Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I thought Oneiroi smelled very similar to Flying Fox, but it's a little more floral in a different direction from the jasmine. Make sense? either way they go along the same lines :P

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this yet...

I recently got an imp of Tarot: The Star, and on me, it smells exactly like the Trichomania shampoo bar in full lather!

I fell in love with Fever, so if anyone finds a BPAL scent that smells like it please let me know!

Or a BPAL scent that smells like the Old style of KOS.... Cake, yum. :P

I thought Oneiroi smelled very similar to Flying Fox, but it's a little more floral in a different direction from the jasmine. Make sense? either way they go along the same lines  :D

I am sooooo in love with Oneiroi right now...I wear it to bed everynight and yes, it does smell like Flying Fox...these two go hand-in-hand :P

To the above question re. Silky Underwear, I was told that Saturnalia has a similar quality- I have an imp on its way to me and will let you know as I am mad for Silky Undies!

Queen of Sheba and Snowcake go well together and so do Pied de Pepper and Red Devil or Hamadryad- which yes, also goes with Flowertub!

I know this has been posted before, but Dana O'Shee and Snowcake smell a LOT alike!

They go really good together, if you like Snowcake, you'll like this! It doesn't have roses, but it has that same snowcake scent, it's yummy! You should really try it...

And Grrlennyl, maybe something with Kiwi, or fruity scents possibly? I dunno, I'd think something fruity, maybe very sweet with a bit of a kick to it.... if you know what most of the essence oils are, maybe you could figure one out through it? :D I hope this is of some help... if I come across ANYTHING I'll let you know! :P

--Mystina

I would love to find one similar to Gavarnie/Flowertub/Jungle and one similar to Silky Underwear/Alkamaar/Fairy Jamsine/All that Jas - any thoughts??

Well, for Flowertub or for Gavarnie, I recommend Hamadryad. i wrote this in my review too :P

For Silky Undies, I ordered Saturnalia which I was told is like it and haven't received it yet but I will let you know.

I have Oneiroi which has a strong and great jasmine note.

let me know if anyone comes across anything else that matches these Lush items!

Hi All!

After reading through this thread I still can't decifer what would be best to compliment Skinny Dip. Here is my quest, my father loves Skinny Dip and even loved using Potion as well before it was discontinued as he has very dry skin. The two scents went perfect with each other. I am looking for a BPAL scent that will go with Skinny Dip for my father. I am worried that some of the suggestions made might come across as a bit too girly.

So far I have listed the suggestions of:

Carnivale

Velvet

Three Witches

Saturalia

Old Morocco

Regan

March Hare

As I have only tried a couple of scents (none of the above) and although I have a few orders pending thanks to CtrlFreak on the Lush Forum I am at a loss as to what to try and am deemed to be a BPAL Virgin of the highest order.

The result of my quest, which I am hoping you will be able to help me with, is to choose a 5ml scent that is male in orientation, compliments Skinny Dip with a base of Clove as it will conform part of my father's Christmas Pressie.

Any help?

Hi Cuddly :D

I too am a lover of Skinny Dip and the notes that make it special are the white chocolate, the cloves, creamed coconut and the mystery blend which includes violets :P

I would get a fragrance- do a search- that has cloves, violets and chocolate in it.

Maybe even layer some over each other? Like find a spicy violet that is not so sweet or too feminine for your father...I am waiting for the Faustus I ordered to get here :D It has violets with frankincence and cinnamon I think. That could be a good one and then get some Bliss which is milk choccie!

For Potion, I am waiting patiently for my Maiden to arrive which is supposed to smell like it.

Keep us posted...

On also, on the Silky Underwear note, I forgot to mention that I was also told that Faustus dries down to a similar effect.

eta: just noticed above where someone says march hare and skinny dip are compatible...and i also was thinking that b/f they discontinue the single notes this month, Cuddly, maybe you should get the Sweet Clove and the Violet singles.

Edited by lavinia

My new BPAL love, Venom, smells exactly like something LUSH. I think it's Sex Bomb. I'm 99% sure it's sex bomb. I'm desperately searching the house for a sex bomb to see if I'm right.

My new BPAL love, Venom, smells exactly like something LUSH.  I think it's Sex Bomb.  I'm 99% sure it's sex bomb.  I'm desperately searching the house for a sex bomb to see if I'm right.

mmm...I adore Sex Bomb so please let us know if that is what Venom smells like :P

hey Cuddley...don't know if you saw but I made a post asking for help finding something that smells of violets and chocolate with spicy/clovey in it and everyone suggested Old Sybaris!

