Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sd357

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

Beckons all giant creatures from gargantuan reptiles and humongous moths! These babies are sure to crush everything from dollhouses to shopping malls! Can even be used to summon colossal robots in a pinch! A sweet and crisp vanilla mint!

this is simple, creamy vanilla and mint, and it's perfect!!! not too sweet, not too minty, refreshing and just a tiny bit sweet. :)

I knew I would fall in love with this one when I read description and I was right, this is pure love!!! Edited by milica

Yup; minty and vanilla; I think I'm associating chocolate with it, although I dont really smell it; like a york peppermint patty

ADDED Oct. 9:

Yup, this scent is true to its notes; vanilla and mint; reminds me of a York Peppermint Patty

Edited by Shollin

Definitely not my cuppa. What smelled like Thin Mints in the imp turned into this weird combination of cloying and sour on my skin. This is especially weird because I amp vanilla like no one's business, so at worst the mint should have just been overwhelmed. Instead, I smelled like a variation on the stereotypical old lady theme and actually had to wash it off. Definitely not the worst BPAL experience I've ever had (Florence, I'm looking at you!), but it wasn't pleasant and I was happy to rehome my imp somewhere more loving.

Tokyo Stomp

Vanilla and mint and... what? Graham cracker? Butter cookie? Sugar cookie? Chocolate cookie, maybe. The Thin Mint and York references are pretty accurate. It reminds me a bit of Spooky. Then the mint fades and I'm left with a soft foody vanilla. Yum!

I finally managed to get my hands on some Tokyo Stomp. I was so excited, I'd recently become obsessed with the vanilla/mint combination because of a particularly delicious candle that I've been burning like a maniac. My partial bottle arrived and I grabbed it and gave it the long awaited sniff... And it smells like chocolate with a hint of mint in the bottle. Ok, weird, but undeterred I tried some on. Immediately, I got the same eau de wet dog that I got from Snow White. As it dried down, my initial response was that it needed to come off-- now. Unfortunately, at that time I was out and about in a hot car, which only served to intensify that wet dog smell. I was a bit nauseated. When it finally dried all the way down, it finally lost that shaggy dog smell and instead morphed into kid-friendly new plastic. It's sweet, and almost a dead ringer for fresh Snow White on me.

Oh Tokyo Stomp, you broke my heart. I wanted something that was much more minty, much more vanilla, and a lot more refreshing. Instead I got a damp mutt chewing on a My Little Pony. This one is not for me, and is going off to the swaps. Oh well.

It's a thin mint on me, initially, but then the chocolate note dies out and it goes into a pure, sweet mint. Awesome. Great for when I'm not sure what I want to wear.

This is fantastic. It's sweet, smooth and minty. The mint isn't overpowering it's refreshing. It smells like an andes chocolate mint. I can see how people say it smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream or a peppermint patty. I need a bottle of this, it's so sweet and refreshing.

Such a great blast of cool fresh mint and chocolate-y sweet goodness when this one first starts out! Like everyone says, it's very edible and very refreshing, although a little sweet for my usual taste. The mint note is fantastically vibrant when wet. As the blend dries down, the foody aspects shift towards vanilla and away from chocolate, and the mint fades a lot. I still like the throw, but -- ack! -- sniffing up close gives a strong plasticky scent. Not a winner for me.

This smells FANTASTIC. It's a very cool, green mint, with a hint of chocolate and swirls of vanilla. Yummy and foody, I can definitely see why people love this one!

Mmmm this smells like Velvet and Lick It made babies! :D

Tokyo Stomp smells just like those Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mints to me...or like the yummy mint they used to scent the Strawberry Shortcake dolls (I forget which one smelled like this...hmmm...)

This is a nostalgic scent for me, lots of fun to smell, not terribly wearable (it goes a bit sour on my skin after a while). I will keep this around though, it's a lot of fun to sniff! :yum:

In the bottle this does smell very much like Thin Mints. :yum: When I put it on all the chocolatey-ness goes *poof* and I'm left with a slightly plastic-y vanilla mint. The first time I tried it I washed if off at this stage because to me mint is usually okay but not spectacular in scents and I've tried vanillas that work better for me. But something just kept stopping me every time I thought "I should really put this up for swap." So I decided to give it another try and wear it out through the plastic phase.

I'm so glad I tried it again. It dries down to a lovely more-vanilla-than-mint scent that will be very, very nice for warmer summer days. It's vanilla without being too foody or overpowering and the mint is cool and a little sweet. I wish the chocolate part lasted on my skin but I'll take what I can get. ;)

Edited by unlaced

This smells just like Thin Mints or Peppermint patties :wub2: How fantastic! Not something I'd want to smell like very often, but it's sweet, cool and refreshing. Nice!

Got a sniffy of this in a recent swap; sniffing now. ...Ohh. Oh, that's good. It smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Damnit, I may have to find a bottle of this.

EDIT: Can has bottle!

In the bottle, this smells like mint chocolate. This is gonna be good.

On my skin at first, it's a very sharp mint with chocolate lurking underneath as it mellows. We'll see what the drydown does here. The mint mellows on the drydown because of the vanilla, but is still a bit crisp. Either way, got comparisons to Mint Meltaways and NOM from two of the little sisters. I likes.

Edited by Venneh

Whereas Snowblind was far too buttery for my tastes and How Doth the Little Crocodile has cedar in it, Tokyo Stomp is, indeed, the perfect crisp mint. Mint takes front and center--no butter note of doom for me--and it has fair lasting power. GRARGH! Tokyo Stomp gooooood.

