Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Bit of a crazy question maybe but here goes !

I work in a lush shop and I do like the smell that gets in my clothes and in my skin (yep I walk around smelling like a lush shop LOL) but I'm wondering if there is a scent that goes with that. You know not something that smells like Lush shop but something that accompanies that smell so I can use a perfume that doesn't drown in the lush smell !

thanks !

kyaatje, I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but I think that Masquerade smells like a Lush shop (see my comment to that effect below!) although I associate the "lush smell" with orange blossom and neroli, so you could maybe try oils that are heavy on one or the other.

It's not a specific Lush product, but I think that Masquerade smells like the mingled scent of many Lush products together in one place - it's not exactly the smell of a Lush shop, but it certainly reminds me of one!

Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom.

You know, I'm not to sure what I'm looking for myself !

I do find that the smell of the shop can be overpowering, so I can't smell the perfume that I use. So it is not exactly the smell of the shop that I'm looking for, but a perfume that doesn't disappear in the overall smell.

Thanks for thinking with me !

I do find that the smell of the shop can be overpowering, so I can't smell the perfume that I use. So it is not exactly the smell of the shop that I'm looking for, but a perfume that doesn't disappear in the overall smell.

Weeeellll.....

Lush stores always seem fairly heavy on the floral and fruity sweet top notes. There are other scents that people like to layer with scents like that to give them more base. I think I saw something just today. *goes hunting*

Not finding it. Ah well.

Anyhow, usually it is the darker scents that people are layering with the floral and fruit ones. Possibly something with Patchouli, woods or Vetiver...If your skin behaves well with those.

Weeeellll.....

Lush stores always seem fairly heavy on the floral and fruity sweet top notes. There are other scents that people like to layer with scents like that to give them more base. I think I saw something just today. *goes hunting*

Not finding it. Ah well.

Anyhow, usually it is the darker scents that people are layering with the floral and fruit ones. Possibly something with Patchouli, woods or Vetiver...If your skin behaves well with those.

that is an idea !!

patchouli doesn't totally agree with me, but I wil go out to hunt for vetiver notes ! And see how that reacts with my skin

I work in a lush shop and I do like the smell that gets in my clothes and in my skin (yep I walk around smelling like a lush shop LOL) but I'm wondering if there is a scent that goes with that. You know not something that smells like Lush shop but something that accompanies that smell so I can use a perfume that doesn't drown in the lush smell !

thanks !

Hey kyaatje! I'm a Lush SA too! :wave:

The only perfume I can wear to work and still smell is Snake Oil. I find that I can still smell the spices after a while, as not a lot of things at Lush are super-spicy, and if they are they don't really float around like the fruity, florally, vanillay things do---but since SO is grounded by vanilla, it blends really well too. Just my two cents!

(BTW, I love smelling like a Lush store too---do we have the greatest job on the planet or what?)

thanks !

The only perfume I can wear to work and still smell is Snake Oil. I find that I can still smell the spices after a while, as not a lot of things at Lush are super-spicy, and if they are they don't really float around like the fruity, florally, vanillay things do---but since SO is grounded by vanilla, it blends really well too. Just my two cents!

(BTW, I love smelling like a Lush store too---do we have the greatest job on the planet or what?)

It is the ultimate best job !! imo that is, I just love it !

And I do have an imp of SO ! I'm going to try that tomorrow ! Great suggestion !

I do love vanilla ! (are you guys getting all the new vanilla stuff to ? Heavanilly, vanilla mountain ...)

thanks !

And I do have an imp of SO ! I'm going to try that tomorrow ! Great suggestion !

I do love vanilla ! (are you guys getting all the new vanilla stuff to ? Heavanilly, vanilla mountain ...)

Good luck with the SO! I think I'm going to wear my new Snake Charmer tonight to see if I can smell that through the fog. I don't know when we're getting the new vanilla line... I hope it's soon!

[/hijack]

thanks !

Good luck with the SO! I think I'm going to wear my new Snake Charmer tonight to see if I can smell that through the fog. I don't know when we're getting the new vanilla line... I hope it's soon!

[/hijack]

Oh god, trying to find a BPAL to wear at work is a pain. I haven't tried my Snake Oil in the shop but now I'm going to do it as well.

And the vanilla stuff is going to be nom nom nom.

So I got Kuang-Shi in hopes of the Olive Branch similarity mentioned here but to my nose it's much brighter than Olive Branch and an near dead on ringer for Bon Bomb which is no disappointment on my end. LOVE it. :wub2:

thanks !

[/hijack]

Oh god, trying to find a BPAL to wear at work is a pain. I haven't tried my Snake Oil in the shop but now I'm going to do it as well.

And the vanilla stuff is going to be nom nom nom.

tried SO ... funny thing : didn't smell a thing in the shop and for half an hour after work and then suddenly ... there it was again !

