Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sd357

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

Beckons all giant creatures from gargantuan reptiles and humongous moths! These babies are sure to crush everything from dollhouses to shopping malls! Can even be used to summon colossal robots in a pinch! A sweet and crisp vanilla mint!

I didn't get much time with Tokyo Stomp. The mint burned the crap out of me. My neck was pink and burning only minutes after application. I washed it all off and was left with a vanilla on my wrists that was pleasant, but not something I would buy. Edited by Shollin

I'm in the camp that really gets a cookie, thin mint scent from this oil. It's delicious in the bottle and wet on skin. After a while, the drydown is mostly mild chocolate cookie on me, with a hint of the mint. I was the mint didn't get eaten my skin, but it's still great, and definitely a keeper for me! I love the artwork, too. :-)

In the bottle: Thin Mints.

Wet on me: A soft mint, with creamy vanilla.

As it dries, the vanilla seems to disappear (as is standard) and the mint gets almost a bitter quality. It's also very very faint. I'll definitely try this one again in a week or two, but if nothing changes then it's off to the swap pile - I'd rather wear Nuclear Winter or Gennivre if I want a more subtle mint.

Ah, tokyo stomp...

so in the bottle this was ver very foody, with almost a caramel tone to it.

Wet, it goes straight away to vanilla cookies or those wonderful candies, mint-meltaways. the mint is not a sharp mint, a creamy and warm mint that I have been looking for.

As it dries, it losing the fresh cookie quality and sort of becomes chow-meiny. I know people have mentioned this phenomemon in other reviews (for other perfumes) and here I have it. It's not unpleasant, just not that rich vanilla mint I wanted. I was worried about a plasticky effect, but it only threatened to go that direction for a brief time and then didn't.

Overall, I can't say that this is the holy grail of vanilla mints for me. I'm glad to have tried it, and I will keep looking, but for now, nothing has supplanted Mad Hatter.

I'm keeping an imp for me and the girls and the rest will go off to be sold.

This was not the mint I was looking for.

Chemical, plasticky and occasionally downright medicinal... I get a scent of fluffy vanilla and thin mints from the bottle, and briefly on my skin, and then it just gets... strange. So here are the conclusions I came to, because I don't know how to describe how I got there: The vanilla reminds me of Black Opal, but TS is not a warm vanilla- the mint makes it strange. It works for me in Black Opal. It doesn't work in TS. I guess that's what it boils down to. Maybe it'll age well, though.

In bottle: oooh mint! but a rounded mint!

On wrist: Mint Aero.

Later: Mint Aero.

Following morning: Mint Aero.

I'm glad I like mint aeros!

It's the first scent I've tried that hasn't morphed on me at all. Lovely, well rounded, smooth, minty, vanilla, light and more-ish.

It's another scent I'm kicking myself about only ordering 1 bottle.

I ordered this at the last minute, after seeing the phrase "Thin Mints" tossed about repeatedly. I don't usually go for mint- I usually run away from mint- but it's so popular, I figured that I'd have no trouble swapping it if it didn't work. And yum! In the bottle it smells like thin mints with caramel. When I put it on, the caramel scent goes away and it's pure choco-minty good. It's milder and softer than I expected, and it doesn't really change much over time, besides the fading. I'm surprised and pleased to say this one is a keeper for me.

Wow! This is little girls running around in brown uniforms selling cookies happy. As it smells exactly like Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies to me.

First sniff almost had me thinking a York peppermint patty w/o the chocolate coating. But upon further sniffing the childhood memories of playing with yarn and macaroni flooded back to me. a Crispt, sweet buttery vanilla mint. Beautiful.

This is a great scent. I love mint, but somtimes wiht the mint scents it will be so powerful I get a headache but not with this one. Not sure if I will be wearing it but it will def be a happy sweet smell that I sniff when my monthly curse stops in for a visit and I need a pick me up.

In the bottle: mint. I get no vanilla, just mint. Well, maybe a tiny drop of white chocolate. Really, I'd be happy even if it stayed just like this.