In the bottle - I'm going to compare this to Lick it Again, only it has some more vanilla in it. It's not a straight vanilla, but more like a french vanilla. It's nice, though. Very smooth.

Wet - Mmm, I wish there were -more- mint.

Drying - It's hard to describe the difference, but this isn't as sweet as Lick it Again. The mint is more robust, with the vanilla (still leaning towards "french vanilla") has almost a darkness to it. It draws my nose to it, giving me that sinus tingle that you get with mints. But it's not overpowering mint nor candy mint. It comes across as a part of a whole, blended together. Refreshing!

Dry (3 hours) - Oh, it's -that- kind of vanilla. :( As time went on, this went more and more sour plastic on me. Now it's all that and no mint.

Overall - Darn you, vanilla!

In the decant this smelled heavenly! Like vanilla with buttery chocolate and a slight hint of mint. I felt like I was in the kitchen baking vanilla and chocolate swirl cookies! In the background I could smell something slightly like play dough, but I didn't really mind it and thought that it would probably go away on skin.

On my skin it stayed more or less the same amazing scent, but after a while I noticed the play dough smell becoming more and more prominant. An hour late it is all butter, play dough, and some cocoa. I wish the mint had stuck around and this hadn't turned so play dough-y on me. Its a nice smell, but a little too warm and BUTTERY for me. It feels like that kitchen from before has become more hot and stuffy. Dang that skin chemistry for amping that silly play dough scent!

EDIT: Wow. Tried it the other day and the buttery play dough scent is gone and has taken on more of a smokey quality. I can also really smell the mint now! I'll wear this when I want to feel warm and delicious. AHHH I want to eat my arm! Smokey vanilla + dry chocolate + butter + mint = LOVE. I'm tracking down a bottle!!!

Edited by ciaobonefish

In bottle: Smells like Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies.

Wet: Mint, chocolate and cookie, medium throw.

Drydown: Vanilla has, for once, stayed pure. Still quite minty. Chocolate has calmed down a bit, but there’s still a bit of a cookie smell.

Later: Minty vanilla, with a touch of cookie. Love this!

I love the combination of vanilla and mint, but I don't know how I feel about this one. It's a very sugary, buttery, candy-like mint, and as others have mentioned, there is a plasticky edge to it on my skin. I prefer a sharper mint note to contrast with the sweet vanilla-- this is a very soft-edged mint, like buttermint candies, which I don't really like. It also fades really quickly on me, to the point that within 10 minutes I can barely tell where I put it on.

I'm really glad that a generous BPALer gifted me with a half-decant so I could try this, but I don't think I'll be hunting down any more-- the Lick Its might be more to my taste.

At first on my skin, this reminds me of the Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies. Not sure where the hint of chocolate is coming from, but it is almost a perfect duplicate.... Crazy!

Eeeek! After only a minute or so, this scent turns quite plasticky on my skin. Nooooo! Why, vanilla, why??

After a bit longer, the plastic fades and I am left with a pure mint chocolate that is really more mint now than chocolate. This scent intrigues me, but sniffing the mint so much is giving me a bit of a headache. Will have to see how it lasts in the long run.

*EDIT* Hee hee! I just read through a few other reviews and am glad to see that I am not the only one who smelled Thin Mints. Girl Scout Cookies FTW!

*EDIT2* Sadly, this one turns kinda icky after a half hour or so.....

Edited by Catseyes

In the bottle, this smells like a complex but utterly lovely chocolate mint! On my skin the mint comes out strongly, reminding me of an after dinner mint - soft, juicy white mint cream wrapped in the thinnest layer of dark chocolate - swimming over the top of something deeper. After a number of hours, what I thought was chocolate has died down and changed into a soft vanilla laced with mint. Mmm.

In the bottle: a lovely creamy vanilla mint!

On me, wet: The mint begins to fade and the vanilla shines through.

On me, dry: A powdery kind of vanilla. The mint gets eaten completely, as expected since my skin does that with mint unfortunately, but it leaves a really nice vanilla behind that's a bit like vanilla icing sugar or something. It's still lovely, even if not the intended effect!

Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. That is the very first thing that comes to mind when I smell this either in the bottle or on my skin. Tokyo Stomp is a bright, happy scent. Reminds me of my Girl Scout days.

Much love to sunshinedaisybliss for giving me a bit of this to try! :wub2:

It was a little harsh in the imp and freshly applied, but after it settled a bit it was a lovely sweet mint. I kept thinking I also smelled cake, but I'm assuming this was the vanilla. My skin ate it all up within about 3 hours, but I didn't apply very much. It's really lovely... shame it's damn near impossible to get hold of! I will have to rely on Spooky for my minty deliciousness :smile:

I had't worn this since first acquiring a bottle a couple of months ago. I remember thinking it was a simple (yet lovely) vanilla mint blend. Much smoother and more wearable than Lick It.

Today, I applied it and wow! Its really knocking my socks off! I'm now smellin the cookies: Thin Mints and Nilla Wafers or Graham Crackers, covered in vanilla mint cream (like the filling in mint Oreos or something).

After a while the the notes all soften into a lovely, fresh, clean sugary mint scent. Much better staying power on me than other minty blends.

This is perfect for foodies, but its not a heavy winter sort of cookie blend. More of a light and refreshing and energizing blend.

Wish I had a couple more bottles of this.