Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
arachne

Beachy, Tropical Scents

For a light tropical floral with a hint of fruitiness - you could try Vasakasajja

For a dark and green tropical floral - try Dark Delicacies (I like this one better!)

ETA: Oh yeah, there's also the GC: Eden - coconut, fig, honey :P

Edited by Browneyes

Demeter makes great "cocktail" scents. I just tested Sex on the Beach and I'm amazed. It smells exactly like the drink. They also make a White Russian that's good too.

As for BPAL, I second Obtala and Manila.

Last year I managed to get my hot little hands on a 5ml CT3 bottle and when it arrived it turned out to be an utterly perfect scent for me.

To me it smells like a sweet I loved as a kid which was the tropical version of Chewits.

Its a very sweet green fruity sort of scent but I cant bear to wear it very often knowing that theres no way to replace it.

So, can anyone recommend something along the same lines? Sweet, green fruity tropical type scent?

:P

Last year I managed to get my hot little hands on a 5ml CT3 bottle and when it arrived it turned out to be an utterly perfect scent for me.

To me it smells like a sweet I loved as a kid which was the tropical version of Chewits.

Its a very sweet green fruity sort of scent but I cant bear to wear it very often knowing that theres no way to replace it.

So, can anyone recommend something along the same lines? Sweet, green fruity tropical type scent?

I’m not sure if this fits what you’re looking for, but Sudha Segara smells something like Kiwi and Star Fruit Starbursts on me (sort of bright, but a creamy, chewy-candied 'green fruit' smell to me)… though there’s a hit of spice in the first second or so of the wet stage.

You might try Habu or 51. :D

I’m not sure if this fits what you’re looking for, but Sudha Segara smells something like Kiwi and Star Fruit Starbursts on me (sort of bright, but a creamy, chewy-candied 'green fruit' smell to me)… though there’s a hit of spice in the first second or so of the wet stage.

Thanks! Ive got an imp of Suha Segara that Id never tested. Its a quite nice scent but doesnt have the deep green sort of thing Im looking for.

Unfortunately both Habu and 51 have the dreaded musk that my skin amps like crazy. :P

Thanks! Ive got an imp of Suha Segara that Id never tested. Its a quite nice scent but doesnt have the deep green sort of thing Im looking for.

Unfortunately both Habu and 51 have the dreaded musk that my skin amps like crazy. :P

Hm, that’s too bad. :D

Maybe Faiza?

Or back into the lighter greens, unfortunately, Manila?

What types of musk don’t like you?

Unfortunately both Habu and 51 have the dreaded musk that my skin amps like crazy. :D

Hm, that’s too bad. :D

Maybe Faiza?

Or back into the lighter greens, unfortunately, Manila?

What types of musk don’t like you?

Black, blue, red, white, skin and crystal :P

Enough to make me nervous of the majority of musks.

I can get away with the white in Endymion, Black Pearl, and Embalming Fluid, but only in tiny amounts otherwise my skin just morphs them into sour nastiness.

Y'know, Strangler Fig *might* be close. It was very green and sweet on me. Not fruity, per se, but you might try it. Or, you could layer it with something like Pele or Vasakasajja to give it a more tropical vibe.

Other scents that strike me as sounding dark green (I haven't tried these, so this is just from the notes): Bayou, Manila, and The Isle of Demons (I've tried this one, it might be close).

I hope you find something- I hate having rare things that I can't bear to use up.

I went to Hawaii last August--Honolulu and Maui. I took my bottle of Ananas Fizz (L'Artisan) with me and wore it almost every day I was there, this was before I discovered BPAL but I still love my L'Artisans. I love the smell of pineapple, and I wish there was more than one BPAL perfume that contains it (Shango does look yummy for this purpose though). Maybe the search function is just being mean though.

Fruity, floral, green--I don't care, suggest it if you can think of it and it evokes images of palm trees in the South Pacific, tropical greenery, exotic fruits, and interesting drinks. I don't care for marine scents.

Edited by FlyingCoffin

The newest Milk Moon smells very tropical to me. That may sound sort of odd with the milk note, but it reminds me of Asian tropical drinks/desserts where canned milk is used - think Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia.

There is always Manila. Some get more greenery, tropical florals and wood, but some also get the banana note.

Edited by portalkat

have you tried Tweedledee from the Mad Tea Party section? it definitely smells like green fruit candy, i think because of the kumquat and whatnot. at first it's a blast of sweet fruit but then it rounds out and sticks closer to the skin. hope that helps! :D

Tenochtitlan is sweet and green to me, but it's a bit more "desert" than "tropical". How about Machu Picchu?

I have fallen "in love" with the home fragrance from Crabtree and Evelyn called "Salt Air"

It smells like a crisp breeze coming off the beach in midmorning.

Any BPAL smellumwizards or witches out there can recommend a BPAL smell-alike?

I would love to smell exactly like that home fragrance but it probably isn't safe for skin and it does not last very long disappointingly... :P

marla :D

I haven't smelled the C&E fragrance, but Thalassa is a really gorgeous salty ocean aquatic.

For BPAL, my favorite is Thalassa, then Tempest and Caliban. Caliban has the fern notes, but on me, it is as aquatic as Thalassa, just a different beach :P

For BPAL, my favorite is Thalassa, then Tempest and Caliban. Caliban has the fern notes, but on me, it is as aquatic as Thalassa, just a different beach :P

Hmm, fern notes, you say? I have since discovered that most aquatic scents don't work on my skin, but as a room scent they are pretty cool. I'll have to experiment with more water scents once I move into the new place. Fern and water sounds good. Earthy and green and water would also be good.

*wanders off to look up more oceany-watery-green room scents*

For BPAL, my favorite is Thalassa, then Tempest and Caliban. Caliban has the fern notes, but on me, it is as aquatic as Thalassa, just a different beach :D

thanks portalkat, I will have to try me some Thalassa...

Marla :P

I haven't smelled the C&E fragrance, but Thalassa is a really gorgeous salty ocean aquatic.

Thanks Electra, I will try that Thalassa and the other 2 mentioned by portalkat--Tempest and Caliban. I think I have the other 2 on order...

wandering off to swaps to find some Thalassa :D

Just seconding some previous suggestions-definitely Lightning, Tempest and Jolly Roger. Also, Penthus is a sort of New England garden by the sea scent. For non-BPAL, Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Motu is dead-on ocean.

I think that we are to keep this thread to BPAL recommendations only as ivyandpeony says here, so I started a thread for other etailer/retailer perfumes here. That said, I need to try the Motu from CSP that TroubleDoll mentioned. I agree, Jolly Roger is a good recommendation as well;)

I think that we are to keep this thread to BPAL recommendations only as ivyandpeony says here, so I started a thread for other etailer/retailer perfumes here. That said, I need to try the Motu from CSP that TroubleDoll mentioned. I agree, Jolly Roger is a good recommendation as well;)

Huh. I never thought that supplementing BPAL recommendations with something else that someone might enjoy would be inappropriate. Thanks for cluing me in. Sometimes I have trouble compartmentalizing my thoughts as much as it is necessary on this board. I'll try to be more careful.