Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
requieminblack

Monster Bait: Bloody Mary

Why waste time chanting her name in the mirror 13 times? Bedevil your next slumber party the easy way! Chunky, glistening red fruits with sweet cream accord, black clotted cherry, and powdered sugar!

bpalbloodymary.jpg

First of all I must Squeeeeeee in shock because I almost did not order this but decided to at the last minute, and now I am really glad I did because the art on the bottle looks a lot like ME! :D (Well, me if I had lots and lots of black eye make up on and bloody eyes... :D)

Right out of the bottle this is dripping sweet dark cherry syrup and yummy creamy vanilla. *orgasms* This smells just like a black cherry/vanilla ice cream desert that would be doused with cherry liquor and brought to you set on fire...omg so good!

After a few minutes the cherry fades and the powdered sugar comes out in full force. (I am totally in awe because it really, really does smell just like powdered sugar!) On me this phase lasts the longest and it doesn't morph any more. It stays a gorgeous sugary creamy scent with a hint of dark cherry.

Conclusion? This is cherry vanilla heaven! Must. Have. More. :P

I did the same thing as requieminblack: I almost didn't get a bottle of this. I wasn't sure how it would work on me.

It's delightful!!! The cherry isn't overpowering or artificial-smelling, and the creaminess has a dry, almost woody quality to it that reminds me of Underpants. It really does smell like powdered sugar -- I think that's the dryness I'm picking up on.

I like this a lot.

In the bottle:

Sweet, syrupy cherries

On me:

I was a little worried about this blend after trying Enraged Groundhog Musk and having the cherries go a little "fake" on me. It made me think perhaps it was the candyish combination, because cherry scents had worked on me before in non foody scents.

I didn't need to worry, the cherries in this are bright, sweet, slightly tangy and absolutely deliciously sexy. Nothing fake smelling about these. There is another fruit in there also - I cannot place my finger on it. Whatever it is, it's tart and crisp and adds a slight edge to this otherwise sweet scent. The cream is really subtle on me, it just makes the cherry smooth and sweet. I did get powdered sugar when this was wet on my skin, but it disappeared very quickly.

Final note:

I didn't really think I was going to care much for this one, but bought it so I wouldn't miss trying any of the Monsterbaits. Now I feel like I need a second bottle, this is so beautiful and fun and sexy (I do always associate the smell of cherries with sex, gee I wonder why :P )

hmmm.

In the bottle, this is purely orgasmic. Very rich vanilla with some cherries. Yum!

However, this immediately turns to cough medicine and mild cat pee on me. That's not to say I couldn't get through it, though, it's just what it reminds me of the first few minutes.

Twenty minutes later it's more reminiscent of cherry vanilla but the vanilla never comes to the forefront on me. The nice thing is that the cherries aren't that awful super syrupy cherry, it's more of a candied cherry scent. I think in about an hour this might turn into vanilla, fingers crossed! This has potential but I don't know where it's going yet.

edited to add: tried it later that night again after a shower and a fresh nose. Much better experience the second time around. TOTAL keeper.

Edited by nikkoblue

This reminds me quite a bit of Lady Macbeth. It is very red & very candy-like.

Wet on my skin it is super-sexy, just like Brianne said, and I get sweet, ripe, juicy berries. After a few minutes it settles into both sweet & tart, but I don't necessarily get cherry, per se, just red candy. I like it, but doubt I'll need both bottles I purchased, so one is likely to find its way to swaps, eventually.

This is hard for me to wrap my head around as it reminds me of *something* I just can't remember what! Tart, deep red cherries with a hint of liquor drizzled over a perfectly delicious fluffy vanilla cake. It has that hint of cream cheese tang that I got from Underpants but this one isn't making me sneeze (thank goodness). The longer it is on the more the red fruit mellows and the vanilla cake goodness comes forward. There is just a hint of something spicy in there too.

Ecstacy in a bottle. Nothing else like it in BPAL. Nothing to compare it to.