Wet: White cake with a peppermint icing. That's a good thing.

Dry: First thing, it's very cool - not with regards to smell, I mean it makes my skin feel about 10 degrees cooler where it's dabbed on. I like this part very much. Smell - it alternates between the white cake with peppermints, mint Aeros (which I'm starting to crave), and... um... a darker vanilla mint? Hard to explain what I mean. It's almost an evil vanilla that's robbing the poor peppermint at gunpoint.

Overall: I love. My mom makes this amazing birthday cake with a white cake base and then a whipped cream/crushed peppermint filling and icing. It's so tasty, and Tokyo Stomp smells just like it. Perfect for the summer for me. Nostalgic and sweet and cooling and oh so nice.

Woah, this one is strong! I tried it last night, along with many other imps, dotting them along my arms. I put a tiny dot of this on the back of one finger, it was the only scent of the batch that just about bowled me over. (And some of the others I'd raelly slathered on.)

So, a little goes a long way, which is a great thing, I think. I'm not certain about staying power.

It's bold and true vanilla and mint, in equal balance. The mint is definitely more of a peppermint. As it dries, some of the sharp edge of the mint recedes and blends beautifully with sweet, rich, creamy vanilla. The vanilla note is really beautiful.

It's lovely and I adore it, but I just don't know if I'll wear it. Hmm. Glad I got the imp, not upset I didn't spring for a bottle. This one smells exactly like you'd expect, so if you think you'd want a bottle, go ahead and seek one out.

As a point of illustration, while waiting for my decant to arrive, I kept getting vanilla mint in my head, so strongly I could taste it. So it inspired me to make a vanilla mint milkshake. It's amazing-- tons of creameries around here, and *none* of them do vanilla mint shakes, or even have mint to add and make your own. Anyway, it's delicious and I highly recommend it. Turns out the actual perfume smells exactly like my milkshake. :P

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! It took my BPAL virginity & a bought a bottle of this unsniffed.. anywho..

In the bottle: Yummy yummy mint & vanilla both warm & cold at the same time.. reminds me a lot of mint humbugs.

Wet on my skin: The mint & vanilla take turns to come to the foreground & I can't pick out which is the dominant note.

Dry on my skin: The vanilla finally wins and the mint hangs around in the background but it still smells lovely. After a few hours a subtle chocolate note kicks in. This is definately a winner with me. I love it so much. :P

This one, while boasting some of the best artwork ever, was a huge miss in terms of scent. Imagine snowblind with an incredibly amped up vanilla, to the point of being nearly butterscotch, and you have a fair idea of how this one smells. Snowblind can hardly be improved upon in my book, and it would be an understatement to say that I am oversaturated on vanilla, so I was sort-of doomed to dislike this one by the sheer power of scent memory alone.

In fact, the only thing I could have possibly asked for in a "snowblind sister" was a more generous helping of cool mint- much like the fantastic LickIt. Unfortunately, Tokyo Stomp went in the other direction and amped up the candy aspects instead of the mintiness, and it became much too cloying. It's super strong, too, and I felt ridiculous wearing it. It's just... too sweet for me.

The sweetness will be a wonderful thing for many people, though-and for ultra-foody lovers, Tokyo Stomp is a must-try. Personally, I'll stick with Eat Me for my gourmand fix, and LickIt for my mint rush- at least until snowblind comes back around :P

This starts off rather well for me. Both in the vial and wet I get buttery vanilla notes with a strong mint underlying it all. It doesn't quite remind me of mint sweets as the two main notes don't seem to mingle very well. After a while all the butter is gone and the vanilla is almost undetectable. At this stage I basically can only smell mint, which is fine with me until the vanilla shows up again after about an hour and a half and jealously pushes the mint completely out of the picture.

Ai. I'm left with a vanilla blend only. I don't like vanilla that much, she's too pushy :/

In the imp, this is mostly mint. There's a tiny hint of vanilla in the background.

This tingles on application!

