Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Milk Moon 2007

A fertile scent, generous, life-affirming, and swelling with a sense of triumph, warmth, and abundance: sweet milk, golden honey, fig fruit, pomegranate, dates, and white grape.

Milk Moon is everything I had hoped for and more! I was initially worried about the milk in honey in the description but I had no need. The first thing I smelled in the bottle was the nummy fig. It reminded me of a fig newton. My husband agreed with a mmmm sound. :P It dried wonderfully and when the locket got good and warm the scent permeated our car. I wore it on the long drive to visit the in-laws yesterday and it kept me calm and relaxed the whole time. The scent of fig was still going strong last night when I got home. I almost hated to take it off. :D A definite keeper!

Oh sweet jesus, I want to eat this!

In the bottle this smells like sweet cream with a hint of fig. I was chomping at the bit to try this one on.

Once on this is like the a perfect pomegranate cream. The white grape and pomegranate lend a tartness that's reminiscent of blackberry, but much softer and smooth. The cream and fig swirl at the bottom, lofting up the pomegranate and grape. The honey in this really work for me (a first). I can smell it mostly with the grape.

There's definitely a trace of the old Milk Moon in here. The cream is a little sour. It is offset by the sweet grape and honey though and creates a perfect combo. This version is definitely the superior of the two, in my opinion.

This is a playful, creamy, dancing on a cloud type blend. I haven't found any scents lately that I want multiple bottles of, but this one has broken the cycle!

Edited to add that the drydown is a lot like Eden. Sweeter and less bitter however.

Edited by Rheliwen

This is different than I expected. The white grape is so prominent to me (in the bottle) that I can nearly taste it. It's very concentrated.

On my skin and during the drydown I still get the white grape. It isn't until about 30 minutes later that the white grape calms down enough to let the other things come to the forefront. I get the honey and creaminess from the milk, and a touch of fig. And still that blasted white grape.

The interesting thing with this is that I like the whiffs I get from the throw. I end up with honey and milk and juiciness and a touch of tropical/grape. But if I smell it too closely or it's applied too strong, the white grape ruins it for me.

This is one of those that I neither love nor hate. It's sort of in that middle space for me. I will probably re-test this in a week to decide the fate of my bottle. :P

I loved the first milk moon. I had to try this one too. EXCeLLENT reinvention! he fruit lifts and matures the milk. and the more bitter pomegranate keeps the whole shebang from becoming girly. I'll agree this has hints of Eden to it, but Eden backed by the warmth of the first Milk moon sweetened by honey and dates. :P

There are no cherries of citrus hidden here, This is white grape and fig and pomegranate. I think fruit sometimes and get fruit punch. This is not it.

I get no funk at all from the milk btw, just sweet creamy goodness.

Like Polychrome, shelldoo, Wench457 and others, I've got a pina colada festival going here.

More data when drydown hits, but am rather amused by this first phase.

What a beautiful, warm, comforting scent!! I've been looking for some scents that still had a hint or two of the foodiness I fell in love with over the colder months, but were a little lighter and springier now that it's warming up outside. Milk Moon fits the bill perfectly. I had hoped that it would when I ordered it.

The dominant note for me is of course the milk itself, but I'm also getting a lot of the sweetness of the figs and the honey as well which makes this scent feel very cheerful. However, it's tempered and kept from being too sweet by the tartness of the pomegranate. This is comforting, joyful, unique.... lots of fun yet still very grown up. This will be something I reach for often over the spring and summer when I need a change from the light florals and aquatics I usually wear when it's warmer.

I see a lot of comparisons to Eden up thread, but it doesn't remind me so much of that personally. (That's probably for the best since Eden and I really didn't like each other much.) The scent I am most reminded of is actually White Rabbit. The milk note in that expresses itself very similarly to the milk note here in Milk Moon... at least on me. Just imagine the cleaner, crisper linen and tea notes replaces with sweetness by way of the fruit and honey, and that's how this smells on me. It's also very light and comforting in the same way White Rabbit was. Definitely in the same "mental scent category" for me.

Edited by glass_cat

In The Bottle: Grape and pomegranate notes snake out and make me sneeze. The seems very sharp to me.

On Skin: Still rather overwhelming and sharp, but I am detecting the faint hint of honey and milk.

Drydown: o00o, now that's pretty. The sharpness has faded and I'm left with a soft, yet assertive milk and honey fragrance with a slight fruity background. I like!

I really, really wanted to like this one. I love other milky scents like Sudha Segara and White Rabbit.

In the bottle: sour milk and figs.