Okay, take Mosterbait Closet and swap out the berry for cherry.

It's that good.

I've been selling off my LE duplicates to pay for acupuncture and cause there're too many bottles in my sphere of being right now. But this one scent has me in a tizzy.

Am ordering another from the Lab tonight.

Really impressed the heck out of me.

Edit to include two more words: CHERRY CHEESECAKE

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit

OH my god this is good! I might need another bottle. The cherries are really strong and almost sour at first (more like wild cherries) but in just a few minutes they soften up and the powdered sugar really stands out. The end result is powdered sugar and sweet cherries. Almost like a cherry-filled donut! Which I'd really like right now.

There's a little boozy hint to it too, in a cherry liqueur way. This is really delicious!

All thanks and praise to the Lab.

Bottle: Creamy berries with a sort of sharp undertone.

Skin: I applied more than I meant to, but even so this stayed close to my skin from the very beginning. It was interesting to me that the powdered sugar seemed to give the fruit a sort of spiciness while still retaining the sweet quality.

Drydown: This ultimately has a very soft sillage on me like Closet does. I had a few compliments this evening, one guy called it "sweet in a good way."

Edited by luna65

yup. i have to agree that there is something somewhat boozy about this one. the cherries are seriously real - sweet and tart, yes yes. kind of sharp as a result. the powdered sugar, on the other hand, anchors them down so they don't get out of hand.

this is divine. i see myself coming up with an excuse to get another bottle or two! :P

I have three words for Bloody Mary: hot cherry turnovers. :P The sheer juiciness of the cherries fades a bit as it dries and the whole thing gets more creamy. It's incredibly yummy, and now I have a serious urge to head to Arby's for some turnovers. :D

in the bottle: fruity, creamy, smells kinda like black cherry yogurt.

wet: cherry bubblegum.

dry: dark fruits. malicious fruits. dusting of something sweet to lure you in before it gets you.

Let me preface this stating that cherries and cream and sugar is like, my ultimate dream scent. When I saw this description I was so excited I almost pee'd my pants. With that said, on with the review..

In the bottle: Red fruits indeed. Sweet sugar and berries with cherry on the top.

On the skin: Wet it stays the same as in the bottle, but almost immediately I start to smell something, off. The cherries are gone and all I smell is this almost rotten red fruit smell. This is exactly the same smell that happened on my skin with MB: Closet (except that one was dirty rotten socks). This is making me very sad.

On drydown: Its a little more tolerable and the sugary sweetness really starts to come forward.. but I am absolutely crushed over how my skin reacted to this. I'm going to put the bottle away for a while and see if aging the oil will help. The scent in the bottle is gorgeous, what my skin does to it is not :P

This is what it sounds like from the description - sweet, cherry, cream and sugar. I get glimpses of powdered sugar, and I agree with the description of it wet as cherry bubblegum. It seems a little overwhelming wet, but it dries down into something softer. If you like cherry, you'll like this. I find it a little too sweet, but I'm not much of a cherry fan - I was wondering if the "chunky, red, glistening fruits" might include something other than cherry, but cherry is all I get out of this.

Yes, yes, yes!!!! It's been a while since I have found a scent that I need to hoard, but this is one! It's my dream scent of creamy cherry vanilla Italian soda. No medicinal cherry smell here!! I wore this today while I was packing/moving things and it seemed to keep my energy at peak levels.

This will be a multiple bottle purchase before it goes away; I love it that much :P

In Bottle: A creamy cherry scent with orange underneath.

Wet: This has a little musty bloom along with the cherry-orange scent.

Dry: Good, the mustiness goes away quickly! This is pleasantly fruity, a rich cherry-orange that smells nothing like cough syrup. It doesn't morph much after the initial wet-to-dry-down, just stays fruity. Amusingly I sort of wish it did do more, but I shouldn't fault it for just being a nice rich fruit scent.

