Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sd357

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

Beckons all giant creatures from gargantuan reptiles and humongous moths! These babies are sure to crush everything from dollhouses to shopping malls! Can even be used to summon colossal robots in a pinch! A sweet and crisp vanilla mint!

Dear mint;

I love you so much. Why don't you love me? You stick around for just a little while, and then you vanish.

WHYWHYWHY,
becky

So, anyway -- Tokyo stomp is like a Thin Mint cookie. This is what I wanted Spooky to be. And then the mint vanishes and I'm left with a weird combination of vanilla, anise (wtf?), and chocolate. I love it, don't get me wrong, but I know this is not what it's supposed to be. HOWEVER, that being said? It's still incredible and I love it! I just wish my skin wasn't so sucky about mint notes.

I was disappointed when the early reviews for Tokyo Stomp were posted because I had ordered it expecting vanilla mint and there were all these people comparing it to Thin Mint cookies and chocolate chip mint ice cream. And they were right. Tokyo Stomp smells like really sweet chocolate and mint in the bottle.

On my skin, it goes very plasticky for a while, and the vanilla does come out but the plastic is in the way. Chocolate-, mint-, vanilla-flavored plastic. Euwww.

Most of the plastic smell goes away eventually and I'm left with a weak version of the cool, clear, clean vanilla mint in Snow-Flakes (which I adore!), but with a whiff of plastic and an undertone of overly sweet, almost artificial-smelling chocolate. Not my cup of tea at all, so I'll eventually get around to swapping this away to someone who likes it.

In the imp: Sweet mint candy!

Wet: The vanilla's a little more noticeable when wet. The mint is strong, but not harsh. Sweet and delicious smelling.

Dry: Like some kind of awesome mint cookie. I love this! :P

I was so excited about TS and i'm not ashamed to say that it was mostly because of the giant dinosaur/lizard theme :P

TS stayed exactly the same on my skin as it did in the bottle. All cookies and an almost milky mint. Its is very foody and i very very much want to lick it...The mint is like if you have ever had an aero chocolate bar and you eat all the chocolate off and are just left with the bubbly mint 'chocolate' inside... A gorgeous scent and one i was sad to get rid of but i wasn't going to wear it and i knew if would get love somewhere else..

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

I just received this in a swap Thursday evening, and smelling it in the vial made me a little more than anxious to try it. My husband and I both felt that it smelled absolutely delicious, and I was curious to see how wearing it would be. Even though today was to be a crazy day, and I normally wear tried and true scents for such days, I couldn't resist. I applied it as if it already were an old friend. No regrets, either.

Upon first application, I can't help but think of Girl Scout Thin Mints, or mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's not that I'm getting chocolate notes, (although, you know, chocolate does have vanilla in it, as does many sweets) but the combined mint with vanilla made my mind think that. Fresh, and a crisp sweet. The kind of sweet that isn't thick, but both comforting and energizing at the same time. I loved the way these notes meshed.

Unfortunately, that stage doesn't last. I wish it did, I really do. But the mint gradually fades, until you're lucky if you can pick up on it at all. It becomes a gorgeous vanilla. It's so simple, it feels like a single note.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

4 : If the mint had stayed, this would have most definitely been a 5. Without the mint, it's practically a dead ringer for my other vanilla perfume, which I wore waaaaaay too long. So, despite this being lovely, I can see how I wouldn't wear it often.

Man. Godzilla must hate me! :P

This starts off promising -- the oil in the bottle smells like soft peppermint sticks (LOVE THOSE), but after 5 minutes on my skin I wind up smelling like every cheap French vanilla-scented candle I've ever come across. It's so sad!

Ah, well. I have loads of other great vanilla scents from Beth to enjoy, so this will go off to someone who will enjoy it.

Wow how dissapointing. My first bottle a dud on me.

Smells like fake mint in the bottle to me with a hard undertone.