On me: yogurt, with wine notes coming out. Sour milk predominates.

Drydown: Candles! Waxy, and the fig really comes out now.

This one's up for swaps, unfortunately. Curse my body chemistry; it sounded so perfect!

I had been looking forward to getting this bottle so much. I love milk and cream scents.

Wet: Wow, very sweet and fruity. I can't smell much of the honey and milk, this is very figgy.

Drying: Ughh, I can't get too close to this one. It makes me feel kind of sick. This has turned sickly sweet on me.

:P I'm really sad. I almost never buy full bottles, but I was sure this one would work for me. Oh well.

First Sniff: Spoiled milk and fruit. I can kind of detect a pina colada / coconut milk scent the more I smell it.

First Application: The milk is less prominant with the fruit scents taking over. I don't really notice the grape but the fig, date, and pomegranate are definately present.

Dry Down: Not a lot of throw here. Still milky and fruity but now I'm starting to get the fabled baby formula effect.

This blend is nice overall but I'm not sure it works with me.

Edited by Delight

very fruity in the bottle, not much milk. i see the pina colada comparison, because it really does smell like a big tropical drink - something tart/sweet like pineapple, but not really any coconut - so perhaps this isn't a pina colada after all. in truth, this smells very much like fruit cocktail to me, from a can. or a guava shake. strange. i confess i'm not getting much milky scent at all, although the longer it wears, i get a *touch* of creaminess. it's a pleasant scent, rather happy and summery, and i can see wearing it on a summer morning, to brunch or something. as it's not particularly sensual or delicious on my skin, i cant' really see milk moon becoming a favorite, though it's certainly fruity and fun.

In the bottle: Sweet milk on the point of turning, figs and grape. Very lush, with some tartness. It smells akin to the mango bubble teas that I so love. For me it's coconut meat, not oil; still I can definitely see why coconut is mentioned so much.

On, wet: Very musky right off. The milk has all but disappeared. I think I'm getting dates and honey, but through the musk it's hard to tell. Maybe some wine?

On, dry: So much better. The longer it wears, the better I like it. The drydown is intruiging, and it turns into warm cream & honey with figgy overtones. Very warm, lush and grounded.

I'll try it again in a few days (different chemistries in the month, y'know) and then decide if I keep both bottles or just one.

This is the first Lunacy I've tried. I never intended to get into them, but when I saw Milk Moon, I had to have it. After nearly 4 years of nursing two kids, I felt if I deserved any Lunacy, it was this one. :P

I love it. To me, it's perfectly creamy, sweet and tropical. It reminds me a bit of Haloa, in the sense that, if Haloa was (to me) a grapey-cherry cheesecake, Milk Moon smells like a tropical fruit cheese danish.

I know, I'm awful at this. But I totally love Milk Moon. I'm going to be very sad when this bottle runs out!

I was beyond excited for this bottle, as I thought it would be one of my Perfect Scents. But.

Wet: vomit

On skin: vomit

Drydown: vomit with a faint hint of honey

I was crushed. Tried it a couple of times. No luck. I'm going to try again when it's that time of the month and see if a change in my chemistry might help. I also tried this on right after my beloved kitty died, so I'm sure the stress and the grief aren't making for a worse combination (though it was wonderful to get a big box of BPAL on that day, all things considered) and skewing how it smells. But I kind of doubt it more, as I'm discovering that most of the time, fig isn't my friend. I love figs like crazy, but as a scent note, they seem to make me queasy, except in Eden, so far. :P

I would have been skeptical about a milky scent and probably would have passed on Milk Moon 2007 if I had not been in love with comptoir Sud Pacifique Matin Calin, a milky scent with vanilla and honey notes. I had a large bottle since ages ago of it but it ran out last year. And I would have shunned Matin Calin as something I would never wear had I not recieved a random sample of it with a purchase at C.O. Bigelow. I love how this happens. There are BPAL scents I'd never think of trying until I get a frimp of it.

Milk Moon 2007 works on me, though it seems like it won't work on a lot of people. I ripped open the package upon getting it in the mail because I was excited about Milk Moon 07, and as soon as I opened the bottle and took a whiff, I was hit in the face with a milky pomegranate scent. How lovely. On my skin, it's unchanging but after fifteen minutes, I begin to detect a hint of honey.

This is a keeper. I'll save it for special occasions as I only have one bottle of it.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

Bottle: Oooooh, milk and fruits, hard to pick out specific ones. Pina colada is right on!

Wet: Imagine a heaping pile of cut fruit in a bowl -- I'm getting peach and pineapple in my whiffs -- with warm cream poured over them. Lordy, this is good stuff.

