Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Salsa Shark

Milk and Cream Notes

I am wondering about cream and milk notes. What cream note in Dragon's Milk is amazing! I want that! I wonder if its the vanilla or the honey or the combo of both?! :wub2:

Edited by Vanilla323

I am looking for a scent suggestion for a cream note.

The tricky thing is.. most cream scents that I know of have death notes in the mix, thereby making them unwearable for me :(

My death notes include: rose, violet, aquatics, dragon's blood, patchouli and must sweet fruits (raspberry, strawberry, peach, etc).

I was lucky to sniff some Love's Philosophy (which is hard to get, alas), and I think I'd love Glowing Vulva (also hard to get).

So, are there any other scents available that could work for me? Something with vanilla/lilac/beeswax/light florals?

From some of the scents I've tried, I am also a huge fan of the Milky/creamy notes...These can come from Milk notes, Vanilla, or even Tonka (which usually comes off as a creamy soft vanilla-ish note)

Some blends that I loved which had prominent milky/creamy notes:

Dana O'Shee (creamy almond)

White Rabbit (Creamy linen, tea, and Honey)

Pussy (creamy warm and sweet - mostly from the Tonka, Brown sugar and honey)

Aged Elegba (Creamy vanilla coconut and a sweet splash of rum)

Antique lace (There is a creamy almost vanilla linen note)

aged Dorian (creamy vanilla tea note)

I have not yet tried: Alice, any of the Milk Moons, Obatala...

Also, there are some promising blends from the new Lupers/Shungas:

The Vine (honey, pear & Vanilla cream)

Blossoms in Springtime (Vanilla bean, Vanilla Blossom, Honey, beeswax, etc.)

Also, as someone else pointed out, there is also BPTP bath oils:

Castitas

Bourbon Vanilla

From some of the scents I've tried, I am also a huge fan of the Milky/creamy notes...These can come from Milk notes, Vanilla, or even Tonka (which usually comes off as a creamy soft vanilla-ish note)

Some blends that I loved which had prominent milky/creamy notes:

Dana O'Shee (creamy almond)

White Rabbit (Creamy linen, tea, and Honey)

Pussy (creamy warm and sweet - mostly from the Tonka, Brown sugar and honey)

Aged Elegba (Creamy vanilla coconut and a sweet splash of rum)

Antique lace (There is a creamy almost vanilla linen note)

aged Dorian (creamy vanilla tea note)

The Vine (honey, pear & Vanilla cream)

Blossoms in Springtime (Vanilla bean, Vanilla Blossom, Honey, beeswax, etc.)

Dana O'Shee - Cannot wear it (too sweet/marzipan-y), but it's a good suggestion.

White Rabbit - Have it, but it has gotten less creamy and a bit sour/spicy (the ginger I assume) with age (have it since 2007).

Pussy - Always wanted to try this, but I am worried about the brown sugar which normally tends to smell like burned coffee on me.

Elegba - Totally on me MUST GET list. I am a coconut lover, so go figure.

Antique Lace - Oh, if it were possible.. ;)

Dorian - Have it and will see how it smells with age (already love it fresh, so nothing lost there).

I almost ordered The Vine, but I was worried about the pear. Perilous Parlor also has pear and vanilla and was really plastic-y sweet on me. But I might try to get a decant. Blossoms in Springtime seems like THE scent for me, so I can hardly wait for it to arrive. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions!

Although I love vanilla/tonka and even creamy vanilla flower, I really want to try actual cream notes (like cream accord), as I'm trying to find a substitute for Love's Philosophy.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Entangled; it's a bit too heavy on the honey for me, but it has ginger cream as a note. It certainly is very creamy, and even a bit green and smokey from the kudzu.

If the honey had been lighter, this would've worked out well on me. It started out so promising, but someone who amps honey a bit less might have better luck than I.

Morocco obviously has a sweet creaminess that I think comes from the carnations? It's pretty amazing. Haunt's Gloomy Sunday has REALLY similar notes, and may even be a bit creamier thanks to the 'warm spiced tea'.

Monsterbait: biggerCritter is the creamiest grapefruit-jasmine blend I've had the courtesy of owning. :wub2: Sprinklecake goes to loads of cake and creamy frosting, and Mother Ginger fades to ginger and marshmallow cream. Lyonesse is another one that's gold and creamy on me, but not as much as Glowing Vulva.

