Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Amorphallus, indeed. A breathtakingly exotic, wild, and grossly erotic spicy gold, purple-black, and burgundy lily.

Frimp from the lab. I would have never picked this one for myself, I usually hate spicy scents.

In the vial - Spicy. I can't figure out which spices, but it's not the kind I hate.

Wet - Spicy creamy floral.

Dry down - Less spicy, more creamy lily. The spice keeps the lily from being too loud, and the lily calms the spices, a perfect blending of scents.

I love this. As I mentioned, I would have never thought to get this one. So glad I had the chance to try it. It's wonderful. Exotic, creamy, spicy, and yeah sexy.

Nearing the top of my "need a bottle" list Edited by MichelleB675

In the imp this is a strange, spicy floral. As it dries, though, the creamy-sweet element comes out and it's very pretty. Intriguing and rich. Surprise imp save!

The spiciness of this one reminds me a little of Hermia, especially in the imp.

Wet to drying, I get less of the spiciness, and while the blend undoubtedly smells like lily, it's sort of threatening to go fruity on me (like a raspberry sort of fruity). I do really like this blend, as the spicy/creamy floral is one I have a weakness for, and the fruitiness doesn't seem to become more than a threat.

I think I'll hang on to this one (for now) for the days where I try to give florals a chance, but I don't think it's a bottle purchase.

In the Imp: sweet, heady lily

Wet on Skin: the scent hangs in the back of my throat... cloying

While Drying: Cloying lily, with something almost foody beneath it - I think it is cardamom, but it smells more like the spice than any of the scents that actually list cardamom as a note. An odd scent.

After a Little While: This became soapy the first time I tested it, but was not as soapy the second time around. A distinct sugar note emerged briefly, as well as a lemony note that might be part of the herbal note I noticed earlier (maybe not cardamom after all).

Later: This has decent throw - enough to give me a headache. Lilies don't like my skin.

Voodoo Lily earns a 2.5/5 on my skin.

Sweet spices in the imp. The lily becomes a lot more palpable once applied. Something about this makes me think of a kind of drink though, but I don't know what it is. I'm completely stumped but I like it. It almost smells a bit carbonated. So yeah, basically spicy lilies.

In the bottle: deep and spicy, a little like licorice jellybeans. definitely exotic and wild, but I'm not sure I like it. the spiciness is a little too artificial, almost sour. lilies and spice.

On my skin: again with the licorice jellybeans! it's mysterious as all hell, and I can picture it in the back of a smoky bar. it's not exactly floral, it's too spicy to be particularly femme-y.

Last thoughts: too strong for my taste, but I could imagine this being incredibly sexy on some women.

I am in love with Voodoo Lily. To me, it smells not of lily, but of orchid - but here is an orchid note that does not turn powdery or cloying on me! Miracle! It's a slightly sweet, whispy floral that manages to remind me of both fresh air and verdant greenery - the jungles of heaven must smell like this. Will add to my bottle list.

Voodoo Lily

On: Sweet, heady lily with an earthy edge.

1 hour in: Fresher now and not as sweet. Heady and musty, with a slight hint of something anise-like. Nice.

6.5 hours in: Powdery, sweet lily.

Overall: This is a really pretty, interesting lily scent.

In the imp: This really is a blend of my beloved Voodoo and lillies.

Wet: More spicy floral, less of the amaretto sweetness I associate with Voodoo.

Dry: Still a spicy floral that's gone ever so slightly soapy. Not a bad soapy... it's one that makes me feel like I've been relaxing in a really lovely bubble bath. Languid.

I don't usually wear florals, but I think I'll hang on to this one.

Another one of those rare BPAL scents that I unfortunately had to scrub off immediately. All I got was cheap spicy soap, like the kind my older Asian aunties would keep on a soap dish for decoration in their bathrooms. This would probably be better as a room scent than something to wear on your person.

Wow, scent rollercoaster! :D

Imp: Sprite! This totally smells like sprite. I think there is lemon and lime in there. Sweet not sour. But maybe it's also vanilla and ginger, so.. yes, it also reminds me of ginger ale and coca cola. I guess that means we have a good deal of sweet sugared citrus fruits, some heavy orchid and/or lily floral notes.. and ginger, maybe sweet clove as spices.

Wet: That's.. coke with lime! Sorry, it just smells like exactly that. Ohh, it turns creamy after a couple of seconds. Yes, ginger and almond, that makes it spicy and nutty. OK, dare I say someone dunked their ginger cookies into cake with lime? Yes, that's what it is.

