Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
arachne

Beachy, Tropical Scents

To me anything with coconut and orange blossom and/or neroli screams summer and happiness in a bottle to me. The scents I own that have this combination in them are:

Avunculus

Beanman and Beanwoman Prepare to Attack the Vagina

Violet Hilton

Violet is the perfect summer floral, absolutely gorgeous.

The Haunted Beach comes to mind...sans tropical flowers, but definitely the beach!

Any beachy, tropical scents that aren't too aquatic? Something with heat?

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but Lamia smells like a steamy jungle to me. Death Adder has that steamy feel to it as well.

Lamia sounds amazing! It sounds up my ally so I'll have to give it a try!

Thanks Lizzie!

By heat I do mean like pepper/spice and fire, but steamy works as well!

Al-Azif layered with Half-Elf is like putting on an upscale/more complex version of Banana Boat sunscreen. (At least on me - Al-Azif is a weird morpher that smells like bananas on some people and acrid dessert sand on others).

Body, Remember  - 

raw black coconut, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, champaca flower, and sugar cane

Eternal Queen to me is a beachy floral - white gardenia and tuberose with ambergris accord, vegetal vanilla musk, bourbon vanilla, and amber incense

I was gonna suggest that [Body, Remember 2019]. My wife loves it. Wasn't too fond at first, but it aged a few months since I bought it. Now we both wear it & can't get enough. It's a lovely sweet coconut smell. Usually those are too much for me.

Edited by Rane.
didn't quote, had to clarify my statement

My favs include Lay Una, Tiki Princess, the Strawberry Moons, Planting Moon, Hay Moon, and Mead Moon.  I also like the ice and snow scents on very hot days. :) 

I love Death Adder for a deserted island feel. The dry coconut and vetivier remind me of what the island in 'The blue lagoon' may have smelled like.

I've had such a hankering for tropical scents lately, but I don't have anything in my collection that fits the bill. I'm talking more of the fruity/creamy -type tropical (coconut, mango, ginger,  key lime, pineapple), not so much the aquatic/beachy or floral-green type. Tiki bar drinks basically (alas, I came to BPAL after the tikis went away). Are there any good GC's or non-LE's like that?