Overall: Nice!

Ooh, creepy label! :P

In bottle: cherry punch

On skin: lots of sweet dark cherry right away, fruity fruit fruit!

Half-hour later: there's a creamier base, but not enough to curdle the delicious dark fruit

In conclusion: the cream accord was my biggest concern in the blend, but good for me it's no match for the giant stomping fruits, raaarr! This one had the least hang-around time of the recent Monster Baits, only a couple of hours, but well worth a bottle.

Oh I was so scared about this one! The oils with cherry notes has given me a rash so far (Groundhog Musk, Jailbait). But I am thrilled because this has been smooth sailing--no reactions whatsoever!

This is so decadent! I am imagining the most creamy, sweet, dark cherry dessert. Like fat, frosted cupcakes with glazed black cherries squatting on the top. The cherry is deep enough that it doesn't remind me of the horrible cough syrup from my childhood. Nor is it the cherry that reminds me of car freshener. I can definitely wear this kind of cherry because it actually smells like the real fruit.

As it dries down there is a rich butter quality that I can't get enough of. Sugar soft and lots of vanilla. The cherry has dissolved and only a trace remains on my skin. The rest is that light vanilla/butter/cookie scent.

This has to be my favorite of all the sweet, foody scents I have. I will go so far as to say that it may even replace Beaver Moon in my affections.

I was almost expecting the first sniff of this to be almonds (because so many bpal cherry scents are heavy on almonds), but in the bottle, this was sweet cherry syrup.

I slathered a bit on my arms, and wow, what a burst of juicy cherry! Fruity and delicious, but not sickly sweet. It smells...happy.

Sadly, it began to turn, morphing away from the sweet scent - how disappointing! - until I stopped sniffing my wrist. Then I could smell the sweet cherries again. The throw is all cherry goodness, while up close there's just a tartish vanilla.

In spite of my usual distaste for fruity scents, I'm quite taken with this. I'm not sure how often I'll wear it, but I think I'll keep it around for a little pick-me-up when I'm feeling low.

In the bottle, it's a like a thick syrupy cherry liqueur... and not really in a good way. On my skin, it wasn't much better. But just as I was lamenting the fact that cherries go weirdly metallic on me, I got a waft of something akin to cherry Pez. Although I'm not keen on cherry-flavored Pez, I'll take that over metal cherry any day. And then? It morphed into a glorious sweet cherry-ish scent with a generous helping of powdered sugar. Awesome! I'm glad I took a chance and grabbed a bottle of this.

On my skin, it's cherries with a coating of powdered sugar. Later, the powdered sugar goes away, and Bloody Mary smells like cherry lollipops with a slight creamy edge. It's sweet but the berries add a nice tartness so it's not over the top.

Verdict: Cherry lollipop with a hint of cream. Sassy and yummy. Glad I have a bottle.

For the first five or so minutes Bloody Mary is medicinal and syrupy on me, ew ew. Truly frightening! But she mellows out into a soft, powdered sugar - I smell like a cherry marshmallow! Sexy in a smooth, girlish sort of way. Not too sweet, either.

That said, I'm not sure if it's really me... but I'm pondering a bottle.

Bonus: have been cured of my lingering fear of Bloody Mary! She's actually very nice, you know. Just misunderstood. :P

In the bottle and wet, it is overwhemling cherries... I didn't smell anything but fruit, which is a lot like some other bottles I have.

But then it morphed into a sweet, soft sugary scent which I love!!

Wet, I get Juicy Fruit gum. Fortunately, that goes away when it dries. I don't get the black cherry at all, but full-on assault of red fruits. After a few minutes the cream starts to come out and it smells like cheesecake with mixed fruits. I definitely have to order more of this one- there's no way one bottle will be enough.

Okay, let's make this easy. Cherry cheesecake, with an Italian cherry soda and strawberry incense wafting around in the distance, all with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. My poor Paypal is being attacked by the monsters!