Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sarada

Taurus 2007

Fixed Earth: the essence of possession.
Rose, daisy, apple blossom, violet, poppy, columbine, thyme, and mint.

I've been yearning for some spring floral scents that agree with my peculiar tastes and I couldn't have wished for anything more lovely than what we got this month. Although apple blossom can be very powdery, violet can have kind of a "make-up" smell to me, and poppy has been known to smell kind of chemical and unpleasant in other combinations, this blend of flowers and herbs is an absolute dream for that tender, early spring scent I was hoping for.

It puts me in the mind of gardening on a misty morning, lovingly urging the tender flower buds and herbs to poke their green leaves through the soil. Some of my favorite lab blends happen to have thyme in them (Honey Moon, anyone?) and I really love mint when it doesn't dominate a blend. This incorporates those gentle herbal notes seamlessly.

Like its cousin Poisson d'Avril, which I also just sniffed, this is in the vein of a Flower Moon/Phantom Queen, slightly more gentle than Poisson, a slumbering bull in a bed of flowers. A misty morning walk in the garden, pale blooms shrouded in sleepy fog, with the aromatic herbs urging you on down the path. I can't wait to wear this one outside, since right now I'm just sniffing it at my desk, but it is a transporting blend.

Even if you're not generally a fan of florals (and I'm not), this is fantastic for early spring.

I'm a Taurus. I groaned when I read the scent description - rose? Florals? How could Beth do this to me? How could the woman who gets scent interpretations right all the time reduce me to rose and florals?

I ordered a bottle anyway.

And I take it all back.

This is a gentle Taurus, not the bull-in-the-china-shop-stops-at-nothing Taurus. This truly is a rooted scent; herbs and herb-like florals that somehow manage to convey peace, calm, being centered...

Wet, it's a quiet scent. Unassuming. So I tried it. Not much throw; herbs with a bit of rose come out as top notes here.

Dry-down: Other florals that I can't quite place come up. It's a scent that makes me stop, think, sniff again. Wonder how it feels so grounded.

Dry: Sadly, it's almost gone. After only 30 minutes. Until I sniff again. And then it's there - a scent reminscent of beloved posessions stored in a trunk scented with a sachet of herbs.

Nicely done, Beth. As usual - an unexpected twist that shakes up preconceptions and resettles them.

"Ferdinand the Bull" is how my husband described this.

He's just about right too.

This is so much softer than I expected it to be.

More than Taurus, it smells like Spring, or at least the Spring I've been hoping to arrive.

In the bottle, i was extremely worried, especially as it was a birthday gift from my better half and I didn't want to not like it.

Luckily, like most of the lab's creations, it doesn't smell the same once it hits my skin.

Roses and apples, and strangely, heliotrope, which I know isn't one of the ingerdients, comes to the fore once it dries down.

It makes me feel like wearing a flowy, flowery dress, wearing my hair curly and walking around barefoot.

Too bad it's only 40 degrees out.

in the bottle: flowers, namely rose, & violet

wet: roses, and violets. hint of apple blossom and poppy.

this is a summery floral. nice change from spring florals. it reminds me of a very sophisticated woman, in a billowy flowery sun dress, and huge floral sun hat, sitting in a shady spot overseeing her garden party.

Bottle: first thing I detect is mint :D

On me: mint, then herbs...

Very spring & summer, not all girly and flowery though. This is a tomboys spring/summer scent and very much me!

(even though I'm a Gemini, not Taurus)

:P

Another purchase that I was nervous about, but silly me! THis is beautiful! :P

I'm getting a LOT of apple blossom which is why I ordered it....and the merest whiff of rose and violet actually lending the smallest touch of balance. I'm also getting a hint of mint and herb and the whole concoction is pretty and springy, and rich maybe? without being powdery or overpowering.

I bought a second bottle already. I can see this getting a lot of use.

This is a sweet sping floral scent, with a slight herby twang. I think the sweetness is coming from the apple blossom. But I'm crap at picking out floral notes, so I won't try. I'll just say it smells pretty, and although it doesn't suit me as a perfume, I like it.

I get a lovely herbal mint from this, underpinned by soft florals, though I can't really pick out any specifically. It's a very pale kind of scent, making me think of the pale clear pastels that follow a setting sun down the sky. Beautiful.

Oh goddess... this is exquisite. In the bottle and on my skin, Taurus is a breath of cold spring air - minty, soft florals, sweet and delicate. It's incredibly dainty and feminine. Ethereal!

It's got a small throw, but it's strong up close. Even on a slatherer like myself just a dab is all I need. It's not a scent that should scream its presence. Taurus should be a whisper.

I love the bottle art, but on my skin the bull should have long eyelashes and be wearing a wreath of apple blossoms, like Clo the Cow. :P

Taurus- somewheres in Ancient Greece or thereabouts, girls in long white dresses are draping wreaths of flowers around the neck of a young bull.

What makes this exceptional for me is the mint. This is a somewhat light, fresh floral and what keeps the freshness is that light touch of mint.

I'm not too excited by most florals, but for a variety of reasons I did want to try this, and I also like to experiment.

It's a very pretty fragrance ~ a bit strong on first application, but quickly settles down into something delicate. I'm not good at recognizing floral notes ... but it has a nice fresh Spring-y sweetness.

