Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

We have some trouble managing our flamingos, too. Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Wet: Pink! Lots of pink grapefruit, with some rose popping up as well. Sugary sweet, and somehow clean smelling.

Dry: Nothing citrus, or fruity remains. This is a lightly sweet rose scent now. While it's not bad by any means, it's not what I was expecting(or wanting!) for the drydown.

just recieved this as a frimp in a swap. ive been tempted by it but the citrus throws me off so this was a hppy accident. just out of tthe mailbox so it may be a little green but here we go. in the bottle, this smells like laundry soap, but in a good way. not an artificial flowery kind of scent, but definitely something i would use myself. i read the reviews prior to testing and i read one describing this as bright, summery, and clean and that is the perfect summary. definitely citrus up front which was a little nervous making, but i tested anyway. on this does excatly what i want it to do. the bright citrus fades. the rose is only semi-recognizable as the floral. instead of laundry soap this simply smells like a well-blended unisex perfume, but not really a traditional perfume scent. as ive been reviewing the florally-citrusy notes have all but disappeared, leaving behind just the greenery and woods. i feel like ive traversed the whole season into late august-september summer. interestingly i feel like one wrist is strongly bergamot-tinted and the other is more strongly sage. absolutely love this

ETA this has really good throw. i can smell myself as ive been typing. the throw is a touch sweeter than the skin scent

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

Starts out smelling like gummy bears, and turns into a very, very nice fruit with a tiny bit of floral, kind of like fuzzy peach skin and one lone rose petal.

Overall, very unique and delicious!

Wet this is fruity bright lime and grapefruit. Dried down it is nothing but rose and soap :@&*$!:

ETA: in the scent locket it is wonderful. This is bright and playful. I mostly get the pink lime, nectarine, and bergamot. 

Edited by tmichele

Before I looked at the notes, I was smelling fresh greeness and rose.  It brought to mind green grass beside a rose garden.  Now that's dried down and I see the notes, I smell rose and sage with a little bergamot and fruity nectarine and what I assume is ornery hedgehog musk.  Unfortunately it is quickly turning to soap like a lot of rose notes do on me (especially combo'ed with sage). 

I think if your skin doesn't hate rose like mine, this is a very pretty and bright blend.

I purchased this as a fresh lab imp.

My first impression is that this smells exactly like citrus flavored gummy candies.  A whiff of fresh grass adds a certain freshness to it.  This is very nice, for a few minutes.

After the first 20 minutes or so, the soapiest rose I've ever experienced in my life crashes the party, chasing all of the other guests out.  The soap-rose lasts forever and is surprisingly difficult to wash off.  This is very strange to me because rose is usually reasonably well behaved when I wear it.

This is a good candidate for a locket scent.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

This is wonderful when wet, but it dries down to something that's still good, but not as wonderful as before. Wet, it's all citrus: grapefruit and lime with some sugar. But within an hour it has morphed into a soapy, rose scent with a touch of the patchouli.

I don't hate the notes it morphed into, so I still like it dried down. But I am disappointed the wet stage didn't last longer because that was heavenly.  I've seen other reviewers here mention wearing this in a locket, if I happen to get ahold of one I will try that and see if it'll be a better fit. No bottle upgrade, but will enjoy this imp.

Wet: candied citrus

Dry: the citrus doesn't last very long, but there's a nice phase where it smells less like candy. At least when it disappears the other notes stick around (unlike what happened for me with Baobhan Sith). The patch, rose, and musk pull it into more traditional perfume territory, but I still like it. I don't get the soapiness that others do.

Overall, it's kind of this whimsical tug-of-war between the bright citrus and the perfumey elements.

I had mixed feelings just reading the notes of this one because I was intrigued by the hedgehog musk and skeptical of the woody patchouli (my nose is rarely a fan of it).

This opens up as a very citrus forward blend, the nectarine hanging out in the back. Very bright, lovely. It then fades into a rosy sage blend, and becomes soapy on me. Very bergamot and rose soapy. I really like it during the wet stage more than anything, so I don't think this is a blend for me. Happy to have tried this but gonna rehome this imp.

Freebie of unknown age, a gift with my 2016 unicorn decants

In the imp: Lime and grapefruit, soothed by a wonderfully earthy sage and patchouli, capped off with bergamot and musk.

Wet: Bergamot and lime laid over pink musk, sweet patchouli, and bushy sage. The description sounds like a hot mess; the scent is anything but. 

Dry: Sage, musk, and brambly nectarine; the final morph is less impressive than the early stages, and not particularly unique once the citrus burns away. A shame, really; the first hour or so was delightful. It does last for an awfully long time, so if you're a fan of the final product, you're in luck.

Stars: ★★★

I mean, bpal really can do no wrong. The worst bpal scent is better than any other house or commercial perfumes BEST scent. I don't think this one is my Thing. I wish I had more patchouli and pink musk :( I will keep and age my imp but I like it well enough now to keep and wear! 

Testing this today, and wow. it's like a really pleasant sunscreen on me... and then it's gone! Sad, because I weirdly really like it. 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

Ooh! Crisp, peppery pink! Well, pink and yellow. Dry, It's an almost candyish fuity scent, swirls of citrus and soft, creamy grapefruit. Very very low throw, but very pretty.