Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

does anyone know of any blends that smell like Psychodelic bbs?? :P

i think i'm going to save my last bit of pyschodelic, to send beth when she starts making custom-blended scents again...

CuddleyBosoms my pet, I have no idea what's in Aunt C.'s Joy Mojo, but it definitely smells bubblegummy, somewhat like Rockstar. Another option might be Regan -- it's not fruity, but it's delicate & vanillary. Or Hollywood Babylon, which is strawberries and vanilla. Then there's always Gluttony, which doesn't smell like Rock Star to me, but is so sweet and foody that it might appeal to someone who likes Rock Star's sweetness.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but Flying Fox shower gel and The Caterpillar are a match made in jasmine heaven. Really, the most complimentary Lush/BPAL combo I've tried yet!!

:P

Hey guys,

A friend of mine was wondering, does BPAL have a perfume that's a LOT like Karma Perfume? She likes it and the Karma line, but it's kinda pricey! So any help would be appriciated...

If you can, describe anything that makes it more like Karma, or LESS like Karma, if that makes any sense.... Thanks!!!

--Mystina

does anyone know of any bpal that smells like butterball? it has cocoa butter, musk, and ylang ylang, as well as some other "perfume".

Hey guys,

A friend of mine was wondering, does BPAL have a perfume that's a LOT like Karma Perfume? She likes it and the Karma line, but it's kinda pricey! So any help would be appriciated...

I have combined Vixen with Karma, makes a great couple (but Strong :P )

Vixen is more sweet and orangy than karma and less hippy shop is you know what i mean.

does anyone know of any bpal that smells like butterball?  it has cocoa butter, musk, and ylang ylang, as well as some other "perfume".

Regan!

I've just recieved Samhain and love it. But I'm very much reminded of a Lush fragrance - what could it be???

I have discovered that as well as complimenting Rockstar, Jester is also spot on for Christmas Candy and Two Timing Tart BBSs!!

Strange thing is, I don't actually like those Lush items yet I really like Jester!

:P

I don't know if this has already been addressed in this thread. I couldn't find it, so...

I was wondering if there were any bpal scents similar to Therapy.

I used some today after my shower and it smelled so good, I didn't want to put on a clashing scent, so I :gasp: skipped the bpal today.

This isn't strictly speaking Lush, more pre-Lush, but The Raven is a dead ringer for Cosmetics-To-Go's Violet Nights range. Not that you can get it any more. *sniff*

I got a free imp of Old Kyoto with the last Lush forum group order I joined in with. I think it smells a bit like Sakura. Unfortunately I loathe Sakura with a vengeance (sorry Ctrlfreak):P but any Sakura fans out there might like it. Luckily for me, unlike with Sakura, (Old) Kyoto faded quite quickly on my skin.

Edited by leapylees

Last night I used a Lush Pud and kept getting wiffs of Morocco (or Dana O'Shee).

And this has been mentioned before, but...a Maiden/Potion/Santa Monica combination is just heavenly!

Unseelie smells a lot like a couple of Lush products. To my nose its exactly like Silky Underwear, Alkmaar and fairy Jasmine. Also Unseelie represent that general Lush smell when you enter a shop, especially around the ballistics.

Coiled Serpent smells similar to METTR to me. However, while METTR has a smoky, muddy drydown, Coiled Serpent has a dry, woody drydown. ETA: A closer match to METTR is Malediction.

Also, I think Luna (now discontinued) and Fever are similar. They're not exactly the same, but the jasmine in each is complementary.

Edited by Sheila

I find that Tarot: High Priestess smells like a mix of Snowcake soap and After 8:30 massage bar. It must be the almond and the mint!

In the wet period (my that sounds strange) Medea reminds me very much of Lush's Happy for S.A.D. shower gel.

And yes, many a people have confused Vixen for Karma perfume on me. So it's quite similar.

I think Celestial face cream (which I use on my hands as a lovely but expensive moisturizer--my face can't take the cocoa butter) smells like new Snake Oil--that plasticy sharp scent. (But it doesn't smell like old Snake Oil, which is sweet and spicy and dreamy.) :P

ETA: I'm wearing Dublin for the first time today. I'm always looking for a Jungle/Flower Tub scent, and though this isn't an exact copy (or even that close, really), it's dry-down is similar in feel. Less fruity, more powdery, if that makes any sense--but still very green. Yay!

Edited by Sheila

Pixie - -this is a bit late, but I just tried Masquerade, and it reminded me of a more well behaved Karma. Not as head shoppy, but all the good spicy smells.

I hope this hasn't been said before, but I think Malediction is insanely similar to Cosmic Dreamcatcher. Practically a dead ringer, but a little darker/thicker.

Anyone know of anything that BPAL do that smells of Hollywood?Just tried my first one of these yesterday and am in love with the smell! :P Sorry if someone has already asked this-haven't read the rest of this thread yet.

When I was wearing Florence yesterday, it struck me that it reminded me of some Lush soap, but I couldn't place which one.

Any ideas? MAYBE it was Hollywood but it's been a long time since I tried it.