Dry: Same smell, just less in your face. I was a little afraid the milk was going to turn on me a time or two, but it settled down very nicely. I got really nice wafts of it throughout my classes today. :P Unfortunately, now I am *craving* fruit and cream. Or a pina colada. :D

Lasted for ~5 hours

Verdict: Keeper. Not sure if I really need another bottle; depends on how often I reach for it. Still, I am very glad I jumped on this one!

ETA: Usually, fig and grape seem to amp on my skin -- so if you're concerned about the white grape, you might take a chance with this one!

Edited by Muse of the Winds

In the bottle: spoiled milk, bitter grapes and some kind of "earthy" smell, the figs? No honey, pomegranates or dates. This is not looking up, folks.

Wet on skin: OMG, getitoff, getitoff, getitoff!!!

Dry 5 minutes later (I attempted to stick with it): Baby vomit, ie: spoiled milk and spoiled fruit. And the figs. Apparently figs hate me and Milk Moon does too :P This blend actually made me quite queasy and gave me a headache. No, thank you. I actually had to try and scrub this scent off of my hand twice. Man, I had such high hopes for this one too.

Edited by circe_blue

I had high hopes for this, since I love milky scents like Dana O'Shee, Sudha Segara, and Snow White, but this was utterly horrible from first sniff to when I had to take an entire shower and use salt to scrub it off my wrist: rancid, curdled milk-with-vinegar-added. Grotesque. I'm so disappointed. :P

This has a sweet fruitiness to me that, initially applied, comes off as pineapple. I'm not sure what combination is triggering pineapple in my brain, but there it is.

I love this blend. I'm wearing it for the second day in a row, which I never do, just because it's so sweet and luscious. I, for the record, could not get rid of the old Milk Moon fast enough, so this pleases me immensely. :P

Ahhh, after the lovefest that is Pink Moon 2007, I was waiting so anxiously for my one lonely Milk Moon bottle to reach me.... I got it today and it broke my heart! :D

In the bottle - it's curdled milk and a sharp fruity tang. My heart fell, but I figured that once it hit my skin, it would transform into an indecribable loveliness.

When it first hit my skin - curdled milk, with pineapple. I love pineapple SO much, but the spoilt milk note is killing me. Literally! I got an instant headache :P

As it dries down - I do get the pina colada-esque vibe, but the strongest note is that dang bad milk note!!! Why, oh why??! I was so hopeful!!!

Meh.... Off to the swaps MM, where you'll be a dream on someone else with much better skin chemistry than mine!!!

I agree with several people here. This smells fruity, frothy and creamy and just like a Pina Colada. I love this!!

It last's about 6 hours on my skin and has a medium throw. I give it a 5 out of 5. :P

In the bottle, I can't really describe it, but since it smells nothing like it when on my skin, I guess that's ok.

On me, this is...exactly what I'd expect, from the description. Wow. Milky and fruity, maybe a little coconut. There's a bit of similarity to Dana O'Shee. This is milk and honey, with figs and grapes being fed to you by hotties wearing loincloths as you lie back and relax in the sun, or the shade, whatever suits you. Mmmmmm...

This one totally did not work for me. :P Which was really disappointing as it's the first time I've bought a bottle unsniffed. I was very optimistic because the notes seemed to be RIGHT up my alley, but as soon as I sniffed it, all I got was a whole lot of fig with a backdrop of sour milk. And on my skin, it's ALL sour milk. Some people in the reviews about used the word vomit, and well... yeah, that's about right by the time it completely soaked into my skin.

Heh, I want this lovely pina colada scent the others are talking about! Oh well, c'est la vie. Into the swap pile you go!

Milk Moon 2007 - I didn't care for the original Milk Moon, as I thought it smelled entirely of baby urp. I didn't have many hopes for the 2007 version, and when I applied it, the first thing I smelled was honey-laden baby urp. But almost immediately, the date moved up to the forefront, creating a scent that reminded me of standing in Jericho, looking over the date palms and being told that I was standing in the biblical "Land of Milk and Honey." As the blend dries on my skin, the date, milk, and honey, blend to become warm and creamy, and it still smells a touch like baby urp...but I like it, oddly enough. This is also when I notice pineapple. I know it's not listed in the scent description, but I swear I smell pineapple swirling through this blend, along with the occasional sweet touch of pomegranate poking through. This is a gorgeous, gorgeous scent. On me, the throw is light, as is the staying power, but it's definitely worth reapplying and experiencing the whole range of scents as it morphs on my skin, because it's just that good.