Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Milk Moon 2007

A fertile scent, generous, life-affirming, and swelling with a sense of triumph, warmth, and abundance: sweet milk, golden honey, fig fruit, pomegranate, dates, and white grape.

Do white grape and pomegranate together smell kinda like pineapples? This smells like a little bit of some tropical fruit and honey in the bottle. It smells good on my skin for 5 seconds and then POW! Sour milk. :P

I was all set to be thrilled with this because Milk Moon 05 is fabulous and is one of my favorite Lunacy oils. But 07 doesn't smell warm or glowing or like buttery milkiness on me at all. It doesn't smell like milk that's gone bad or anything, it's not pee-yoo, but it's not pleasant, either. It just smells... off. Not right.

Stupid skin. I should have known better than to get my hopes up for something that had both milk and honey in it, two of my no-no notes. I'll just continue to be happy that Milk Moon 05 breaks all the rules and does smell good on me. Edited by quantum spice
added descr

MILK MOON 07

In Bottle: Sweet fruits

On Skin: First off, this scent is COMPLETELY different than the 05 Milk Moon. I’m not going to lie… I’m sad about that since Milk Moon is my favorite Lunacy. This scent is very pungent with fruits. The grape and the fig especially. I get a purple feel from this, and from a distance it’s quite nice. But close up the milk seems a bit sour mixed with all those fruits. Wow, a heartbreaker for me. It’s warm and comforting but also alive and sticky sweet. After about 10 minutes the sour funk goes away. Thank goodness! Not it’s just a fruity sweet scent… not very milky at all but creamy for sure. It smells like a creamy tropical beverage. So… a word of advice, give it a chance. While it may be funky for a bit, it morphs into a really pretty scent. Very strong throw and medium to long wearlength.

Yum! At first sniff, this smelled like a pina colada to me. The grape, milk and fig are the dominant notes. This is a fruity milk scent; very beachy and fun for me. If i didn't know better I would swear there was lime in there; maybe it's the white grapes that are tricking my nose.

The original Milk Moon is one of my all time favorite scents, so naturally I still like that one better. But, this version is lovely, and I do like it very much. I will certainly keep and enjoy my bottle. I wish it had a little bit more throw, as it does fade fast on me. Lovely! :P

In the bottle: pungent. Sour milk with overripe fruit.

Wet: More of the same. My 10 month old was crawling around on me and I couldn't figure out if I was smelling me, or him. :P

Dry: The sour and pungency recede and it turns into a nice, warm fig and creamy honey. Sadly, I don't think I can stand the first part long enough to get to the second part.

Well, my first attempt at a lunar blend... and I'm disappointed. Well, kindof repulsed, really... on my skin this is sour baby formula with a hint of fruit. The first time I wore it I didn't apply much, and for one brief breath of a moment 20 minutes after applying it was something smooth and fruity, like a smoothy yes, but then it soured again and disappeared. The second time I applied it much heavier to see if I could make that nice smoothy scent come out more, but no. Instead it was sour milk from start to finish.

Sad, really. I have Blue Moon coming, so let's hope that works better.

In the bottle: very sweet and fruity, but something that makes me think of lotus... it has that kind of bubble-gummy floral to it

On: Whoa, this has some throw. My hubby says he can smell it from across the room and I only used a drop!

Still very sweet and fruity-floral but there's a sour undertone coming out in it.

An hour later, the sour note's gone, but it's even sweeter and more floral than ever. I never got much 'fruityness' from this at all, except in the bottle, and now it's got sort of powdery undertones.

Overall impression: Not what I was expecting, I wanted more cream and honey, and all I got was very floral sour fruitiness. Alas.

Sweet milk and tart citrus, with just a hint of something barely floral. This scent is unbelievably sweet and lovely. Very refreshing, yet creamy and rich.

Count me as another who is disappointed in Milk Moon.

I rather like my little imp of the original -- it's not an everyday wear thing, but it doesn't turn terribly sour on me.

But this one, well..

In the bottle, I just cringed. It smelled very sour to me. Sort of like buttermilk or yogurt with an undercurrent of fruit.

Fresh on, not much better. I'm not sure what it is, maybe the fig, but add me to the pina colada folks.. but I don't know that it's really got coconut, because coconut tends to make me nauseous. But it smells JUST like pina colada yogurt. It stays thisway for quite a while.

After a good half-hour at least it dries down to something better and soft and sweet, but I just can't make it through the opening stages. It's too much like sour milk. My bottle already has a new home lined up...

:P EW!

I was so hoping for sweet/creamy/fruity/honey.

Instead I got bitter, VERY bitter ick. Tangy, vinegar, bad, sharp, acrid. Milk Moon she hate me!

I'm quite sad and I wish I knew exactly which note is disagreeing with my skin so intently.

Wow. In bottle this is a creamy honey'd fig.

Top Note: Honey, soft and creamy.

After 10 minutes: The fig is peeking through, but the creamy honey is holding tight- creating a perfect union.

1 hour later: Soft and feminine. Slightly floral, but sweet with fig, pom and grape.

My new summer favourite- sweet and charming, yet very sensual. No sourness at all.

Perfect for those of us who like to smell girlie from time to time, but amp rose to an ungodly glade air freshener.

*excuse me while I go smell my cleavage* *closes curtain* :P

The fruits in this smell very tropical to me. It reminds me a bit of a Filipino dessert, Halo-Halo which has fruits and crushed ice and canned evaporated milk. That is the type of milky/creamy note that I smell in this as opposed to a coconut milk. I really like the mix of the tropical fruits and the creamy milk and I think that this will be lovely in the summer. :P

When someone said that they got a Pina Colada smell from it, I was so excited that I almost did a little dance.

