Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sd357

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

Beckons all giant creatures from gargantuan reptiles and humongous moths! These babies are sure to crush everything from dollhouses to shopping malls! Can even be used to summon colossal robots in a pinch! A sweet and crisp vanilla mint!

i have to join the crowd and say: girl scout cookie thin mints. i seem to be getting more of the cookie scent, and not so much vanilla. the mint is mellow, not that bright or sharp. there is a faint dustiness or cardboard scent. almost a chocolate graham cracker scent. i like it, but i'm not sure i love it. i wasn't expecting so much of the chocolate cookie scent. it's nice though - a fun, youthful scent, for sure. will be good for warm summer days, with its cooling mintiness. i'm not sure this reminds me of tokyo though, because of the girl scout cookie association...

i am among the masses as well...

straight sniff from bottle is girl scout thin mints...heavenly :P

once applied the vanilla and mint are very prominant...

not any cocoa at this point but after a few minutes on my skin, a faint

and beautiful cocoa combines with the vanilla and mint...

the vanilla in this blend is the *best* to date that our resident mme. moriarty

has created... hands down!!

i am in awe and will love my bottle to pieces...nummy!! :D

My bottle of Tokyo Stomp smells different than the one I tried at will-call. At WC, it smelled like a candy cane on me (far more than Lick It), but this batch...I don't know WHAT it's supposed to be. It's still a yummy mint, but it's not as potent as I remember. :P I'm really not sure what to make of it. I wonder if it'll warm up and smell like coffee on me like the will call batch too?

Much later: Mmm...the drydown is even better than the batch at WC. It's not coffee at all on me, it's pure vanilla cookie. Totally awesome. It reminds me of Magical Omaha's French Vanilla. I don't know why BPAL cookies smell funky and dry on me, yet this works really well. Definately a keeper.

Edited by Teggy

Thin Mints- and I love it. Tokyo Stomp will not be the everyday summer, minty scent I was hoping for, but instead, it will be the scent for when I am in need of comfort while watching TV and relaxing! :P

Bottle: Mmmm, vanilla and mint.

Wet: OMG LOVE. Thin mints!!!

Dry: Less throw, same smell. Occasional wafts of lovely thin mint/minty ice cream as I run errands. Up close, I'm getting a kinda funny smell -- slightly plastic-y, like the way Snow White turned on me. However, this is easily overlooked for the fabulous comforting wafts...

Throw is short, duration is several hours tops.

Fella's Opinion: Definite increased neck-sniffing AND first EVER unsolicited compliment!

Verdict: I love it, and so does the fella (a FIRST!). I'm gonna need to stock up on this! Now, to find the money for it...

When I first sniffed this, it was a very odd vanilla and mint. I could detect the chocolatey hint other people mentioned, but it was still Odd. I put it away for a week and came back to it last night. Oh baby! Must have been post-shipping blues because it's soooo much nicer now. Yummy yummy vanilla with a hint of mint. This is a warmer, richer vanilla and a smooth mint. Kind of like the vanilla version of a peppermint hot chocolate. :P

I started to worry about Tokyo Stomp after I ordered it; I'd gotten a sniffie of Snowblind and despite my fervent hopes, it smelled chemical-ish and plasticky on me.

This doesn't.

In the bottle, MB:TS is incredibly sweet. Sugary syrup, like when I made simple syrup for mint juleps and put the mint in the pot too - but with a vanilla bean stirred in for good measure. I definitely get the mint-chocolate-chip ice cream whiff - this would be bright green, were it a color!

Wet, it smelled much the same at first, though the super-sugaryness faded quickly. The vanilla and the mint were still wrestling for dominance, with the vanilla - a sweet and lovely vanilla - winning. But then out came the mint. Bright, crisp, wonderful. And then, gently, gradually, the two scents came into balance.

Boy, is this a keeper.

Well, that sure didn't work out.

Bottle -- whoa, that's definitely Thin Mints! Cool. It's like Spooky sans coconut -- which is promising, because the coconut is what ruined Spooky for me. Mouthwatering.

On me, wet -- hmm, not nearly as nice as in the bottle. It's getting thinner and flatter.

Drydown -- ...and my skin has turned Tokyo Stomp into Snow White. :P

Don't ask me. I don't get it either. But it turned into Snow White. Now, I like Snow White. I have two bottles of it. But two bottles is more than enough, and I wanted vanilla mint. Snow White is not vanilla mint. (Thin Mints aren't vanilla mint either, but I liked the bottle scent and would have been down with it staying like that.) Drat.

Maybe it'll be better in a scent locket.