They said it is violets with a cinnamon/spicy note and kinda reminds of chocolate- I think this plus Bliss- which is pure chocolate- would be a good combo for Skinny Dip lovers :D

My new BPAL love, Venom, smells exactly like something LUSH.  I think it's Sex Bomb.  I'm 99% sure it's sex bomb.  I'm desperately searching the house for a sex bomb to see if I'm right.

mmm...I adore Sex Bomb so please let us know if that is what Venom smells like :P

hey Cuddley...don't know if you saw but I made a post asking for help finding something that smells of violets and chocolate with spicy/clovey in it and everyone suggested Old Sybaris!

They said it is violets with a cinnamon/spicy note and kinda reminds of chocolate- I think this plus Bliss- which is pure chocolate- would be a good combo for Skinny Dip lovers :D

Yes, it's sex bomb! I found a sex bomb, used it last night, and confirmed that venom smells like sex bomb with a bit of added lime. Venom is gorgeous- do get it. I need to write down the progression of the scent next time I wear it so that I can do a proper review.

I would kill for something that smells like Lush's Brandy Butter Bath Bomb (discontinued)! I'm not sure what was in it, when I get home I'll see if I still have the slip with the ingredients listed on it!

I also need some more help  :P  my aunt loves Rockstar......is there a scent like it or would compliment it nicely?

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

:D

Thanks Summer  :P

Could you describe what Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo comprises of?

Ahh okay, I understand. :D I can see how that would be hard to decide! I love Rockstar too!

I was told Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo smells like Cotton Candy! That's why I ordered it (it still hasn't gotten here) and since Rockstar smells like cotton candy, she'd prolly like it. ^^

I can't wait for mine to get here!

--Mystina

On the sex bomb/fever thing- I don't tend to think they smell all that similar. Both have an element of sophisticated perfume about them, but I tend to think sex bomb is a bit fruitier, whereas fever is heavier, more heady.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that smells like Fever (especially since I'm not exactly sure what's in Fever, scent-wise) but if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

On the sex bomb/fever thing- I don't tend to think they smell all that similar.  Both have an element of sophisticated perfume about them, but I tend to think sex bomb is a bit fruitier, whereas fever is heavier, more heady. 

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that smells like Fever (especially since I'm not exactly sure what's in Fever, scent-wise) but if I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Thank you. :D Maybe it's the rose? I was told that Fever is more heavy on the florals (I think that's what I was told...) I know for sure it has Rose, Jasmine, and Sandalwood... To me though, the rose isn't the "run-of-the-mill" rose though... hell once it's been on me it almost smells like something I could eat...but it's not fruity...if that makes sense. O_o;;

I had NO CLUE roses were in it until I was TOLD... *lmfao* But I finally started noticing the rose scent in it now... so maybe that's why it smells more perfumey, or heavier, because of the rose? :P And thank you. :D

Normally I don't even like roses all that much... but I got a sample of Fever, fell in love, and knew Sex Bomb was in the Fever giftset, and that it had Jasmine too, so I figured I might as well ask... lol. :D

I'm thinkin' "The Empress" smells the closest (so far) of all the rose scents that I've tried thus far. I've tried about 10 of them. The Empress is in the Tarot oils area.

It has that same fresh Rose Absolute smell and also the musky sensual quality of the sandalwood. Yummy.

On me, Love Me smelled EXACTLY like Flying Fox. jasminey honey

Three Witches is a dead ringer for Wiccy Magic Muscles as someone mentioned above. almost smells like the Red Hots candies very cinnamon.

Take a bath with Marzibain, Butterball and use Cherie Ripe afterwards and then put on Blood Kiss- a match made in vanilla-cherry-smoky-creamy heaven :P

Also, I find that Snowcake and Sudha Segara or Black Pearl go great together :D

They both have the silky nutty undertone and milkiness with light floral that Snowcake brings to the table.

Nine Mysteries and Freeze are twinsies too.

eta: I can now happily confirm that if you love Skinny Dip, try Sybaris!!!

It is violety-chocolatey-creamy- spicy in that SD kind of way.

Also, a near match is Faustus layered with a touch of Bliss.

Strangely, Faustus on its own, which isn't jasmine reminds me of Silky Undies as well.

Edited by lavinia