Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Pink Moon 2007

A sweet and silly compliment to the first breath of Spring! Sugared carnation and phlox!

This is my dream scent. Carnations dipped in sugar, warm and sweet. :P The scent slowly enveloped me all day like a very cozy (and pink) sweater.

Throw wasn't too overpowering, but enough that I caught wiffs of it all day as I moved.

Dried down to a lovely mellow sweetness.

My only regret is that I didn't get more than one bottle (what was I thinking? :D )

//Laurie

in the bottle: sweet, slightly spicy florals.

wet: Spicy, utterly gorgeous floral. I can distinctly smell the carnation, and there's something else that I'm assuming is the phlox? In any case, it's lovely.

dry: Sugar and spice and everything nice, in very deed. This settles into a spice that somehow manages to be potent but not at all overpowering. The floral notes are still there, under the spice, lifting it up and making it very spring-ish. There's just enough carnation to be recognizable, and it's not so sweet that the sugar overpowers everything else. Seriously, this is a fantastic, beautiful scent.

Figures, I find a floral I love, and it's come and gone! *rolls eyes at self* ah well, there's always swaps, right?

Wet: Light and spicy.

First on: Sugar, spice. Very very light.

Dry: Something is off, and I'm tempted to blame the phlox, but I'm not sure. It just doesn't quite smell right...it's almost like flowers crushed in dirt or dust. The rest of it does smell very pretty and springlike, but this dirt/dust/must is retch-worthy.

Hrmph. :D :P

It's... pink! Seriously, that's exactly what I get from it. In the bottle, it's a very, very sweet floral. Sort of like I would have expected Hope and Faith to be as sugared flowers, but much sweeter than I get from either of those. On, the floral amps a lot, but then on dry-down the sugar came back and it smelled a lot like bubblegum. Not my usual fare, but I actually liked it a lot.

I get very fresh carnations from the vial. On it's beautiful, a full spicy carnation scent. I can certainly detect the phlox behind it and as time goes on the sugar comes more to the foreground. At this point the spicyness has almost completely disappeared, but I really do like this scent. A whole lot :P

Got my bottle from an online sale last night and decided to wear it to work. A good choice!!

I adore carnations! And this is all sugary carnation (can't smell the phlox).

It lasts and lasts through multiple hand washings (I have to wash my hands a lot at my job).

The throw is good.

My co-workers all gave this one enthusiastic thumbs up.

Yup! This is my new happy time/silly mood scent! Yay!

:P

pinkmoon.jpg

I was in love with Pink Moon 2005. I loved the uber sugar and small pink phlox in it and that it turned into pink pink cotton candy on me. This one is much more grown up, I think, with a really big dose of carnation and some serious perfume to it. I like it and I think the bottle art was excellent. Nice Pink Moon!

Edited by olympia301

in the bottle: a nice, soft floral, with just the teeniest hint of green peeking through to keep her from getting insipid... this is NOT Maiden's spicy carnation, but rather a more classic and demure cousin

wet: the greeny phlox blooms and all but overpowers the carnation... it's a bit much -- sharp and the teeniest bit sour to my nose

dry: this one's a shifter. First, the sugar heats up a bit and brings a lovely, warm feeling to the scent. Then the phlox reemerges and adds that initial green note. Underneath it all, the carnation pulses steadily. Phlox is preeminent in the dab on my wrist, but the drop on my elbow is waaaay sweeter, almost sickly sweet, with the mixture of the sugar and carnation.

overall: I just can't decide what I think of this scent. It's interesting but not compelling... pleasant but not the kind of scent that demands to be worn. At certain moments I think it's like old lady perfume. At others I find it fresh and unique. In the final analysis... it's just not compelling enough for me to hang on to, and there's a dangerous tinge of the milky sweetness about this scent that my chemistry likes to turn into powder at certain times of the month

Okay, I'm a former Lushie. I'm trying to curb my insatiable need to buy all things Lush. So what do I do? Turn to BPAL!!! I received this in a swap just yesterday. I barely got inside from getting the mail, I was so anxious to try it. I'm glad, SO GLAD I got this one!!! It's all Ruby Red Slippers to me (I :P Lush, just in case I haven't said it enough...) I've never tried Potion, but now I'm gonna have to. On me it's all spicy carnation with a touch of sweet. Gorgeous! It lasts longer than I expected it to also, about 5-6 hours. It's definitely an A+ for me!!!

Sweet, sugary, and... something in it reads "dry spicy dust".

I'm starting to realize I just don't like carnation. Which is a shame because phlox is DELICIOUS and I can smell the freshness of that, too, and I love it - Beth! Make more phlox blends! :P

This is a lovely scent, quickly becoming a favorite. It's a pink carnation scent to me, and as the description says, it's a sweet carnation. I'm not getting explicit sugar notes, as lots of other people seem to, but the carnation is definitely sweet. I thought Pink Moon I was sugarier, this is more subdued, less sugar cubes, more floral sweetness. I love both Pink Moons- I find the 2007 edition to be quite different from the earlier one, but just as beautiful.

In the imp:

Very sweet... almost too sweet, because of the floral-with-something-odd-underneath it way in which it's sweet. Sort of like some potpourri I remember from when I was a kid. I'm not sure I'm going to like this.