5/6/07 -- updating my review because I'm wearing it in a locket today. The scent stays much more true in the locket than it does on my skin, but it's just too buttery for me. I can smell something that I really like a lot behind the butter, but the buttery top notes are too much for me to deal with.

Edited by Electra

mmmmmm.... this scent is fluffy vanilla clouds with chocolate and mint raindrops. :P

In the bottle: Cookies!! Thin Mint Cookies!!

When I first put it on it was a straight up vanilla mint, lovely just as is. as it started to dry for a few minutes it seemed to want to turn into plastic of doom but luckily it never crossed the line and seems to be drying to a more muted and creamy vanilla. Not too sweet and balanced by the mint which keeps it fresh and cooling for summer.

I can't decide if there is some kind of chocolate in here or if my mind is filling it in, then again it's there so does it matter how?

On full drydown it is a teensy bit plastic right next to the skin but get an inch away and so lovely with a great throw the chocolate has unfortuately faded out but I still love it.

Oddly chocolately in the bottle and wet-- then a rather icky, sickly vanilla and peppermint.

I hate peppermint.

Off to ebay with this. I'm disappointed, as I had hoped to have something delectable with the vanilla and mint. Ah well, will keep trying...

Monsterbait: Tokyo Stomp - This smells like a yummy vanilla-mint in the vial. It smells like a very strong, musky vanilla blended with a sweet mint that reminds me a lot of the mint in Lick It Again. Unfortunately, as soon as I put it on my skin, one of the vanillas in this blend becomes very milky and buttery and starts to smell like baby urp, and the mint gets completely out-of-control, and the whole thing smells like someone's trying to cover up the scent of baby urp with toothpaste. The scent is really, really strong -- one tiny drop envelopes me in a very strong scent. In only a couple of minutes, the entire scent takes on a burnt-plastic scent that is so strong as to become nauseating, and it lasts and lasts that way and ends up getting washed off. I'm afraid this isn't for me.

well, when I first read the description for tokyo stomp, I immediately ordered 2 bottles. I've been on a lick it again kick -- the clean bright mint gets me -- and I love vanilla, so I thought this would be a perfect scent for me. now I'm not so sure.

in the bottle, and when first applied, I get a lot of butter (?!). the mint is there in the background, but it really is slathered in land o' lakes. that's not good for me. in fact, that's the reason I ran screaming from hearth. after 15 minutes, the mint is coming more to the forefront, but I really need the butter to cease and desist! maybe it's just a calendar-related reaction, if you know what I mean. perhaps, in a week, the scent will be totally different on me.

but if not...CURSES! :P

Tokyo Stomp stomps all over every vanilla mint I've tried; it kicks Snowblind out of the room and throws the Lick It twins out the window. This is THE vanilla mint.

In bottle: Peppermint and vanilla, but not a foody vanilla at all. This is lush, pure vanilla beans.

Wet: Definitely that cold peppermint scent, mixed with vanilla bean. But there's something else in there lurking in the background.

Drydown: It gets more and more vanilla-esque as it wears on, but this is where it gets bizarre: it gets a floral note. There has to be some kind of flower in this because it just comes out and trumpets itself all over me. The mint settles into the background, and the vanilla is the smooth, creamy scent of vanilla pods.

Love!

I love this one. It stays forever and the mint is extremely strong.

In the bottle:smells like a thin mint in the bottle.

Wet: Menthol. Not like candied mint, or an altoid. This smells like pure menthol and goes straight up my nose and hits the back of my brain. But there is a sweetness after that's just wonderful.

Dry/after: It just keeps getting more blended. If I take a deep breath of it it almost has the same effects as concentration except with a calmer feel. Like compairing the jolt from coffee caffine to tea caffine with tokyo stomp being the tea. The vanilla is more identifiable as vanilla the farther away I smell it from. My boy friend first thought it was those overly sugary vanilla cupcakes. And I could smell that too if I held my wrists as far away as possible. But up close something about that menthol smell made it almost smell like chocolate. Really a wonderful smell.

If I were to liken this to a candy it'd be a peppermint humbug. You think it's sharp/cold for a second, then you realize it's sweet/warm and suddenly it dawns on you that it's somehow both at the same time.

This is not much like Snowblind. *sigh* As previously stated, it has more of cookie note. Several people have said "thin mint." I get more of a minty sugar cookie vibe. No chocolate here. On me? Playdoh. Grrrrr.

I don't know what made me order this. I really don't. I mean.... mint? In a perfume?!

