Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Poisoned Apple

A perfect, lovely, gleaming red apple whose sweetness masks a swirl of narcotic opium, oleander, and hemlock.

In the vial: fresh, crisp apples!

Wet: the fresh apple scent morphs slightly to a stronger apple juice scent. Very reminiscent of the smell you get as you're making cider -- as if you're sticking your head right over the barrel and inhaling, but in a good (not overpowering) way.

Dry-down: the strong apple scent eventually fades to an extremely womanly, sexy perfume -- poisoned apple indeed!

I haven't tried any of the Lab's other apple scents, but that note is extremely pleasant and wonderful. The perfume seems to capture its idea perfectly -- beautiful apple on the surface, something dangerous lurking underneath!

((edit to add scent description)) Edited by Jenn2D2

My first review yay!

In the bottle: a very tart apple. A sour green one but those are my favorite.

Wet on the skin: A vert tangy apple. It almost reminds me of like little kid body spray. Very loud APPLE scent

Dry: This turned into something completly diffrent! Very womanly and dark with a hint of apple undertones. What a complete change! This scent has gone from pretty ok to FABULOUS. Its like a sexy apple. OW!

In the imp, this smelled almost exactly like a fresh Granny Smith apple.

On me, the apple is still very apparent, but it is nearly overrun by a burst of bitter herbal notes. These mellow and sweeten a bit as the scent dries.

After about 2 1/2 hours, I only had a slight whiff of herbs left. With this limited wear length, this scent would have to bowl me or the DH over, and since it was a "like but not love" for me and the DH thought it smelled like a rotten apple (rotten ?!), I won't get more.

IN IMP: It almost smells of pure red apples, just is just only a hint of the opium. I can't pick up the oleander or hemlock at all.

WET: It smells almost the same as it did in the imp, but the oleander and hemlock make their entrance. It still is mainly apple though.

DRY DOWN: The same, this sent doesn't do much morphing.

OVER ALL: It is nice and I would defiantly recommend it to people who love apple sents.

This is a fresh granny smith apple at first, but it gets sweeter as it dries...and then some slightly sinister herbs come out, adding an earthiness that literally screams "poisoned apple". This scent matches the concept perfectly. I'm in love.

This has got to be my absolute FAVOURITE of all BPAL so far. I am NOT one who is into apple notes in particular, but when I saw this description it struck me as something dark with a sweet touch - and being into sinister scents, I decided to get an imp. I am glad I did! For me, this is exactly as how it is described. There is a juicy red apple, it is beautiful and ripe yet surrounded in a poisonous haze. Something about it IS quite narcotic, it smells dizzying like one might become drunk off of it and pass out. It is a witchy, vampiric, forbidden and evil blood apple - seductive and hard to resist, no wonder Snow White falls into it's grasp. This has amazing throw for me, and lasts for at least 6 hours - but I usually slather it on because it's so lovely. One thing I might say is that this is one of those mixtures which truly is evocative of it's inspiration - if you inhale this too often in a short span of time it can make you sick to your stomach, not out of disgust but due to the fact that it really begins to feel as if you have consumed a poisonous apple.

IN IMP: As so many others have said, this is a fresh, tart green apple...not a red one, to my nose. Someone has taken a bite out of it and the juice is flowing forth. It's making my mouth water!

WET, ON SKIN: Ooooh. Initially all I get is the same freshly-bitten green apple....but there's definitely darkness beginning to swirl underneath. I am loving this so much. Like, as in, it's already bottle-worthy, and I'm hoping that as it dries it only gets darker and better.

DRY, ON SKIN: Mmmm. This reminds me of this lovely apple incense that I have. It seems to be fading fast, but I also didn't put too much on. I really, really, love this.

LATER: It's definitely a fast fader, but I don't like my perfumes heavy anyway. I don't mind if it's nestled there in the crook of my arm or the hollow of my neck ... when my husband finds it, will he dare take a bite of this poisoned apple? LOL ... I love this and it's definitely going on my bottle wish list.

What a magnificent scent! It starts out crisp ripe apple, tart and juicy... but what is that right beneath the surface? Something sinister and biting hides, On drydown, the scent turns a bit powdery, almost with a hit of floral. It is lovely... and many thanks to my dearest Witch for gifting me with Poisoned Apple!!

This was a disappointment. The apple was strong in the imp, but disappeared as soon as I put it on. What was left did not smell good to me. I don't think I've smelled anything like it before, but it brought to mind a strong potpourri.

After several hours there's a very pleasant herbal scent left over, but it's not worth waiting for. I hope this doesn't mean all apple scents won't show up on me..

There's a blast of apple at first which smells very much like the fresh note in Rose Red, crisp and clean and sweet, but the longer I wear it, the more the apple fades and the poisonous elements warm up and take over. I get mostly oleander, a sweet-smelling, pointed floral, the same as in Hell's Belle. I think the opium serves to warm up this scent and provide a good, almost sticky-resinous base and provide a very slight smoky presence, and the hemlock is a slightly herbal. I can see this amping into poutpourri if the opium doesn't work enough to ground this. I really like this on drydown--sweet, but not too sweet, slightly resinous, and evocative of an apple without going ever into fruity candy territory.

Hours and hours and hours (almost 12) later, I have something that smells like peach or apricot! This must be part of the apple bouquet!

Edited by cinderfallen

Imp: A red apple that has been sitting half eaten on the side for half an hour. I think it may be the other notes that gives it the sort of "brown" smell.