Could be me since I have a cold, but ... I'm going to remember this as a succes : even if you don't really smell it in the shop, you can smell it afterwards so I can go straight from the shop to wherever !

tried SO ... funny thing : didn't smell a thing in the shop and for half an hour after work and then suddenly ... there it was again !

Could be me since I have a cold, but ... I'm going to remember this as a succes : even if you don't really smell it in the shop, you can smell it afterwards so I can go straight from the shop to wherever !

I find that nine times out of ten, about an hour after I get into the store, my nose kind of goes dead and I can't really smell much of anything. That could absolutely be the reason.

And OMG breaktheranks, I LOVE Bon Bomb---I'm definitely going to have to re-try Kuang Shi!

My new question is: anybody find anything that smells like Porridge? I'm hands-down convinced that this is the best soap Lush has made since Twas the Night. I need it in perfume, lotion, shampoo...

Dana O'Shee is the only thing that reminds me even a bit of Porridge; the dry soap and Dana smell pretty similar. The Porridge scent when the soap is wet, though, is very sweet and quite unlike anything I've ever tried. (I hated it, actually; it was just too strong and odd!) Hope this helps at least a bit.

I just wanted to pop in and say I tried Suspiro this evening, and the throw is remarkably similar to Flying Fox. More than any other blend I've tried.

I am looking for something with the lovely Lush Silky Underwear / Alkmaar scent. I read back anf saw others suggestions. The problem is that a lot of those suggestions are unavailable now. Is there something current and available that is a complimentary or close to matching scent. I'm usually not big on florals but I love the subtle smell of silky underwear. Thanks!

I am looking for something with the lovely Lush Silky Underwear / Alkmaar scent. I read back anf saw others suggestions. The problem is that a lot of those suggestions are unavailable now. Is there something current and available that is a complimentary or close to matching scent. I'm usually not big on florals but I love the subtle smell of silky underwear. Thanks!

I've been layering SU solid perfume with Antique Lace, which is a powdery vanilla-cotton scent, so a bit in the same vein as SU, even if it is no match. Rose Moon made for a nice layering scent for SU as well, I think, but it's more different from the other two.

You might also like to try Dana O'Shee. It's a subtle soft scent, too.

I work part time at Lush. I've found Banded Sea Snake cuts through the smell, of course, I did accidently spill it on me, so that could be why I smelled it so strong

I use Twilight with Silky Underwear and Alkmaar, it's a GC in the Ars Morendi section.

I use Twilight with Silky Underwear and Alkmaar, it's a GC in the Ars Morendi section.

Thanks so much. Those were on my list based on my poking around and trying to match the notes I know I like.

I've done the search but can't find an answer to this one:

Any BPAL similar to Lush's Randy Buttercream scent? Love that boozy thing!

It might just be my skin chem, but I've recently discovered that the BPTP inquisituion Ghulwein smells almost exactly like Randy on me! :joy:

Does anyone have any recommendations for something that smells like Big shampoo? I just tried this and I'm obsessed.

I searched through the thread and saw that a few people had asked about it back in '07 but there haven't been any suggestions. Just wondering if anything has occurred to anyone.

For Silky Underwear: Dana O'Shee went strongly almond on me, so that didn't work. I found Veil to be a bit closer, but a bit more floral than SU. It does layer really well!

I just wanted to pop in and say I tried Suspiro this evening, and the throw is remarkably similar to Flying Fox. More than any other blend I've tried.

Oh YES!!!! :clap: Thank you for the heads up! Flying Fox is by far one of my favorites!! I use it as shampizzle and Shower gel. I also have the Flying Fox temple balm. Made of awesome, but now that I know that Suspiro will be similar (Jasmine?) I'll be sure to throw that bottle in my next order. Woohoo!!!

Okay, folks... What about It's A Date? I would absolutely immerse myself in that scent if I could replicate it. It fades too quickly after the bath. :-(

Please tell me someone knows a similar scent!

I'm coming to the end of my stockpile of Irresistible Bliss shampoo bars, which Lush discontinued last year. I'm heartsick, as I adored the soft, light floral fragrance. Most florals I get tend to be either very intense notes (such as Lady of Shalott or Muse) or smell powdery to me in a lot of the BPAL blends, but the faint "night-blooming flowers" of Snow White almost reminds me of the soft Irresistible Bliss flowers -- but it's not a good match because of the snowy scent (also, I want to hoard my stock of Snow White!).

Was anyone else a fan of this lovely shampoo bar, and do you know of a light, sweet, soft floral that would match in BPAL?

(And I see through this thread that no one's ever made a strong rec for Sympathy for the Skin... maybe I will make it my quest in life to see if I can find a close-to-dead ringer for that one, because it's the one I'd want the most after IB...)

Oh, CRAP! This is exactly what I was looking for. I see no-one has answered, and I am so sad. Irresistible Bliss was the best Lush scent ever made. I don't even remember what it smelled like, all I remember was that I loved it. Maybe someone will read this and know of a similar BPAL...someday.