Wet smells like dark chocolate with mint. Kind of like the altoid peppermints wrapped in dark chocolate. That lasts about 4 minutes. Then it smells just like licorice. Now, 20 minute later I smell like wet powder. I'm stinky! :P

bottle: yum! this smells like the insides of junior mints. or those minty girl scout cookies. :D

wet: minty vanilla goodness! i smell so yummy... must not nibble arm...

dry: still minty and vanilla-y. this is pure creamy-minty yum on my skin. now i just need to dig up a few more bottles...

:P

Yes, Gojira smelled like vanilla mint. BUT . . .

I don't know. I had the overwhelming impression of it being old, melted vanilla mint ice cream.

To be honest, it turned my stomach.

I remember when I bought this…I so wanted to find a vanilla mint that would work for me; Spooky was okay but it teetered too far into that chalky/plastic territory and since I could never find some Snowblind save for a decant I was lucky enough to win on Ebay I put my hopes on Godzilla to save the day.

Initial sniff from bottle-I do get the “thin mint” vibe..along with almost a graham cracker type of crust waft on the tail end. It smells really foody and yummy. I know..not my type of scent but I do have a soft soft for mint and vanilla.

Applied wet on skin: Thin mint wit a touch more vanilla…graham cracker is still there but it’s more vanilla and mint driven..which right now I am loving. :P

Couple of minutes on skin:-Hmm…this kind of starts veering into that plastic/chalky vanilla but I am holding my breath that it will come back to sweet minty goodness. Argh…I have to figure out what exactly is it that does this??? GTV works for me along with Snow White; yet Spooky and to some extent this little bugger kind of don’t. Still not giving up.

Ten minutes later:Softened up considerably and the plastic/chalky note has reared it’s head yet again on me..stupid skin chemistry. :D Just like with Spooky , this becomes a bit flat and thin. It’s not awful..not by a long shot..but it’s just not what it was in the beginning.

Darn. :D

Drydown: Slightly chalky vanilla with a tinge of sweetness from the cookie/graham cracker. Minty goodness is MIA

Lasting power is about 4+ hours with throw soft to average.

Bottom Line : MB Tokyo Stomp had potential to be great but ended up just being okay. I fall into the camp where instead of this being the perfect vanilla mint this turns into a slightly flat, thin, and a bit chalky vanilla mint. I still think there is hope in layering but my second bottle will be moving to the sale/swap pile. Can’t win them all; my hunt continues.

Mint has never lasted for more than a few minutes on my skin, so I wasn't surprised that it evaporated immediately from Tokyo Stomp, too.

Wet, this is a yummy thin-mint cookie. After it dries, I'm left with a bland, flat, artificial-smelling vanilla.

I wish I liked it. Ah well, swappy doo!

nom nom nom............ it smells like somebody opened a tin of peppermint cookies in here

the most amazing vanilla mint (I may be a bit biased towards this as vanilla and mint are both in my top five favorite notes EVER), I keep thinking that there is white chocolate in there but my nose must be tricking me from being so happy :D

like the inside of a thin mint, or this amazing peppermint bark my mom makes. but its not cold, its a warm and cozy mint, if that makes sense.

i may have to stalk down another bottle :P

I can't believe I've never reviewed this one.

I can't compare this to any of the other mint/vanilla/peppermints, as I've never been attracted to that combination. Honestly, I bought this bottle because of the name and label.

Luckily you occasionally can make a good pick by judging a book by its cover. This is a strong minty vanilla on me. Not overwelming, just potent. Just a touch and I get the same amount of scent as if I poured one of the lighter bottles on my arm.

This scent makes me think of taking peppermint patties and dousing them in vanilla extract (the real kind, not the cheap plasticky kind). It's not a scent that I ever wear out of the house, but if I'm just lounging about, or want something sweet and comforting before bed, I always seem to find this bottle at my fingertips.

In the sniffie: Predominantly vanilla.

Wet: It's the inside of a Junior Mint!

Drydown: No -- the umpteen million users who have compared Tokyo Stomp to Thin Mints are correct. Despite the absence of listed chocolate notes, something in one of the vanillas in this very potent scent does give it a cookie-like scent shape. Who knew you could bait Godzilla with Girl Scouts?