Wet on: Apple fades to the back slowly. Leaving the opium and hemlock to play. I cant pick which one is more pungent.

Drydown it gets lighter and less pungent morphs on me to a kind of sweet but misterious scent.

Thoughts: In a nut shell its a 3 out of 5 a "so-so" The apple goes fast and is not as sweet as i'd like it to be but the smell later isnt awful. But it is a fast fader.

Frimp in one of my orders.

Snow White is my favorite fairy tale. It's laden with so many symbols and I admit to having spent hours researching its deeper meanings when I should have been doing other things like . . . oh I don't know . . . housework, homework, work work. So, I was quite pleased to find this amongst the bubble wrap packing in my order and I'm so glad the lab selected this freebie for me.

In the imp, it smells like fresh, crisp green apples. If I inhale deeply, I think I can also smell a touch of some of the other notes, but just barely. I can't tell if it's the oleander, hemlock, etc, but there is something else there. Wet, it has the same odor but with the addition of apple skins. This might in fact be due to the herbs working their way out. During the drydown, sweetish plants/herbs starting emerging. It's as if you're walking through the forest and you pass by a fragrant bush, one where the leaves have a pleasant but sinister odor.

Once dry, this scent turns into pure magic. Like so many of the forumites before me, I find that it morphs into a dark, seductive, intoxicating, womanly scent. I'm having the hardest time thinking of a description but there's something inviting but sinister about it. Like a beautiful woman asking if you'd like to sit and share a meal with her and your inner voice telling you not to because something is very, very wrong with this situation. Beneath all this is the faintest undertone of apple.

I love this scent. It's going to the top of my bottle list and it's going into my next order. I would love to layer this with Snow White and see (smell?) what happens. :wub:

In the Imp: *perfectly* captures the scent of a red apple smelled through the skin - and nothing else… the poison is well hidden

Wet on Skin: now it is the skin plus a stronger note of the fleshy pulp, still pure apple - amazingly realistic

While Drying: down to the apple core

After a Little While: just a slight touch of something sweet and vaguely floral - no hemlock here, not sure if I am picking up the opium or the oleander - poison is well hidden

Later: only the barest hint of scent left

Final Thoughts: Perfectly captures the imagery of the name.

Poisoned Apple earns a 4/5 on my skin.

Realistic red apple, not artificial, not too tart or too sweet and candy. The best "apple" smell I've ever come in contact with. I'm not familiar enough with the other notes to pick them out. Soft florals come in and neither the apple nor the floral smell overpowers the other, they blend nicely.

Love it.

In the imp: pure red apples!!!

wet on skin: Oh god!!! This is a softer version of creepy on me! all i'm getting is the red apples. I am in love with this.

dry on skin: still yummy apple goodness.. I NEED a full bottle!!!

In the imp - very tart green apple..the smell you get after biting into a Granny Smith.

Fresh on - still green apple, but it's been joined by a lot of dark, wet, greenery. I'm guessing it's the hemlock, as there is a similar element (although much quieter) in Faunalia, but I'm not good enough at sorting out individual notes to be sure. This is very wet and juicy, but not sweet at all. It's cold and a little sinister. Suits the title down to the ground.

As it dries - I'm quite surprised! The apple sweetens, the greenery recedes to the background, and a surprisingly pleasant floral comes out. This becomes very 'expensive high end perfume' on me, in a good way. All the other elements are still there, but blended really nicely.

I like this, but it's a bit too cold and standoffish for my tastes, and on me it fades to nothing after about 2 hours. It's very nice, but I think I'll stick to The Hesperides for my apple fix. However, if you find Hesperides too sweet, then this would be a really good one to try.

I bought a full bottle of this, untested. I just had a feeling...

In the bottle: Green apples! Yummy green apples that you'd make a pie out of.

Wet on skin: Apples and something lurking behind the apples...dark and mysterious.

Dry on skin: It's softened and become very feminine and yet very noir. It's ridiculous how much I love this scent. It immediately became my signature scent and I'll be purchasing a back up bottle soon. I wear it to yoga and it sets just the right mood for me.

WHY THE HELL HAVE I NOT TRIED THIS BEFORE?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? Bright, crisp red apple. Complete with peel and stem. Maybe a little bit of floral wafting underneath...this is glorious. Like a summer version of Snow, Glass, Apples--red and floral instead of green and mint. More floral through the dry down, but still the perfect rosy red of a ripe apple. Now just more like perfume than the real thing.

Dark, juicy, wet apples. Very mysterious and sexy. I :heart: this so much. It makes me feel confident, like I can do anything!!HAVE TO GET A BOTTLE NOW!!!

This is a sweet green apple with something bitter and sharp inside. It fades fairly quickly on my skin.

Fresh red apples, a little sweet and a tad sour but the weird part is I keep smelling something like apples dipped in salt. Quite sharp here. :o

The saltiness fades after 1-2 hours and mostly apples remain. Moderate throw.

Most likely will try again to test on the salty part.

I'm surprised upon rereading the description that this is a RED apple because I envision wet greenery when I sniff! I really like the scent upon application since it's a sour green (like granny smith apples!) and wet and a smidge seductive (which I attribute to the narcotic opium). When it dries down, however, it's almost entirely hemlock. The apple vanishes completely :(

This is probably one of my absolute favorites in the GC. In the bottle, it's the smell of a red apple you just bit into, and you had to wipe your chin because it was so juicy. Once I applied it, it started off with this same apple smell before it started swirling into this menacing, evil smell. The apple was always there, but the lurking evil of the notes in the background is fantastic.