Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

We have some trouble managing our flamingos, too. Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

YUM YUM YUM!!

I was afraid of this scent when I read the description, because pink.. pink is not me. (neither is patchouli for that matter lol). However I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

In the imp, this is just so juicy, so fruity, I can almost taste the lime and grapefruit. It's bright and sparkly and everything flamingoes should be *grins*

Wet - slightly more lime than grapefruit, and a little more woodsy, but playful - this is SUCH a happy go lucky scent! It almost immediately chases away the stress of work lol.

Dry - warm woods, lime and something a little more wicked - naughty flamingoes plotting evil maybe *laughs* I love this scent so much, and I'm TOTALLY buying a bottle.

This is a surprisingly green smell. I detect the grapefruit right away, but it’s layered into a light green lime scent. Interesting.

After a moment, it goes into a misty, ethereal state. It’s very high-pitched. Shortly after, it disintegrated into a thin, gray, chemical smell. I am supremely disappointed.

I reapplied, just in case I could convince it to stay around this time. I like it very much straight off the wand -- it’s a melange of interesting fruit that isn’t foody, but has a floral/perfumey overtone instead.

After only a minute, again, the scent dissolves into high-pitched mist, and I have a sinking feeling. Shortly after, it’s back to that gray chemical state. There’s the faintest glimmer of lime still hovering over it... but not enough, not by a long shot.

I can only conclude that something in my skin chemistry is innately wrong for this scent. What a disappointment.

In the bottle: This smells gorgeous. Gloriously light and bursting with fruit, wreathed with a faint scent of flowers.

On the wrist: Mmm. Still fruity, but now the musk/patchouli and the rose/bergamot come through a little stronger. This is a joyous, exuberant scent; the strongest notes appear to be nectarine and bergamot.

One hour later: A very strong scent. It's richly fruity, thanks to the orangey bergamot, the other hints of citrus, and the nectarine, but the flowers 'dry' it a little, and the patchouli and musk... it really is like a hedgehog, spiking through the fruity sweetness. This is a really nice summer scent.

Croquet is definitely light, sparkly, and pink. The citrus comes through first, then the rose comes out to play as it dries. Then the musk joins the party.

I'm not sure if it's me, but I do like it.

To my nose, Croquet is really really really similar to the LE blend Mi-Go Brain Cannister. It's a little less punchy because it's missing the pink pepper, and the anchoring drop of civet which makes it last forever, but it's really similar otherwise - at least to my nose it is! It is, at the very least, in the same family as that scent. They are definitely first cousins, possibly siblings, though not identical twins. Maybe fraternal twins :P

I still have 1.5 bottles of Mi Go left, but when I do run out - which is bound to happen someday - I'll be replacing it happily with Croquet.

If you liked Mi Go but couldn't wear it because you amp civet or jasmine, give this one a try. If you got to smell Mi Go and liked it but never got a bottle, give this a try.

It's absolutely perfect for summer.

Wonderful work, Beth!

N.

Croquet-

In Bottle: Sugar, citrus, soap-cleanness. Very tasty!

Wet: Sweet citrus blend, a bit of "Irish Spring" herbal-ness. The soap-clean is dominant over the fruit.

Dry: Stays around nicely, clean and fruit-smelling, I like this!

Overall: I really like!

Right off the bat I get mostly nectarine and grapefruit. Yum!! Over time the wood comes out more (not a big wood fan myself). Intriguing and definitely fun and whimsical.

In the bottle – Bright sugary fruits, primarily the lime

Wet on me – Now the grapefruit and the nectarine come to the fore with a gooey frothy background that I can’t quite place

Dry on me – Extremely faint, slightly sweetened musk

Overall – This disappears too quickly for me to form any real opinion of it

Sweeeeet and fruity...also very pink smelling! It's a very fun scent!! I can really only smell the fruit scents...not the patchouli or sage. I feel very young and energized when I wear this! There might be a bottle of this coming my way!

Smells really fruity initially then on the dry down I smell like room-freshener :S

Later: I smell flamingos playing croquet! I smell like pink lime now. :D I feel rather dancing like a crazy loony. I'm pink and green now!

It's nice but not for me, though I'll probably keep my imp. :P

at first: a crazy blend of fruit and flowers.

on:lots of rose and sweet fruit notes.

1 hour later: this just smells like wood on me.

4.5 hours later: all wood.

overall: my skin is weird sometimes. this just doesn't work for me.

Wow this is FUN FUN FUN!

It's really really fresh and frutiy, it smells pearlescent, yup that sounds weird, but when it's wet it has this rounded, powdery pearly smell that I really cannot describe. Almost like some sort of luxury shower gel or bubble bath hehe. (is it the hedgehog musk? who knows?)

So, as I said when it's wet it's a burst of alot of things, mainly fruit but as it dries it morphs a hell of a lot on me, the sage becomes much more prdominant and it goes alot more green. I cannot detect the patchouli at all, which I'm thankful for because as much as I like it, it would ruin this lovely scent for me! The rose is not apparent either. I think it get's drownded out by all the other notes!