Wet:

At first it smells just like it did in the imp, but after about 5 minutes the weird note (which I have decided is almost fruity-smelling) subsides and it smells like the desciption--sugared flowers. I'm sort of scared of florals because of the way commercial floral perfumes can be so overwhleming, but this is soft, sweet, and pretty.

Dry:

This is light, spicy, and sweet. I've figured out that the weird note when I first sniffed this in the imp reminds me of cloves, which I see from a little digging around is probably from the carnation note. I didn't realize that carnations were "spicy", but now that this blend has had a chance to bond with my skin a bit more, I do like it. It does have an almost lotion-y smell to it, but it's pretty and I would wear it again.

I'm not sure I need to go out of my way to look for a full bottle, but I'll definitely keep using the imp.

In the bottle – Very little, just a tiny bit of that musky sweet after scent I get from Antique Lace, Morocco and Faith

Wet on me – Spicy carnations, that sweet musk and a bit of sharp green. Very nice.

Dry on me – Soft clean phlox with a hint of sweet musk

Overall – This is very faint, I may try layering it with Pink Moon 05 to see if this softens the 05 version

My favorite moon so far!

At first when i sniffed this i thought that it was way too pink and sweet for me, so i ignored my imp for a little while. But after a couple more tests i fell in love. My man always tells me that i smell good when i wear this. The thing i love most about this is the spice it really makes this scent so interesting. I would put this in top 5 bpal and considering i usually hate anything with a dominant floral note, that is saying something... I am hoarding bottles of this and so glad i have the ones i do.. :P

This is wicked pink on me!

It's a bit too sweet, and it's not the kind of fragrance I tend to gravitate towards. There is a bit of spiciness, but it's mostly a sugared pink floral. Athough Pink Moon isn't aggressively loud, it's still cloying to my nose. I can see why other people would like it....but I'm not feelin it. This decant will find a new home!

Soft and sugary, with an almost herbal undernote hiding under the carnation. A sweet-skin scent, and I can see where people get the "girly" imagery.

I got an imp of this some months ago, and apparently sampled too timidly--it didn't make much of an impression. Today I decided to slather more than dab, and it's so much better. This is one that needs a bit of lavishing to get the full impact.

After 30 minutes, the spice comes out a bit more, but it's still more of an herbal note, slightly astringent, combined with the sugar.

More complex that I had originally thought, like tasting a creme brulee made with rosemary or lovage-infused milk. Probably not bottle-wrothy on me, but I'm very glad a friend imped me some.

This is not in my top ten. Nowhere near it, in fact. Not even close. I hardly ever wear it.

BUT:

I love it.

The carnation and phlox are soft, sweet and slightly spicy and the sugar doesn't overwhelm or smell burnt (i.e., Sugar Skull). It's just a light, pretty, happy scent for days when I'm feeling girly and frivolous. And there's no better bottle art. Period. :P

This is really a gorgeous, light scent.

It's slightly spicy and very sweet floral. It reminds me of the scent of a shampoo I had once...but I can't remember which one.

It's very light and it does fade quickly, but while it's around it is wonderful.

Time to find a 5ml of this.

Bottle: Carnation

Wet: Carnation and sugar.

Drydown: This smells a lot like Lush's Potion lotion which I like a lot. But this is even better because it smells more natural and real.

3.5 outta 5

I admit, I've been prejudiced against carnations. I found that I like some blends with carnations, though, so I was willing to give Pink Moon a try.

I really enjoyed the spiciness that I've come to recognize as BPAL's carnation note, but after that initial yummy spice it turned into pure play-doh on me the way Beaver Moon '05 did. One odd note about this one: my cats went crazy over it. Completely and utterly bonkers. They were fighting each other to get to the spot I applied it and wouldn't stop sniffing and licking it. I've never seen anything like it!

When I first tried this I did not like it, it was very bitter and strong smelling! Then a couple of months later I decided to try it again, and I fell in love with it, no more nasty bitter smell (travel sickness? :P)

In the bottle I am getting sugary sweet carnations, and when I apply it onto my skin the carnation blooms into a warm, spicy scent that has been dipped in mounds of sugar! It is so yummy!!! :D

It is very strong, and lasts for a very long too!! Wonderful!

I love these really sugary blends!!

Pink Moon 07 is the next best thing to a carnation IV directly into the bloodstream. It's a perfect representation of everything that makes carnation my most favorite of favorite notes, a mischievous and fresh floral with peppery spice and more than enough personality. The sugar is sweet but not overpoweringly so, and fades into the rest of the scent as if it's just a part of the floral itself. I can't really comment on the phlox because this is the first blend I've smelled containing it, so I'm not really sure what it's supposed to smell like. However, as long as it's not interrupting my sugared carnation experience then I think ignorance is bliss. :P

I didn't even realize I loved carnations. I adore this, I wish it weren't a lunacy! It reminds me very strongly of a toy I had when I was a kid, one of hasbro's perfume kittens, named "Snowyfur."

It's light, innocent and sweet.

I love carnations, so I jumped at the chance to try this (about...four times :P ).

When this first went on, I was a little worried...I think the phlox in it reminded me of plastic. However, as it warmed up and bloomed on my skin, it got sweeter and the phlox died down to the background to keep the blend from getting sickly sweet. The carnations come out and it just smells like spring. I love it.