But damned if I'm not totally, completely in love with this scent. It's such a nice, soft, not overly sweet blend of vanilla and mint. I totally can't wait until a hot summer day to put this on, and feel nice and light and refreshed! I agree with the thin mint references... but that's okay, I don't mind smelling like 'em :P

While I love the way Tokyo Stomp smells in the bottle (just like Yankee Candle's Jack Frost or, as hologhost said, a minty sugar cookie), unfortunately my skin had a very bad reaction to the peppermint -- redness and burning are not good.

I don't think aging will help, so I'll pass it on (hopefully enabling the recipient :P).

TOKYO STOMP

In Bottle: Minty Vanilla

On Skin: YUM!! Wow!! I can’t even begin to say how playful and yummy this is. It is a very soft mint, nothing that clears the sinuses or anything like that. The vanilla is sweet and delicious and the mint peeks through playfully. It reminds me of that vanilla ice creams with bits of peppermint in it. I was to eat this off my wrist. YUM!!! Calmer than Lick It and sweeter than Snowblind. People have compared it to York Peppermint Patties, but I get no chocolate from it at all and it’s far sweeter and more vanilla. Maybe just the filling in the patty? Anyone around you is going to start salivating, that’s for sure. I am so happy I ordered two bottles. I love it!! Medium throw and average wearlength.

Oh man this is so good! In the bottle it smells like peppermint buttercream frosting, with a shot of rum. It's smells so rich, creamy, and boozy. The mint in this is definetely a lighter peppermint than Lick it Again. It reminds me of peppermint cupcakes. It lasts fairly long and has moderate throw. I want more! I love this!

Ooooooh!! Delicious!!! Definitely the perfect sweet mint scent!! I know this is a vanilla mint, but at first sniff it actually reminded me very much of those thin mint girl scout cookies. This is just glorious; seriously!! :P

I can't believe how strong this one is, it has a ton of throw. I have a light floral on my other wrist, and I could barely smell it over the throw from my Tokyo Stomp! I'm so glad this is strong, I'm one of those people who love to be drowning in a sea of her own perfume! :D

This is fabuloso!!! Love it, love it, wish I'd ordered another bottle!!

*big eyes*

I think that I got an alien bottle of this. Because it smells nothing like my expectations and nothing like any of the other reviews.

What I get is ... cake frosting. The super-sweet sugar-frosting that you get on birthday cakes for little girls when you buy the cake at the grocery store. It smells like that out of the bottle and it continues to smell like that on my skin and for a good, long time after. There's a hint of mint to it, but it's faint, like the birthday party is taking place in a garden where there's mint growing.

While I have nothing against cake frosting, I prefer not to smell like it and so this bottle is going to be swapped out. With disappointment, since I was hoping for a sweet mint for the summer.

Alien cake frosting! *grins*

I must have a wonky nose or really strange chemistry. I get MINT!!! while it's wet. So potent that I can't get near it.

On dry down I smell girl scout cookies 'Thin Mints'

Nice, but not wearable.

Almost all the reviews said the same thing - smells like Girl Scout cookie Thin Mints - and I was skeptical. I had to smell to believe.

It's so true. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said - delicious Thin Mint madness. It's got a serious throw on it, so use sparingly!

EDIT: My normal application is to turn the bottle upside-down with the cap still on, and then dab the cap onto my wrist once or twice & rub my wrists together. It was such a delicious smell I couldn't wait - but it was way way overpowering. I ended up having to wash my wrists off after about 45 minutes because it was just too much. I haven't eaten lunch yet and that sweet foody scent was making my stomach do acrobatics, despite the fact that I almost exclusively like foodies. I'm going to have to be very careful when & how much I apply with this stuff; it probably wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't at work.

Edited by Cacie

We don't have those Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies, so I can't compare it to that, but we *do* have 'After Eight' after dinner mints and to me, Tokyo Stomp smell exactly like that.

I guess it's the Thin Mints minus the cookie......which I don't actually smell either......

That being said....I :D this! And I'm so so só glad I decided to pick up another bottle with my Blue Moon order! ( I wasn't sure at first if I would need 2 bottles, because I love vanilla/mint scents so very much that I have quite a few variations of it......and I didn't think it would be different enough.....but then I read the reviews and knew I needed a back-up bottle! :D )

It has some serious throw and staying power too, so I think my 2-bottle-stash is going to last me a good long time!

Good stuff! :P

Yup - Thin Mints! It's mint, dark chocolate, vanilla and that sort of dry wood/cookie note. After about 45 minutes, the mint mellows and allows the chocolate and vanilla to come forward. The mint was a bit strong for me in the beginning, but seems more balanced after a bit. The whole thing gets creamier as time goes on. :P