Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Poisoned Apple

A perfect, lovely, gleaming red apple whose sweetness masks a swirl of narcotic opium, oleander, and hemlock.

Whoa. In imp and wet, this is a realistic apple blend, both as a fragrance blend and as a bushel of multiple types of apples. I'm getting green and red apples, tart and crisp and juicy. As it dries, it gets sharper with a different green note than the green apple. Maybe that's the hemlock, maybe that's the oleander, or maybe that's the poison working its way through my system, because I was sooooooold on the apple and devoured my arm. I'm still loving it as it's drying down, but we'll see how it finishes off (or finishes me off :)).

I'm quite fond of this one, the opening is straight apple on me and this phase is not too impressive (not bad either)

Then as it starts to dry down the florals come out and it's rather nice.

My favourite phase it the dry down, which lasts along time on me and smells of apple musk, if that were actually a real thing that is

This came as a frimp a couple orders ago, and I'm just getting a chance to try it out now.

In the imp:
Mmmm, that's a nice, tart, juicy apple smell. I can see why little Snow gave in to temptation in spite of the Dwarves' Stranger Danger talk.

On me, wet:
Still a lovely apple, but I think the florals are starting to work their way in.

On me, dry:
The florals give this a certain powderiness that kind of make me think of tart candies. There's definitely also a certain dark element there that keeps it nice and interesting. But on the whole it's a very light and spring-y scent. I really like it!

Verdict:
Not sure yet whether I want a big bottle or not, but this is a definite keeper!

. . . Actually, yeah, this will probably be a bottle. :P

Edited by Nikki Scarlet

The first gift my husband ever gave me was a bottle of lotion from Bath & Body works. 8 years ago I was a shy 16 year old. He was 18. He didn't put much thought into it. I was a girl. Girls like lotion. I used every drop because he said I smelled so nice when I wore it. I still have the empty bottle and take a whiff every now and then.

When I saw this on the website I was sincerely hoping this would be close. It wasn't just any apple lotion. It was darker. More adult. Mysterious.

This is just that and better! It's a simple apple yet so complex. The lotion I loved smells cheap next to this stuff. It conjures up images of dark fairy tales. It takes me back to waiting for the love of my life under a canopy in the rain. Of that first winter I fell in love. Beth is a master. The fact I feel like I've been taken back in time when I take a deep whip is incredible to me. I will be buying plenty of back ups.

Wow this is straight up apple.

We go apple picking every year as one of our Fall traditions. This is the smell of that heavy bag of apples. All varieties mixed together. Its crisp, tart and a little sweet.

Even on the dry down this stay sure apple for me. Its a lovely and delicious apple fragrance.

The thing is that i really don't want to go around all day smelling like apples.

Now I'm hungry for a apple tartlet.

This is such a nice apple fragrance! It's a sweet apple on me - but everything ends up smelling sweet on me. On my roommate, it turns into a tart apple. Either way, the dark base gives this scent a richness and complexity that I really enjoy, without overpowering the apple. One of my favorite scents.

Starts as a lovely green FRESH apple on me, and quickly turns into a more red "mature" scent. Less candy, more "sitting at a jazzcafé with some hard liquor, surrounded by books on wooden shelves. Not that there's neccesarily a liqour-note in there, but there is a sharp edge. Slightly smokey, even a bit dusty but nothing too crazy. Warm and cozy. Nice. :smilenod:

In the imp: Apple with an undercurrent of hemlock. 

On my skin:

Wet, apple still dominates, deepened by the hemlock. The impression I get is of a ripe, sweeter apple  -- something red rather than a Granny Smith. As it dries, the oleander also makes itself known. At this stage, oleander is the primary note if I sniff close to my skin; however, the apple still has the most waft. 