Gardenia notes sometimes go really creamy on me without having any actual cream notes. Little Flora is simply peony and cream, but unlike gardenia the peony overwhelms any creaminess I might've gotten from it.

Other retailers like Nocturne Alchemy has Bes; it's a spicy-cream scent that's simultaneously a powerful and delicate cup of chai. Honey, if you're looking for lilac notes, their Lilac Kobalt is one of the best I've ever tried (except for a Chaos Theory I bought recently >.>) for lilac and amber notes. It almost goes entirely into a creamy lilac single-note with just a hint of spicy, resiny depth.

Blossoms in Springtime-Vanilla bean and vanilla blossom, golden honey, antiqued amber, beeswax, copal, lotus blossom, and helichrysum.

Only faintly floral to my nose and is actually mostly sweet vanilla and honey. There's juuuust enough soft florals in there to make the scent complex and keep it from becoming too cakey. Similar to Beaver Moon but with amber and soft flowers. Beaver Moon would also be a great milk/cream scent.

Has anyone suggested Alice ?

Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

The carnation tends to overpower this one on me as I wear it, but if carnation behaves on you, this could be a good one for you to try.

I have a odd request for a scent... :lol:

I want something that smells like Strawberry Milk tastes. Like good old strawberry syrup (or Nestle powder) in milk stir it up and smell! Or something like a strawberry milkshake maybe would work...sweet strawberry (no green) and vanilla. :yum:

Hope you guys can help...

I have a odd request for a scent... :lol:

I want something that smells like Strawberry Milk tastes. Like good old strawberry syrup (or Nestle powder) in milk stir it up and smell! Or something like a strawberry milkshake maybe would work...sweet strawberry (no green) and vanilla. :yum:

Hope you guys can help...

I can't think of anything that is just strawberry plus milk/cream, but here's some past LE's that may be helpful:

BEAVER MOON 2007: For your pleasure and amusement, we present this year's incarnation of Beaver Moon: wild cherry with vanilla cream accord, and a hint of strawberry.

This has a very creamy, almost cheesecake-type base, with more cherry than strawberry.

BEAVER MOON 2010: Here we go with the double entendres again! Strawberry and peach cheesecake, heavy on the sticky glaze.

This is less creamy than the 2007 version with lots of sweet strawberry/peach sugar.

L'ESSENCE DE L'ENGOUEMENT: French vanilla, pink candies, strawberry sugar, and orange blossom.

This is a sweet vanilla/strawberry scent with just a little orange blossom.

WHITE CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY (Box of Chocolates 2009)

If white chocolate works on you, this is a very yummy and simple scent.

WHITE CHOCOLATE, STRAWBERRY, AND WHITE PEPPER TRUFFLE (Box of Chocolates 2010)

This was similar to the previous year's chocolate, but with a sweeter strawberry and lots of white pepper.

I should've listed things I've tried with strawberry. ;) Thanks for the suggestions TheIceMaiden! I added my notes next to each one...

BEAVER MOON 2007: This was light on me and faded fast

BEAVER MOON 2010: Sold this bottle off because it was more fruity then creamy

L'ESSENCE DE L'ENGOUEMENT: Again it was too light for me

WHITE CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY: This along with other older chocolate scents got weird on my skin but did smell awesome in the bottle.

WHITE CHOCOLATE, STRAWBERRY, AND WHITE PEPPER TRUFFLE This I never tried or smelled so hmmm maybe. :D

I did just get in a bottle of Love (Pickman Gallery) and it's sweet strawberry and vanilla...loving it so far...maybe this is the one! ;)

A notable entry in the creamy scent category is Young Pine Saplings (Cream, clove, ginger, and honey.) No good for those who can't do honey, but it's all cream with spices on me)

I'm curious about the new milk/cream blends from this year's Lupercalia collection. We have:

Love and Sleep: Fig milk, vanilla, orchid, and ylang ylang.

Plovers Above the Waves Rice flower, white cream, tea roses, abalone accord, white moss, beeswax, tuberose, and red currant.

Reflected Vulva Sweet pea, cherry blossoms, and sugared cream.

There might be some great blends among them, so I thought I'd mention them here!

I'm curious about the new milk/cream blends from this year's Lupercalia collection. We have:

Plovers Above the Waves Rice flower, white cream, tea roses, abalone accord, white moss, beeswax, tuberose, and red currant.

There might be some great blends among them, so I thought I'd mention them here!

