Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Donnababe

Almond and Amaretto

Both of these scents sound similar and I need help choosing please :P

There are some factors that may help me decide..

The potential booziness of Hellcat is very intruiging for me but a major no no is a prominent almond note.

So, which one seems the booziest but less almondly of the two???

Hi,

I have Hellcat and I can't detect almond at all. It smells like buttery rum and boozy at first....it dries down to the wicked bite part or a little more bitter. I love it. I'm not sure about the other scent. I have a 10 ml bottle of Hellcat, so I just put up a 5 ml bottle I also have for swaps if you're interested.

Both of these scents sound similar and I need help choosing please  :P  

There are some factors that may help me decide..

The potential booziness of Hellcat is very intruiging for me but a major no no is a prominent almond note.

So, which one seems the booziest but less almondly of the two???

Old Port Au Prince is quite almondy. I have a 5ml bottle. It makes me smell like an almond cookie.

--Amy

Late to the party, but old port au prince on me was bay rum and lime, and hellcat was hot buttered rum with a frangelico finish. Neither one was much almond scent on me.

I really love the smell of almond extract, and amaretto.

I've tried Bordello and Queen of Sheba, but neither of them really get almondy enough for me. Anyone have suggestions for what I should try next in this area?

Oooh, I love almond, and I didn't get any amaretto in Bordello, either. My list is restricted by the fact that I hate cinnamon, but keeping that in mind, these are some gorgeous ones. The almond in all of them tends to fade off fairly quickly, so you may have to keep reapplying, but I think they're all still lovely after that goes.

Uruk- warm, sunny, luxurious

Bastet- a popular favorite

Black Phoenix- dark, sexy and rich

Port-au-Prince- almond and clove! Mmm mmm, good.

Eclipse- I don't get the cinnamon in it, just creamy almondness

Voodoo- this is another almond-clove one on me, but the drydown is very different from Port-au-Prince, more incensey

Hellcat- this is super-sweet, and the most cherry-like of any almond scent I've tried

Hmm, I found Dana O'Shee to be very almondy.

And I know Bilquis is supposed to have an almond note in it as well. That's unimpable, so you'd have to get a decant off the forums.

Dana O'Shee is actually my second favorite scent (second to Eden), but the almond isn't really a stand out note in it on me. It's more of an oatmeal kinda thing. (Delicious, though.)

Bastet turned to bug spray on me, I didn't even remember there was supose to be almonds in it. :P

I had been looking at Port-au-Prince, since I do like clove as well. Little worried about the rum in it though, my skin really really likes to play up the rum. (Hellcat was one thing, solid rum, lol.) I think I'll have to give it a go just to see, though.

I'm looking into the other suggestions now! Thanks everyone. :D

Edited by Gardenia

Hecate is the almondy-est I've tried, but it sadly went to powder on me as all almond and cherry scents do. But it just might work on you :P .

The Organ Grinder smells like marzipan on me. I love it because it's an eerie, twisted marzipan. It's in Carnaval Diabolique so it's a limited edition--definitely check it out. Some people in its review thread say it's very, very almondy on them, while some say that they can hardly detect the almond on their skin, so it's one of those scents that hinges on your skin chemistry.

I find that many of the cherry scents end up smelling like almond/amaretto to me. (Maybe not Bloody Mary, the reviews don't mention that at least) So you might like that too.

From a male perspective....

I like almond a lot too, and Baron Samedi is one of my favorite GC blends. It replaced Demeter's Almond for me. It's a deep, dark, spicy almond scent that I love and it lasts for hours on me.

On the other hand, avoid it if you don't like bay rum.

Definitely try Black Phoenix, and maybe Asp Viper.

ETA: Oh, and don't worry about Forspecial's suggestion of Baron Samedi being too masculine if you want to try it. It's lovely, spicy and warm and as far as I'm concerned, perfectly gender-neutral.

Edited by blu°

From a male perspective....

I like almond a lot too, and Baron Samedi is one of my favorite GC blends. It replaced Demeter's Almond for me. It's a deep, dark, spicy almond scent that I love and it lasts for hours on me.

On the other hand, avoid it if you don't like bay rum.

Yes, yes. I keep forgetting to snag a bottle of Baron Samedi when I order. It is most definitely gender neutral imo. And delicious.

Asp Viper, to me, is really really big on the amaretto factor, too.

Seconding/thirding Dana O'Shee. Also, Port Au Prince starts out very almond/ameretto to my nose.

Seraglio has a scent that goes almost pure almond on me, anyway... Might be worth a try...

- bethany