Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sarada

Poisson d'Avril

Not at all fishy; rather, quite Springy! Innocence spiked with a little bit of foolishness: Lenten rose, crested iris, Virginia bluebell, primrose, moss phlox, blue crocus, daffodil, and dewy tulip with a touch of sugar blossom and honey.

Pure florals and I rarely agree. I got this new from the lab when it came out, tried it and thought, well, it's not terrible but it's very... mmmmm... flowery. But not floral-death-in-a-bottle as I feared it might be. It had a super cute label and I didn't hate it, so I put it away and forgot about it until, well, yesterday. It seemed like a good day to bust out the springy stuff. So I gave it another whirl and it really had mellowed quite nicely over time. Daffodil is a floral that I do like sometimes- like in Flower Moon '05- and Poisson has a milder hint of a similar daffodil note. The sugary base note as smoothed out the sharper flower aspects over time- the rose is not really a separate, dectable note to me, which is really a good thing. Essentially it's now one of the few truly floral scents I will be wearing again. It aged wonderfully. And the label is still super cute!

A very sweet floral in the imp, but the sweet is mellowing out on my skin and now it's just a light floral. Very nice, but it's fading a bit too fast. This might be a keeper if the scent will last a few more hours.

In the bottle - Okay, I'm normally very much not a person for florals scents, but this is surprisingly nice. It's very yellow in scent, favoring the daffodil and sugar blossom. There's also just enough honey to sweeten the bouquet. Unbelievable to me, I actually might like this.

Wet - Oh hey, there's some rose and phlox now.

Drying - This is becoming very green now, replacing that happy yellow floral. The rose is very wild here and the green is just like cut stems. It's like I'm holding a clutch of freshly plucked wild roses with a few other flowers mixed in for color. Oh, there is some nice play by the bluebell here, too. I've lost the honey but this is a sweet, very carefree floral scent that I like.

Dry (3 hours) - Sweet and subtly floral. It's very true to the earlier stages, but softer. And it is giving me a headache. Which is, you know, not so nice.

Overall - A very, very nice floral scent for people who don't get floral-induced headaches.

This starts off as a very light and springtime floral, very light, very crisp. A little nondescript for me, as I tend to like my florals with a lot of oomph and passion. But as it dries down, the sugar blossom and honey note add this perfect, light hint of sweetness that suddenly takes this into more interesting territory. When sniffing, I get a light honey overlaying the stunning florals, which smell blue, white, and violet to my nose. It's actually very beautiful and deserves the time it takes for it to dry down and develop this lightly honeyed floral sweetness. Rose haters relax, lenten rose is hellebore, which smells kind of like roses and peonies but lighter and less spicy than both. It's totally non-intrusive.

That said, this is still a bit too innocent for me. I really enjoy the smell of it, but it doesn't seem to reflect "me". I can, however, see myself wearing this before bed to induce sweet dreams of spring. I'm already kind of contemplating pulling it from my swaps page... but then again, I know this will be more often used in another persons hands. It's definitely a beauty, however. *she says as she huff huff huffs her arm*

Edited by obsidienne

Re-testing blends and seeing if they should be hauled off to the sale page...

Tulips and daffodil touched with sugar and honey. It's so very light and sweet, and after dry down the florals seem to meld together into one spring bouquet. It's wispy, and kinda airy, and the honey is prevalent. Will definitely be keeping this one. :wub2:

Bottle: Sugary Blue

Wet: Daffodil, blue-ness, Iris, all sweetened

Drydown: Springy, happy flowers. Less blue-ness.

Overall: Nice! It's a very sweet, spring-y scent. Cute flowers, but it's not the blue I thought it would be. I'll be keeping it.

Poisson d'Avril

On: Tons of sweet, fresh flowers. Very, very nice.

4 hours in: Powdery flowers. A bit soapy.

7 hours in: Soapy flowers.

Overall: This floral just didn't work on me.

First of all, super pretty label!

In the imp -- It's a very very light mixed floral.

Wet -- Wet sweet blooms with a touch of lily/tulip dryness.

Dry -- Just a lovely bunch of spring flowers, fresh and light with a touch of whites and greens. The sugar and honey aren't pronounced, but give it that very slightly foodie note that grounds the light florals to me and makes ti absolutely yummy. It reminds me a little of my favorite department store-type perfume, Quelques Fleurs.

Will definitely be on the prowl for more of this, since it's just what I want to smell like in a certain springy mood.

really really surprised by this one, since it's not at ALL my usual type of scent (musk, resin, dirt, blood, wood, smoke, etc.), but it's so nice. it's fresh and happy and young and SO SPRINGY! it's pink and cute and sweet- the sugar/honey notes really help the florals stay out of AAH POWDERY FLOWER territory, and it just smells so fresh and delightful. i was scared when i saw "lenten rose" but apparently lenten rose is actually hellebore and not really related to rose-roses.

this is so pink and pretty and perfect for spring. of course it's august now but this will totally be my easter scent next year.

Edited by porcelina