By about the thirty-minute mark, most of the apple has disappeared, and the scent is mostly oleander, opium -- now detectable -- and hemlock on my skin. It also has much less sillage than when the apple was prominent. Approximately one hour after application, all of the apple is gone, and only the "poison" remains. The result is soft, dark floral, with oleander as the top note backed by hemlock underneath with just a trace of opium thickening the scent. As someone who often amps apple in a blend, this is pretty interesting to me. That said, I don't know that this is a unique enough floral for me to want to keep it. 

Wet: Apple! A little juicy, a little tart. Nothing poison-smelling yet.

Dry: I'm getting that same apple scent from the wet stage, but with a dark element now. I'm pretty sure it's the hemlock note; I haven't tried too many blends with this note (only 4), but I think this is similar to the poisonous note I was smelling in Cleopatra Testing Poisons on Those Condemned to Death.

I like it! I don't think this is big bottle worthy for me, but I'll keep the imp around. 

I'm gonna level with you. I have no idea what opium, oleander or hemlock smell like. But I do know what apples smell like, and this is one juicy, amazing red apple. It does have a little something else going on, and I guess that's the other notes and my nose just doesnt know any better. It's pretty much 95% red apple for me, though.  Only complaint? Staying power isn't the best.

I love apple scents, but I am finding I’m particular about them.

how this starts: In your face apple, bright, crisp and tart.

starting to dry: something herbal and green slowly comes forward, and now it’s becoming interesting

once it’s settled: soft apple, with mysterious herbal and floral nuances.

Personally, I absolutely love this. It’s light and airy, but with a somewhat dark edge.

Very appletastic, though the dark green bitterness of the "hemlock" note comes through, making this a little more sophisticated than your typical "country apple."

The bitterness fades in the drydown, and the opium lends a husky depth to the apple.

Apple is not something I really go gaga over, but this is an interesting, upscale version of the note.  Give it a try if apples are your jam...er...sauce. ;)

This one makes me sad. 

All I get is basic green apple, of the car freshener variety. Waay too sweet and fake, and there's a tinge of bitterness to it too. 

narcotic opium, oleander, and hemlock ?  None of that for me. :( 

This was a good way to learn that I hate hemlock.

Started as a nice crisp, juicy apple scent with a haze of sweet opium smoke and a floral breeze and devolved into an acrid, horrendous green scent that I hate. 

It suits its name, but at what cost?

Reading the notes, I was worried because real hemlock smells foul, but it was fine. In the imp it smells like apple with just a hint of something unpleasant. To me it's not really a juicy sweet apple smell, it's one of the blander varieties like Red Delicious, but it's still a "real" apple smell.

On my skin it started off very soapy. This lasted about half an hour before the apple and the soapiness faded and I could pick out the opium. I could only detect the unpleasant note that I noticed in the imp if I put my nose right next to my wrist, further away it just added complexity. After an hour it was a pleasant, slightly incensy dried apple scent.

Overall, it’s ok but it's just not for me.

I love Poison Apple. I was actually going to use it for one of my cosplays (Marvel's Sin, in case you were wondering) but it just doesn't smell like her. I love it regardless, and unfortunately spilled the rest of my imp. Stupid ADHD...

I am so obsessed with my little imp.

Dry on my skin, it is mostly red apple, but as you sniff it, you get that dark smokiness. I love this so so much. It smells like if a bunch of goths went to an apple orchard together 

A juicy apple smell for the most part. I get the heady haze of opium smoke in the background, but not really any of the other poisonous notes. Delicious and ominous!

This is a beautiful, mysterious, well balanced, autumnal apple with bitter herbs and smoky opium haze, and I absolutely love it. I wish it lasted longer, but it's nice getting that fresh apple hit every time I reapply. It's out of stock on the web site right now but it's on my full bottle list should it ever return. 

This one starts off as a crisp, juicy, slightly clean red apple with an extra hit of sweetness that reminds me a bit of bubblegum. It wears very short though, and after about 10 minutes all I'm left with is a super faint, barely sweet herbal incense. Wish this one lasted longer on my skin as the opening was really pretty.