However, my skin eats it up and within an hour or so I can't smell anything at all. I will probably try layering this with something more musky or incensey to bring more warmth and depth to the sweet florals and to improve wearlength.

I get very sweet, almost honeyed spring florals from this, with a nice sprinkling of the thyme and mint and a hint of fruitiness.

It fades by mid-day, which is sad, but while it lasts, this is a lovely Bull...Ferdinand, indeed.

In the bottle: Fruit cup!

First on: It still has a fruit cup scent at first, but the after scent is floral, but very heady. I like it so far, but I do hope the floral calms down a bit.

Drydown: The heady part has gone, leaving the floral fruit cup. :P Is this a jello flavor?

Overall: I like it, but not at all what I was expecting for stubborn Taurus.

I got mostly rose out of the bottle, which is fine with me. I'm pretty good with almost all of the Lab's rose blends. When it hit my skin, which tends to amp rose, I got the sweet fruitiness of apple blossom. There's something in here that reminds me of Pink Phoenix, but I'm not sure which, if any, of the notes are shared.

This is, for the most part, a sweet fruity floral. It has a bit of a dry, woodsy undertone, but only if I put my nose to my skin. And glancing at the list of notes, I don't see anything that would be dry like this. Interesting.

I would not have placed an order for this if I were not a Taurus. And it defies logic, nothing with this many flowers should work on me. Florals usually turn plastic or powdery (not in a good way) on me, and they threatened to do so while I was wearing Taurus 07, but they didn't because of the mint and thyme notes, I believe.

In bottle: Very strange. Top note of mint, with the florals right under it.

On me: Almost all rose, to the exclusion of everything else, but it's the good rose instead of the chemical rose. I like it.

Being a Taurean, I was so excited that there was going to be a Taurus 2007! I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Thank goodness for Minotaur, because Taurus turns to faintly floral dust on me. Nasty old potpourri. *blech*

Undoubtedly the most morphing blend I've tried so far.

Imp: Very minty with something strange lurking in the background, like a violet that was stepped on or something. (Perhaps it is the thyme I find odd?)

Wet: Minty and once on my skin the florals definitely start to bloom. It completely losses that odd scent I get from the bottle.

Dry: A warm almost spicy sweet blend of flowers, a hint of rose lurking.

I really really love this one after the initial stages! Definitely give this blend alittle breathing room before you make your decision!

Jenn

I'm a Taurus, but I've never been fond of that whole 'May flowers' cliché that my birth month seems to get stuck with. I opted for a decant of this one after reading the list of notes, and I'm glad I did.

The oil seems to have a psychotic episode on my skin, like it can't figure out who it is and none of the notes are working together. It's sharp, it's herbal, some mint is hopping around, it throws out some intense soapy notes... after 20 minutes or so, it finally settles into a sickly sweet apple blossom and soap, then it fades away.

Thankfully, this doesn't have very good staying power at all on me. This definitely isn't a scent for this Taurus. Thanks for the decant anyhow, Cass.

This scent is beautiful.

Wet: It's a little bit of rose and a lot of daisy with the thyme giving it a unique feel. It's sweet and floral without being overly floral - an herbal floral.

Dry: Similar to how it smells wet, Taurus settles into the skin nicely without being powdery. This is going to be my favorite Spring scent. I'm so glad I grabbed a bottle.

straight sniff from imp is fruitilicious, herbal mint... :P

once applied some florals amp up and calm down in a flash! amen!!

this is an absolutely beautiful scent...the rose, violet and apple blossom are

achingly incredible...the mint and thyme add a fabulousness that is nothing

short of spectacular....i need a big bottle without question :D

This will be a quick review, because this smells like straight up mint on me. This reminds me a lot of Carpathian Mountains, but on a much weaker scale. Pretty much spearmint gum on me, boo hoo!! Not much throw on me.

Not my thing, I only take my mint with vanilla (i.e. Tokyo Stomp!) A lovely scent for a mint lover, though.

Wow, this blend is gorgeous! I used to think that rose did not behave well for me but lately Beth has been putting out these great blends with rose that actually work on me skin! :D Taurus is surely on of those blends. As soon as it hits my skin it is a lush floral (rose violet and apple blossom mainly- but I am not too familiar w/what daisy smells like) with a touch of herbs. For a quick 5 minutes or so there is a faint sharpness, but it goes away and the same lush floral/herbal scent remains.

Taurus is one of the most spring-y scents that I have smelled in a while, right up there with Beltane (I suppose Poisson will be up there too but I haven't gotten it yet...). It's very reminiscent of a breezy day in the garden. Another pleasant surprise from BPAL :D

:P

I figured this would be a rich, earthy scent, being that it's a “fixed earth” sign... but it's all fresh florals and herbal notes. Weird. It doesn't seem like a Taurus blend to me. Mainly this blend is a light, herbal mint on my skin. In the drydown it's sort of powdery like spearmint gum. I was hoping the rose and apple blossom would be stronger as they're some of my favorite BPAL notes but this is just... kinda bland and boring in the end.

Taurus is a nice, softer floral that I rather like, until it dries, that is. Then it goes sort of funny in a way that I can't really describe. I just know that I don't really care for the morph.