Dry: Not quite sure what to think of it.. such a strange, strange scent. It's.. bubbly and full of joy, very sweet and bright. I might give it a try and wear this one all day and see how it goes.

ETA: Cassia! There must be some of that in there as well. And tonka appears on the dry-down after a while.

Edited by Honey

Ordered: Lily, spice, and sweetarts. It does smell like the colours sound, but there is a touch of over ripeness to the tone. Wet: The sweetness is less cheap candy on the skin. I do love the spiciness of this floral, but the intense feminine purple is a touch weird with my skin chemistry. The over ripe undertone is still not fortunate, but less jarring here. Fascinating on the right woman, but not so much on me. Dry: shockingly lovely once it settles. It really does smell like the concept lily. I love it on the dry down in a way I could not wet.

If I really think about it while sniffing, I can see this as a rich, sophisticated blend of lilies.

But it really just smells like Coke! Some other reviewers mentioned various flavored Cokes (so glad I'm not the only one who smells Coke!), but to me, it smells just like a can of sticky, flat Coke in the heat of summer. I'm keeping it just because it's oddly nostalgic. It reminds me of childhood summers.

This is one of the most unusual scents I have tried. It really does smell like Coke when first applied. Later on it dries into a fizzy, ginger and lily blend. I get mostly spices from this, not much lily at all. It's interesting, and not at all what I expected it to be. I was hoping for more lily and less spice.

Wow this is an immediate NO to me. It's one of the rare ones that turns into cat pee.

It is spicy, and floral (strong lily) with a tiny undertone of something I catch maybe ginger? Then cat pee. Acidic and unfortunately gross. It seems so many others enjoy this, I'm going to chalk it up to skin chemistry.

In the imp: Ooh, this is lovely. A spiciness quite reminiscent of The Lion.

Wet: The spice is almost foody, and I do get the Coke comparison. It's a gorgeous spice innyhoo, mixed with hints of floral and something vaguely citrusy.

Dry: It's like The Lion got together with a sexy-ass flower. GLORIOUS.

Origin: Frimp from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: This one had not registered on my radar yet, but lily sometimes works very well for me.

In the Vial: Wow, a rush of warm cinnamon and spice that is very inviting. This is foody rather than floral.

Wet: A blast of wonderful sweet spices. This is what I wanted from various Day-of-the-Dead inspired Weenies or Navidad Yules. It's not foody per se anymore, just a rich crush of spiciness.

Drydown: The lily begins to come out, softening the spice and adding a luscious creamy dimension to the scent. It's subtly sexy and inviting.

Verdict: All hail the frimp! I need to get a bottle of this lest it get discontinued suddenly.

This is unique among florals, a scent that is both spicy and fresh. Spicy-sweet lily. I like it, but I don't think it is something I would want to wear on my skin. It would be wonderful as a room scent, specifically for the powder room.

This smells of the same spices in Pepper and somewhat in Miss Lupescu, very warm, very much the thing I tend to reach for in winter. I cannot smell any flowers at all, but that could just be spring time congestion.

Imp: Sweet musk! Not at all what I was expecting. Sweet warm musk and nut cookies.

Wet: Sweet, spicy musk and lovely florals. No nuts now, but a faint hint of powder that I think is probably the lily.

Dry: Sadly, this verges quickly into dryer sheet territory on me, but the musk stays beautiful all the way through. If florals work on you, this is definitely one to watch!

Spicy, voluptuous heady floral at first. A little too heady and tropical. Dry, less floral, kind of fruity now, and spicy. It actually burned my wrist a little when I first applied it. Very rare for me to have a reaction like that. So it ends up mostly a spice laden fruit of some variety. Maybe a citrus? Whatever the case, the beginning stage was quite nauseating for me, so this is a 'no go'.

This is a strange little beast. I have two imps of Voodoo Lily--one from an order I got a week ago, another from a few months back (that could possibly be old, it was from a swap). The "older" of the two I tested first, and it did not work on me at all. The initial application was very soapy, like overly floral fancy guest soap you don't want to use because it's pressed into some pretty pattern. Then the spice comes on, strong. An almost overwhelming wave of cinnamon and clove. It dries down into straight floral and spice, but nothing nuanced or exciting--it kind of smells like a drugstore perfume, or Christmas potpourri. Ick.

The newer imp, though, was totally different. Very strong and fresh lily notes with only a soft background of spice, and an underlying current of amber. A refreshing spring floral, though thankfully not anything I need a full size of, since I'd be hesitant about it aging funny.