Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
arachne

Beachy, Tropical Scents

Haumea proto from Etsy is a very tropical scent that reminds me a lot of the coconut, vanilla bean, and tiare hair gloss.

Obatala reminds me of Hawaiian tropic suntan lotion!

Haumea proto from Etsy is a very tropical scent that reminds me a lot of the coconut, vanilla bean, and tiare hair gloss.

Haumea v1? Really I've been dying to find something close to CVBT! I looked up reviews but looks like there are only 2 and they both say bananas.

Haumea v1? Really I've been dying to find something close to CVBT! I looked up reviews but looks like there are only 2 and they both say bananas.

That's why I bought it...I was hoping for Bananas like the reviews said, but to me, it's more similar to CVBT Hair gloss...with just a touch of green (banana leaf?) it doesn't smell like bananas though, to me at all, unless we're talking green non-sweet unripe bananas. But I would equate that with banana leaf...If I had an empty vial, I would totally send you a decant! It's very summery/beachy IMO.

Hi everyone,

I love tropical fragrances that are not watery or salty, but not foody either.

Do you have any recommendations for me? (doesn't have to to Bpal, it can also be Violette Market or other of these brands ;-))

I second the rec for Tiki Princess!! :wub2: Can't get enough of it during the summer! A frothy, cold coconut perfume, pure and sweet, with gentle wafts of plumeria, pikake, and ala ala wai nui.

Havana and Pele. They just smell humid and tropical. I like Intrigue a lot too.

Edited by skyelyric

Blue Morpho is one I love that doesn't have any of the coconut you so often find in tropical scents -- Wild orchid, pikake, honeysuckle, calla lily, agave nectar, pink geranium, violet leaf, and white amber

If you like coconut, though, a non-BPAL I like is Coconut Moonstone from Nocturne Alchemy.

Pele ("muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms) is my all-time favorite GC scent and is a beautiful, enveloping tropical floral. It's an unexpected kind of tropical, which is why I like it so much!

I also like Golden Wave ("tangerine, gin, passion fruit, guava, and tonic") for a more traditional fruity scent. And I don't think it's very boozy at all! :D

Tiki Princess and Shango (The Master of Lightning’s ofrenda contains red apples, banana, chili pepper, coconut, pineapple, pomegranate and sugar cane) are my two absolute favorite tropical scents. :D

I will second xiutecuhtli and macchu picchu, and tiki princess. Tiki princess isn't as foody as it sounds.

Also Marae. Also, Delight and Kataskopia and Nymphia are some of my favorites and they are all tropical ish florals. nymphia is supposed to be foody I think but it isn't on me, just a sweet, fresh floral.

you might also give dia de los muertos a try or tezcatlipoca for something a little darker. They have chocolate in them, but again, on me not foody.

Oh, and since you said it doesn't have to be BPAL, my favorite tropical of all time is Lush Sikkim Girls. It is stunning, I wish BPAL had a floral tropical vanilla in their GC. To my knowledge they don't.

Edited by JasminDreams2010

My all time favourite tropical scents are Solstice Scents Tropical Moon and Arcana Latitude. Goldenrod Spider is my favourite BPAL tropical but it was an LE and might be harder to find.

I'm trying to put together a Hawaii themed perfume pack for my mom's birthday in April. She fell in love with the islands after going there on a business trip. She said that scents that smell like Hawaii to her would be the fresh, clean breeze that's always blowing there (what she said was Hawaii doesn't really have a smell because the breeze is always blowing so the scent of Hawaii would be fresh, clean breeze with a hint of fresh pineapple), the scent of macadamia and vanilla waffles she ate at a B&B there, and orange-mango juice she had with breakfast (she says orange juice with a little bit of mango juice mixed in).

I already have some scents that seem to evoke Hawaii and tropical feelings (Starring's plumeria SN, a variety of Violette Market's Hawaii/Oceania scents, BPAL Pele, hi'iaka, moai, and Orange Thyme's Thai Coconut) but I'm now looking for these three things in particular.

Thanks! :)

I'm trying to put together a Hawaii themed perfume pack for my mom's birthday in April. She fell in love with the islands after going there on a business trip. She said that scents that smell like Hawaii to her would be the fresh, clean breeze that's always blowing there (what she said was Hawaii doesn't really have a smell because the breeze is always blowing so the scent of Hawaii would be fresh, clean breeze with a hint of fresh pineapple), the scent of macadamia and vanilla waffles she ate at a B&B there, and orange-mango juice she had with breakfast (she says orange juice with a little bit of mango juice mixed in).

I already have some scents that seem to evoke Hawaii and tropical feelings (Starring's plumeria SN, a variety of Violette Market's Hawaii/Oceania scents, BPAL Pele, hi'iaka, moai, and Orange Thyme's Thai Coconut) but I'm now looking for these three things in particular.

Thanks! :)

For the breeze + pineapple, try Vasakasajja. It's an LE from the Faces of the Heroine series and definitely has that clean, tropical, juicy, fruity scent despite there being no fruit in the notes.

Pele. Pele, Pele, Pele. I first tried it a few months after a trip to Maui and I was stunned at how precisely it smelled like Hawaii. Seriously, that is what the air in Maui smells like. It's ridiculous.