It's definately got alot of kick at first, and would be a lovely summery daytime thing for a younger girl.

Very nice indeed!

In the imp, it's light and sweet, a tiny bit citrus, and barely there. Maybe my nose isn't working right tonight!I'm getting hardly any scent on my skin at all, but what is there is smooth and kind of creamy, and reminds me a little of Antonino but less sharpness. I'm getting a kind of coconut scent, somehow. There's a sort of oiliness or heaviness that makes me wonder if the hedgehog musk is actually RED, which rarely if ever works on me. There's some citrus freshness there, though, and it isn't nearly as unpleasant as red musk scents usually are, so maybe not. I'm going to have to test again, because I can barely smell this today!

Oh, why aren't you working nicely on me Croquet?!

You start off with all the luscious citrus joy I expected - but after a while you get that powdery Tang citrus smell I got from Kuang Shi. Something in here doesn't like me. Or I don't like it.

Take your pick.

There's a nice musk lurking underneath, but I just can't shake off the damn Tang.

I hate Tang!

:P

Yummy, zesty citrus mingled with sage which I detect very strongly. It’s a very refreshing scent – very uplifting. As it dries the bergamot and patchouli begin to emerge. I think this would be lovely for springtime and it is very gender neutral. Will definitely be using up my imp. Dries down to a fresh rose. Lovely though gone in a couple of hours.

This is fizzy, bright, and pink in such a way as to make it refreshing. It’s delightful and very summery—the equivalent of fizzy cold pink lemonade on a bright day. I will definitely be holding onto my imp.

Rating: 4/5

Wet, this is an ever-changing blend of red and green fruits but when it dries it becomes something that smells like a warmer, sweeter, less Playdough-y version of my Bath and Body Works Rice Flower & Shea body lotion. It's a great scent, I can't complain, but it's not at all what I expected and I don't think I'll be getting any more.

imp: sage, patchouli and bergamot with a hint a sweetness.

wet: sweet, strong and almost bitter. i'm having trouble picking out specific notes. i've met other people who smell sublime while wearing this blend but it's not really working well for me.

dry: this took a long time to mellow out but now that it has... wow! this smells so good, like pink sunshine. a very happy scent.

I got this as a frimp, and I'm so glad I did!

In the imp, it's sharp, light, and citrusy - I can definitely smell the grapefruit. That's great, because I'm a citrus FIEND.

On, it's still all grapefruit-y citrus - which I LOVE. It's softened by the nectarine, and I get a little sage, but I don't get any floral or patchouli at all.

Once it's dry, the citrus has of course faded - there's just a touch of it over the sage with a little bit of rose coming out. Very soft and nice.

I love the initial phase so much that this is definitely a keeper!

Initial Impression: candied fruit peels

On Wet: sharp citrus (I smell lime, grapefruit, orange? no, bergamot), rose, a hint of sage and of musk

On Dry: citrus blend with rose and musk

Final Impression: really nice for summer!

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 3.5

In the vial: happiness in a bottle! Honestly, I just had to laugh as soon as it hit my nose! It's citrus, but not sharp - it's smooth, sweet, warm, well-rounded citrus.

Wet on skin: again I have to smile as soon as I sniff it! It's a rounded fruity smell with patchouli for depth and warmth, and it reminds me of Tweedledum, only richer and more complex (Tweedledum was simple fruity bubble bath). I love this!

Dry on skin: the sage coming out now. It's a rich fruity/woody/herbal smell, and the citrus is quite subtle. It's a young rather than sexy scent, despite the musk. It's very unusual, slightly foody, and very pleasant. I may well need a bottle of this!

Later: after a few hours it fades to a vaguely fruity, musky sage. Who would have thought that sage would make good perfume? This is going on my bottle list.

I ordered an imp of this an instantly fell in love. In the imp you can smell the grapefruit more but on me I think my skin soaks it up but I dont mind. The underlying tones are just as lovely. This is a perfect spring scent and as stated in other reviews is very playful. I can smell the rose and what I assume is the hedgehog musk the most but both are lovely scents.

Edited by Dracoo9

I remember this trying to be really pretty on me. In the foreground I detected the effervescent fruity part of it I was so looking forward to.. but then something in the background leaped up and bit me. Quite possibly the rose, since it ruins virtually every blend on me. Maybe the musk, since I've never tried that brand of musk before. I almost liked it.. but there was that one note that made it smell slightly bitter on me.

Bottle: Lime and grapefruit

Wet: Lime, grapefruit and some complexity that I can't put my finger on. It makes it more than just a 'fruit' blend.

Drydown: Unfortunately the rose amped quite a bit. I think I'll have to try this on a less hormonal day!

3.0 outta 5

This reminds me of an old Faberge fragrance (showing my age here- I think I last wore Woodhue and Tigress in the late 60s)...

In the imp: Mild and sweet. I detect some citrus. There's something else lurking in the background that is pungent (patchouli maybe? Musk?)

Wet: Grapefruit and bergamot- Musk coming to the front.

Dry: Woody, musky and plastic. I am getting sneezy and have the beginnings of a headache.