My skin amps the bright, sharp mint note to its max. Nothing wrong with that, but the circumstances under which I can imagine wanting to smell this minty-fresh are few. I mean, if I had a decant of this, it would be a scent of choice the next time I need to wake myself up for early-morning GREs. I wonder if it would be slightly foodier -- as I was hoping for with FIVE vanillas -- in a locket or on clothing.

Sniffing the bottle, it's very true to the description: vanilla-mint goodness.

It sort of reminds me of a sweet mint gum with an icy blast kicker.

On my skin, it burns/tingles. I must have really sensitive skin or something. It's not really unpleasant, and it goes away after about 20 minutes or so.

I actually don't get any chocolate notes...just icy mint vanilla. It's really refreshing when you need a pick-me up.

Tokyo Stomp smells exactly like what I was expecting!

In the bottle, it's smell like melted butter and sugar. It exactly like if the mint cookies were being made/baked in front of you!

When applied that butter smells goes away leaving a very sweet smell of sugar cookies and mint! :P

The scent didn't last for every long, for about 3 hours. During that time, the scent was getting me very hungry!

This is a lovely pick me up kind of vanilla-mint blend that is invigorating and refreshing without being overpowering. I swear I smell chocolate lurking in there, though I don't think I saw it in the notes. This reminds me of a peppermint patty, which I am a big fan of, though I did not find myself reaching for this blend enough to keep a bottle around. Very pretty though, and a tiny bit reminicent of Snowblind and the Lick Me series.

Edited by mystery213

Bottle: MMM. Thin Mint cookies!

Wet: MMM. Thin Mint cookies!

Drydown: Thin Mint cookies and vanilla ice cream! YUM! Seriously, this is one of my favorite scents. I'm halfway through the bottle. Good thing I've got two!

Wow! This is totally those Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies!

Everything stays consistant, from the bottle to my skin and throughout the day. I smelled like a lovely thin mint cookie all day long. The chocolate and mint was in perfect balance- neither taking over, nor both being too strong. The only disadvantage was a constant craving for Thin Mints all day long.

I love this one!

In the bottle, it's a thick, rich, sweet vanilla with an overtone of mint - like mint candy, not fresh mint.

On my skin, the mint is stronger, but not overpowering, over a strong foundation of vanilla.

There's something weird about the dry phase - but it's just a very subdued vanilla mint. This one is exactly as advertised.

I love the label art for this one :D

In the bottle this definitely smells like a thin mint cookie, but with a bit of sharpness to it that I find a teensy bit offputting. I'm not sure what the note is that's bugging me. It's almost something herbal(???), but I can't identify it. Hopefully it will be all yummy chocolatey minty goodness on my skin!

Wow, yes, I definitely get the thin mint comparison when this is on my skin! That's exactly it! Ok, wow, yum! I was wondering how much different this was going to be from Lick It and if it was worth to have both, and I think it is! Delicious!

ETA: This has become one of my favorite oils! It really smells like Thin Mint cookies-crisp and minty and sooo yummy! I've gotten lots of compliments on it! :P

Edited by Suu4LC

i'm not usually one for foody scents but decided to keep this imp when i got it in a surprize lot of imps i bought of ebay.

it's just sooooo yummy smelling.

warm, tastey vanilla and girl scout thin mint cookies.

nummers!

love it!

Nom nom nom. Thin Mint cookies.

Dries down a bit cardboard-y one week of the month.

Great for migraine relief.

As I am a fan of Vanilla/ Mint scents I totally wanted to love this one... but...

In the bottle : Wow - sweet, minty, cookie-ish, Chocolate..

On skin .. sorry for my words ...

It smells like a peppermint-bubblegum chewed by someone with really bad garlic breath , spit on the floor , stepped on , now sticking under a stinking

sports shoe - that stepped in a bunch of dog poo... :P

I never ever had it THAT BAD before... I mean,

Beaver Moon went just this awful on my skin, it gave me horrible headaches.. but

Tokyo Stomp is even worse.

Darn.. i wanted this one soooo much.. and now ?

I can´t detect what note does that on my skin... the only one which is in both of them - Beaver Moon and Tokyo Stomp - is vanilla.

But my skin usually LOVES vanilla.... *think think*

Oh well, of to swap...