On me, the mint stays in the forefront, but the vanilla rounds it out and provides a nice base. No morphing as time goes on, just fading, though I can still smell it faintly even after 8 hours. Very nice for summer!

Name: Monsterbait: Tokyo Stomp

In the Bottle: Ahh! Thin Mints! How positively delicious! I thought this would be more of a York Peppermint Patty (which would have been fine--I love that too). But it seems the vanilla went bakery on me!

Wet: Still the strong mint! Vanilla is still the base, making my nose happy. I usually am not a big vanilla fan but I love it in this.

Drying: Vanilla is coming out a bit more, calming the mint finally. It’s blending together into a very sweet, but tolerably sweet, blend.

Throw: Fair

Evaluation: I’ll wear this, but only for special occasions. Every day would be a bit much.

In the bottle – Mint humbugs, brilliant

Wet on me – Oooh, this is evil mint humbugs, in the same way that Shub-Niggurath is evil gingerbread

Dry on me – :P Dry dust and ashes, sometimes I hate my skin chemistry

Overall – Another compelling argument for the purchase of a scent locket.

When I opened the bottle, all I could smell were freshly baked sugar cookies. It was definitely sweet, sugary vanilla all the way. I love vanilla, but it was way too sweet.

The moment it touched my skin, though, the vanilla faded and the mint came rushing forward. I absolutely adore this scent, and it lasts forever on me. Ten hours after I tried it on yesterday I could still smell it if I lifted my arm past my face! My boyfriend swears he smells chocolate in it, but I don't get that from it. Either way, he liked it as much as I did.

I'm going to have to be careful and sparing with this one, even though I love it to death; my skin just grabs this and holds on for dear life and it could very easily get overwhelming. It's definitely a wrists-only scent for me.

Undislikable - Thin Mints and vanilla with something slightly dark in the base, slather, wear, repeat.

In the imp, and on my skin, it smells the same. A true vanilla mint. The mint isn't harsh, nor is the vanilla too sweet and creamy. It's a perfect balance.. fresh, sweet, but doesn't lean too much one way or the other.

Absolutely genius. I want to eat my bottle of Tokyo Stomp. It smells of mint chocolate chip ice cream or those mint girl guide cookies. I swear I smell chocolate, I think it is the vanilla mingling with mint.

Once I apply this on my skin it turns in the complete opposite direction. My skin amps up the mint right away and blows every other smell off the plate. After about 15 minutes, the mint calms down and the vanilla reappears and just morphs into this subtle creamy vanilla scent.

I only wished I picked up a couple of bottles of this.

Bottle: Sweet mint. It actually smells like Thin Mints or Junior Mints. I don't actually smell -chocolate-, but for some reason the way the mint smells reminds me of those.

Application: Still minty. Less Thin Minty than plain minty. The Vanilla comes out, even though I couldn't smell any in the bottle.

Dry: It turned cakey on me really quickly. I mean, like ten minutes in quickly. It wasn't good cake, either. It was too heavy. I could barely smell the mint once it did this. I love mint, so this made me sad. It got better as it faded, and it was more of a light vanilla cake by the time I could barely smell it.

I like how this one smells better in the bottle than on me. As much as I like foody smells, smelling like vanilla cake (which I hate eating) isn't something I want. I was hoping the mint would shine, but, nope.

I thought this would be my minty one, but alas.

Bottle: Holy Vanilla, Batman! Unfortunately I couldn't smell any mint. It was just very sweet.

Application: Here was the mint I was looking for. All I could smell upon first application was mint and very little vanilla.

Drying: Once again, the vanilla took over and in not a good vanilla way. It reminded me of car air fresheners.

On the upside, it does layer well with Sportive Sun.

In the Imp: NOMNOMNOMNOM definitely thin mints. I LOVE mint notes though so this is like a dream.

Wet on skin: The vanilla pushes through a lot more once it reaches the skin but the mint keeps it from going into warm, baked goods. Both notes are strong but work together to create pure deliciousness.

Dry: Yep this is absolutely amazing. Why oh why oh why does it have to be an LE? I want buckets of this! Buckets! :P