I am SO excited about Reflected Vulva! Little Flora was a surprise hit for me and that's peony (I think) and cream. So I'm kind of expecting it to fall somewhere between Little Flora (for the flowers and cream aspect) and Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, which I also love (for the lovely sweet pea in that and while Mouse's is a creamy scent I don't get actual cream like I do from flora.)

I can't remember if I already ordered Love and Sleep or a different one (there were two tied for the spot I was filling) in the small luper order I did. The plan is to make a larger one before they go down. :smilenod:

I am SO excited about Reflected Vulva! Little Flora was a surprise hit for me and that's peony (I think) and cream. So I'm kind of expecting it to fall somewhere between Little Flora (for the flowers and cream aspect) and Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, which I also love (for the lovely sweet pea in that and while Mouse's is a creamy scent I don't get actual cream like I do from flora.)

I can't remember if I already ordered Love and Sleep or a different one (there were two tied for the spot I was filling) in the small luper order I did. The plan is to make a larger one before they go down. :smilenod:

I am actually getting decants of all three of the cream blends! I am very excited about testing them, and depending on how well I like them, I might do another Luper order before they come down as well. :D

Come to think of it, I am actually extremely curious about the "abalone accord" in Plovers Above the Waves...

Volcano in Springtime (Whipped vanilla cream and white sandalwood with a touch of lotus root) and Love's Philosophy (Vanilla, saffron, and cream) from this year's Lupercalia release are making me SO happy. Also, I'm a wee bit obsessed with my bottle of Peach VIII (Whipped jasmine cream and peach blossom with vanilla orchid and white frankincense).

What other standout milk/cream scents should we record here for posterity? :)

Volcano in Springtime (Whipped vanilla cream and white sandalwood with a touch of lotus root) and Love's Philosophy (Vanilla, saffron, and cream) from this year's Lupercalia release are making me SO happy. Also, I'm a wee bit obsessed with my bottle of Peach VIII (Whipped jasmine cream and peach blossom with vanilla orchid and white frankincense).

What other standout milk/cream scents should we record here for posterity? :)

Giljagaur (Coconut cream, sheep’s milk accord, and a drop of Ceylon cinnamon) is all warm creamy goodness on me. Fresh from the lab, it was almost a single note cream accord, but the cinnamon has started to come out a bit now that it's settled, and so has the coconut.

Oooh, let's see: (First off, agreed that Love's Philosophy is obsession worthy, and Volcano in Springtime is pretty awesome too, as is Giljagaur)

I'll add to the list:

Départ Pour Le Sabbat Bourbon vanilla, sweet red patchouli, oudh, goat’s milk accord, and white honey. I'm assuming goat's milk counts??

Adrastea Goat’s milk accord, white honey, cacao-dusted amber, white coconut, white rose, and benzoin

Those have been the standouts for me, recently, but Love's Philosophy totally takes the cake.

This thread has most of the cream and milk scents that I've tried covered but I feel compelled to mention My Baby and a Baby Goat!

This is pure milk and soft musk on me. So comforting, milk is so primal in it's soothing quality.

Edited by sprout

This thread has most of the cream and milk scents that I've tried covered but I feel compelled to mention My Baby and a Baby Goat!

This is pure milk and soft musk on me. So comforting, milk is so primal in it's soothing quality.

Sprout beat me to it, but I will second her! My Baby and a Baby Goat was one of my first BPALs. I picked it because of the hay and goat's milk, and the idea of a barn. Sprout is spot on about the sort of primal quality of it that is so soothing, and I think this is only amped by the hay and milk. It has a barn quality to it which is incredibly comforting for me, having grown up around barns, horses, goats, etc. The funny thing is I don't wear this scent a lot out, it's more for just curling up under a blanket and lounging around to me because it is so soothing and comforting.

Oooh, let's see: (First off, agreed that Love's Philosophy is obsession worthy, and Volcano in Springtime is pretty awesome too, as is Giljagaur)

I'll add to the list:

Départ Pour Le Sabbat Bourbon vanilla, sweet red patchouli, oudh, goat’s milk accord, and white honey. I'm assuming goat's milk counts??

Adrastea Goat’s milk accord, white honey, cacao-dusted amber, white coconut, white rose, and benzoin

Those have been the standouts for me, recently, but Love's Philosophy totally takes the cake.

Adrastea is almost totally rose on me, alas. A nice rose, though.