Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Luminescent, glowing, and otherworldly: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

Green and fresh and lightly floral. I'm getting sweet freesia with white and green musks.

Edited by RedPersimmon

Starts out a very nice citrus with a floral note. The citrus is gone from my skin once it's dried, and then I'm just hit with strong freesia that smells a lot like an air freshener my mom used to use; not bad, but not the kind of association I'm going for with perfumes.

I tested 51 when I was first starting with BPAL and put it with my keepers, but retesting, this is not an imp I will wear again. It starts out high-pitched citrusy white floral and becomes increasingly soapy on me. White musk and green musk are both big question marks for me, and here they take over and railroad 51 into screechy soapy territory. Swaps.

Imp from 2011ish.  Very excited for this!

In bottle: super fresh and citrusy.  

On skin: starting to get more florals, with something warm in the background.  

After a few hours: this has become a lot more floral.  I hoped the citrus would stick around, but that's okay.  

I like this scent a lot; keeping the imp, and hopefully will track down a bottle.  

Honeysuckle, mandarin, and salt front and center over a green musk base. Fresh, softly sweet and floral - overall impression of "melon". A scent of cheerful aliens having a spa day.

Got this as a frimp, thanks lab ❤️

Have looked at the description a couple of times, thinking it sounded nice, but didn't get the area 51/alien reference until I got it in my last order - which made me very exited! Always wanting to smell like an alien here! :D

To me, this smells like fresh laundry, after using a flowery fabric softner - or maybe just specificly the fabric softner in it self ...  So more like childhood laundry, since I don't use that kind of stuff anymore. I don't know if this is the smell of aliens and state secrets to me, but maybe it is. I sure felt like an alien as a child, even though I was "wearing human disguise/clothes"-ish - and if one were an alien, who were wanting to disguise oneself, maybe a good housewife or so would be ideal?! I don't know!

I like the scent, it is pretty and calm and nostalgic, but atm it is more like a 3,5-4/5, since it doesn't stand out to me that much and is not what I thought this scent would smell like. Maybe I will change my mind though. But I will definitely use the imp up, it is good for when you want to smell "just nice and fresh", with a more "normal" kind of scent. :)

I was excited to see this come back into stock, so grabbed an imp. It's slightly soapy, but in a pleasant way - it's like a high end laundry smell, but also captures the cool sweetness of the desert just before the sun rises. A light green kind of scent. My only complaint is that it's a bit faint on me, but with resting and aging, that might change.

Melon baby powder. :blink: :lol: 

To be fair, I tested a generous frimp decant labeled 2013; I'd be willing to try it again to see if it smells different new, as some BPALs get better when aged and some don't. Then again, that may just be what my skin does to 51. 

Stark desert and clean, cool night air. This reproduces for me the vibe of driving through New Mexico, thinking about how many weird and unexplained phenomena occur in the wide open American desert spaces. The honeysuckle is lush and hypnotic. I'm pretty sure aliens could lure me in with it. And the mandarin and guava add a playful citrus touch. So perfect!!

This is a fun green fruity scent similar to the old long ago Mantis (I think I remember liking it better though back in the day), not too sweet or perfumey, just green and succulent. Also similar to Enkindled Spring, Solanine The Flower Girl and Green Tree Viper somewhat. It's pretty alien I suppose! I have a few green scents like this, Meadow by Sugar and Spite and Pickeral Frog by Stereoplasm that I enjoy more, but I still like 51 enough to play with the imp. Plus, aliens dude. 👽

Fans of Gap Grass, Avon Forest Fern, and the above blends check this out!

In the imp, this screams GREEN. There's a lot going on here, but all my brain can handle in the imp is green. On my skin, I start to be able to pick things out. I get melon, citrus, and something very dry. This smells like laundry detergent or dryer sheets. The freesia comes out, and its very realistic. It ends up super bright, dry, and fresh. I can't shake the feeling that I used to use this scent in my laundry items, so, this isn't something I'd wear, strictly due to those associations. 

It’s a sweet, fruity, green floral.  It’s almost impossible to pick out individual notes, but you can definitely pick up on each category- summer fruits, heady florals, and clean musks.  This is the closest to a commercial fragrance house I’ve ever smelled from BPAL, although it is mostly top and middle notes without base notes.  It’s like eating a cool juicy melon on a hot day and having the sticky juice drip down your chin.

This was recently restocked by the lab, right in time for summer. This is an all-time favorite of mine, even though it contains amber, which is probably my least favorite note, so that says something! It's a fresh glowing almost effervescent scent without being fizzy, it smells sweet without being fruit or candy like, although the honeydew, which I love, is obvious in this. I think it's a great scent for the gym.. running, etc, and the "night air" aspect is amazing. 

Testing a three-year-old frimp.

This was one of the first frimps I ever tested, and I remember thinking it was pretty and being surprised at how "mainstream" it felt. Then I didn't wear it for a long time. But both those things are still true, and I don't mean mainstream in a bad way. This is a big, bold fragrance, something sultry for an alien princess  🙂

Wet : blast of salty neroli with a squirt of mandarin juice carried on a green musk funk. A sliver of melon hovers above it all.

Dry: white musk, clean and fresh and well-placed, becomes apparent for a while as florals rise over it. Blends into green musk. Melon persists. Surprisingly linear after that.

Lasts about 8 hours, big throw. Almost too much.