet Bandito smells extremely carnation-y to me - I had no idea that tumbleweeds could be so spicy and gorgeous! And Potion is almost all carnation on me, barely any rose. They will probably layer wonderfully.

With the acknowledgment that I have really wonky skin, Leanan Sidhe was a dead-on ringer for Silky Underwear to me. Weirded me out, but it's really similar on me.

I can totally see where that comes from, bluelena. Velvet Bandito smells extremely carnation-y to me - I had no idea that tumbleweeds could be so spicy and gorgeous! And Potion is almost all carnation on me, barely any rose. They will probably layer wonderfully.

I think it goes beautifully with Potion but it smells more like Skinny Dip to me. Skinny Dip is one of my holy grail Lush scents and when Bandito is wet it smells so much like it. Puts a perma grin on my face.

I think it goes beautifully with Potion but it smells more like Skinny Dip to me. Skinny Dip is one of my holy grail Lush scents and when Bandito is wet it smells so much like it. Puts a perma grin on my face.

:lol: I think Velvet Bandito smells exactly like Pied De Pepper lotion. I need to try Potion and Skinny Dip now!

Would anyone know if there is anythng that smells similar too lush Fever at all please? ;)

Ah! Hollywood is this similar?

Edited by mysticalgelsey

This is what I have discovered on my quest to find the perfect BPAL equivalent to Lush's jasmine scents.

Peitho is the most similar to Lush's jasmine note that I've found in BPAL. There are minor differences between Flying Fox, Godiva, and Youki-Hi but they all have that Peitho-y jasmine in them.

I like to layer Peitho with a little bit of Kuang Shi, and it's a dead ringer for Godiva. Youki-Hi is jasmine with ylang ylang, cypress, and gardenia but I swear I smell some kind of cotton candy berries in it too. I remember reading in the reviews for Skuld (ylang ylang and honey) that it smelled grapey? Maybe it is the ylang ylang in Youki Hi that I'm smelling. Anyway, I bet anything that Peitho + Skuld = Youki-Hi

Vanilla Puff Powder Dusting Powder smells like Antique Lace! It's awesome!

Would anyone know if there is anythng that smells similar too lush Fever at all please? ;)

With my chemistry I think that Baghdad (Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood) smells an awful lot like Fever to me.

This is what I have discovered on my quest to find the perfect BPAL equivalent to Lush's jasmine scents.

Peitho is the most similar to Lush's jasmine note that I've found in BPAL. There are minor differences between Flying Fox, Godiva, and Youki-Hi but they all have that Peitho-y jasmine in them.

I like to layer Peitho with a little bit of Kuang Shi, and it's a dead ringer for Godiva. Youki-Hi is jasmine with ylang ylang, cypress, and gardenia but I swear I smell some kind of cotton candy berries in it too. I remember reading in the reviews for Skuld (ylang ylang and honey) that it smelled grapey? Maybe it is the ylang ylang in Youki Hi that I'm smelling. Anyway, I bet anything that Peitho + Skuld = Youki-Hi

I'm a Flying Fox FIEND! I have an imp of Peitho and like it a lot, I'm going to have to try and get a hold of some Skuld to experiment, because that sounds like a great combo! Thanks! :D

As a side note I'd like to share that Snake Oil and Lush's Strawberry Feels Forever massage bar make you smell like the world's sexiest milkshake. Yummy.

:lol: I think Velvet Bandito smells exactly like Pied De Pepper lotion. I need to try Potion and Skinny Dip now!

After wearing Bandito a few more times I think you're right! It is more like Pied De Pepper!! At least when it's wet.

With my chemistry I think that Baghdad (Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood) smells an awful lot like Fever to me.

Aww thank you Mamacat, i will have to try some of this.

I really need to get me a bottle of Black opal too :wub:

Looking for something that smells like Ultrabland...

Any recomendations?

Oooh oohh! I didn't think about it, since I only tried Ultrabland a few weeks ago as a freebie I got....

The creamy, smooth, light beeswax garden scent of Ultrabland is totally reminding me of To Helen....might give that a try if you can find it! It's a bit more floral but OMG it is gorgeous. They really are very similar.

I fell in love with the smell of Spice Curls soap recently, although I don't like using it that much. Any BPAL smell-alikes?

I fell in love with the smell of Spice Curls soap recently, although I don't like using it that much. Any BPAL smell-alikes?

Maybe Bengal? Anyone have any dupes for Lush's vanilla line?