Unfortunately, this smells like baby vomit on me. Extremely long wearing, fruity baby vomit that smells from across the room. :P

straight sniff from imp is sweetened condensed milk with pineapple juice.... :D :)

once applied very much pineapple and milky with some fig...

fig and i play oh so well together!! :P

this has some serious throw and after 15 minutes or so gets very powdery combined

with the fig and fruit and milk...its gorgeousness in a bottle...i lurve it so :D

this is a sheer delight...i am so happy that this worked for me...and am pleased as punch

i scored a bottle from a lovely forumite...yay!

I thought that I would adore Milk Moon 2007... I enjoy the original Milk Moon and I LOVE BPAL's fig note. Unfortunately, this is awful on my skin. I am not one of the lucky ones who got this to work with their skin chemistry.

It really does smell like spoiled milk and overripe fruit. And it is sort of sharp and acrid like baby spitup.

Really... really not something I want to smell, much less smell like. I wish this had been more like the original :P

Edited by Blood onmy hands

I got really freaking lucky. I'm gonna be slapped if I ever go to a meet n sniff, I think. This is why: this turns into the original Milk Moon after about 10 minutes.

Initially I was kind of indifferent about the grape/figgyness... it almost smelled like cream and champagne to me. Then the "champagne" notes back off, way off, and the milk/cream pops out. And voila, I have the original Milk Moon! Uh, I have no idea why it works on me when everyone else gets nothing like it. But I love it and will be stocking up, for sure.

5 out of 5, wonderful!

Milk Moon's a real mystery. The first time I wore it was the day it came in the mail and it was simultaneously sweet enough to make my teeth hurt and sour/sharp. The fruit seemed llike they were coated in thick honey and the sweetness just amped unbelievably. It was awful. I kept thinking, "But it has honey! Honey always makes things better!", and refused to believe honey could do that to me so I decided to give it another try. When I would smell it in the bottle I got a little nauseous. The next time I wore it, the fruit hardly made an appearance and it was beautiful. Ditto for the next wearing. Today the fruit came out more, and it was more along the toothache-y sweet side but then calmed down. So I think that I may end up liking Milk Moon- we just need a long courtship.

Wet: Funky grape juice. It reminds me of the Victoria's Secret scent "Love Spell" that my mom wears.

Dry: If you like piña coladas! And getting caught in the rain!

Sadly, I only like getting caught in the rain. Wow, this is strong. Kind of headache inducing.

I think this one might be perfect to get my mother into BPAL, as she does enjoy piña coladas and would be happy with the halo-halo scent that portalkat ended up with as well.

Oh, this is simply heavenly. It starts out a little sharper than I'd like, but then after about fifteen minutes, it blossomed into this gorgeous pina colada- cream scent. Not too sweet, not too aggressive in the fruitiness, not too heavy on the cream... simply divine.

In Bottle: I smell the sweet milk and some pomegranate, with maybe a little fig.

Wet: The fig comes out on top with some white grape supporting it.

Dry: the fig and grape still come out on top, but there is a slight under current of sweet milk.

I really like this scent. It's calm and sweet, and it makes me think of a summer night.

Wow, go figure that I'm head over heels for Milk Moon 2007--Milk Moon 2005 was absolutely awful on me (so I passed in 2006). I don't get grapes or pina colada, it starts off smelling like milky white florals and after it dries, maybe just honey and milk in the nicest sense. Old Milk Moon was plasticky and rancid on me, so I got a decant of this year's Milk Moon just to see what it was like. I think it may make a place on my Top Ten it's so wonderful. (I almost question whether I got the same perfume that everyone else did.) I've got to get myself a bottle of this, it's absolute love. :P

Something in this blend reminds me powerfully of how Obatala smells on my skin. I get a weird buttery-popcorn/Auntie Anne's pretzel vibe from both of them. Here, I also get white grape... but the buttery-milk note is overpowering. While wet, it's basically all I can smell.

As it's dried down a bit, the butter-popcorn note has mellowed; the whole blend has mellowed, actually, and I have to stick my nose to my wrist to get a sniff.

I fear that Milk Moon and I are not meant to be. Barely any throw after a short drydown, and I can't stand the wet stage... someone out there's gotta love it for me!

*sighs* Well, milk scents are definitely not for me, as Milk Moon almost instantly goes sickeningly sour on me and never looks back. In fact, what it smells like the most is a slightly burnt mix of flour and butter like when you're cooking some sort of sauce. :P Which is not what I want to smell like.

Milk Moon is defintely not for me. I shouldn't have been surprised, because I detest the taste and smell of milk. But despite smelling to me like sour milk in the imp, I went ahead and tried it. Ugh- had to wash it off, and even then I could still smell it. Like a song that has earwormed its way into my brain, Milk Moon became stuck in my nose and I could still smell it hours later. Off to the swap pile.

I love Milk Moon, and Milk Moon loves me! It's rich and fruity (like a Pina Colada on me, as was described by someone else above). The milk doesn't turn on me at all, which is nice, and the fruits are rich and strong. Not overbearing strong, just... nice. I don't get much honey or milk, really. It's all fruit. Pomegranate and date and grape and dates. If I weren't saving for an expensive trip this summer, I'd hunt a bottle down.

It's lovely :P My only complaint is that it fades quickly on me, but that may just be today. I find all of my scents are disappearing quickly today.

Edited by ariosa