Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Pink Moon 2007

A sweet and silly compliment to the first breath of Spring! Sugared carnation and phlox!

Pink Moon is lovely! It starts out sweet, slightly spicy carnations. I don't smell sugar as I do with Hope though...its just a sweeter carnation. The phlox comes up next and its a nice, mild floral. The drydown is phlox with a hint of carnation. The label is also to die for (and how I regret not getting a tee shirt)!

ETA scent description Edited by Shollin

I am in love with this! :D

It started out more sugar and something slightly metallic on me but as it sunk into my skin it became the most amazing sugary spicy confection imaginable. It's like sticking your nose right into a frothy open pink carnation with a bit of spun sugar veiling it.

Pink Moon perked up my mood immediately and just made me so happy wearing it! I feel perfectly girly and still sexy at the same time. It is the perfect spring scent and this is my first lunacy! I am in awe and i know i'm definitely a bpal junkie now (as if I wasn't hooked already) ^_~

This is definitely the perfect scent to match spring and the nursery rhyme about how girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice (and that we have the prerogative to be both good and naughty at the same time!). :P just fabulous and I recommend this to everyone! This is perfect and I actually did :D to friends the minute i put it on.

Throw: I have this wonderful slight pink haze of goodness wafting around me. mm, yum!

Rating: 5/5 (and I can see this only getting better with age!)

Edited by Lunaratu

This is fun, light, and playful. It smells like going for a walk on a sunshiny day wearing a white eyelet skirt and spinning so it twirls out, white shoes with little red heels, and a crochet sweater, bows in your hair, and someone you like, but don't love (that's way too serious!), putting a dandelion to your nose to see if you like butter.

Well, I liked the simple, sweet spiciness of Pink Moon 2007, but it gave my husband flashbacks to the first day of school in the Soviet Union, when all the Young Pioneers would give boquets of carnations to the teacher or the girls would wear carnations in their hair. He kindly asked that I swap or sell this one :P

Oh, I love carnation. I have such high hopes for you, Pink Moon!

Aaand, I love you. So soft and sweet and pretty and perfect. You make me feel young and girly.

I didn't care for the original Pink Moon (from my review: "Like drowning in phlox and getting pelted in the face with strawberry bubble gum"); it was just too sweet and heavy. This new version doesn't smell much like the old one, except that I do get a pink vibe from both and a sort of strawberry/pink cotton candy undertone in the drydown. Pink Moon 2007 is nowhere near as tooth achingly sweet or heavy as the original was on me though.

This is a very subtle scent on me, and it clings close on my skin. I usually like BPAL's carnation, but this doesn't smell like a true carnation to me. It's a perfumey, slightly spicy floral more than the smell of a real flower at first. In the drydown, I get a baby powdery floral note mixed with a sweet, sugared note. It smells too much of "musky-perfume" for me to really like it (in that fake, manmade floral sort of way that I can't seem to enjoy).

I appreciate that this isn't an overpowering scent, but it doesn't really work for me either. Baby powder, fake floral, and a musky sugar... :P

Sugary sweet spicy flowers - that would be the carnations, there.

I'm not sure what phlox smells like, actually, but I really just get sweet sweet sweet and carnation from this. Which is very pretty and lovely and pink and perfectly springy.

A spicy floral, sweeter than regular carnations and definitely a PINK association with this smell! It does really mellow on my skin, hanging close with not alot of throw. I like my perfume like that and it seems perfect for everyday wear!

Jenn

I love carnations, so I had to have Pink Moon. And I agree with everyone who said it really exudes Pinkness, because it does, but not in a squealy high-pitched teenagery way. It's pink in a floaty, flirty, feminine way.

I think I'm in love.

The original Pink Moon is very playful, innocent and sweet. Like this PINK

Pink Moon 07 = carnations plus a touch of sweetness that I suppose is from the phlox. It's this kind of PINK I like this very much but it isn't quite as sweet as I expected. The original was extremely girlie, wheras this is a little more austure and guarded. Still lovely however!

This is delightful. Today is a chilly and rainy day and I reached for a cheerful bottle ... and nothing is cuter than that bottle label!

And then ... the true delight came. In the bottle, this is all sweet. Luckily, that isn't what it stays. Once on my skin, I get a beautiful spicy floral with a hint of candy to it. I get a touch of white (light!) musk, and a little bit of something woody, all with that amazing 'cool' effect that all the lunacies have for me.

This is a keeper for me, that's for certain ... I keep sniffing at my wrist because it's so cheerful and happy. Quite a contrast to the last Pink Moon, but still delightfully spring-time and light. :P

Bottle: candied florals.

Wet: still sugary, more floral .. especially carnation.

Dry: the sweet is really vanilla-y, I can just barely detect the phlox behind the carnation and vanilla ampage.

Later: crappit. amped vanilla sticky sweetness that stomps all over these lovely flowers. I'm very sad, I wanted phloxxxxxx!

I must be the exception on this scent. For me, this is much more spicy than sweet. In fact, the carnation amped to such a point that it really did smell quite sharply clovey, instead of the more softely muted spicy I'm used to with carnation. Almost headache inducing. Sadly, not sweet and not soft, and not really pink on me either. I'll be swapping my decant, and sticking to Alice for my carnations.

I was so surprised by this one! You see, I really am NOT a flowery type of person, and only really tried this one because I'm nosy and decided I wanted a full set of decants... I love the woods and resins and spices, and thought this could be really super scary. I'm not a pink person, either.

But now I need to find a bottle of this, because I'm in love!

In the bottle it's a sweet flowery horror show to me -- everything I was afraid it would be. It's like walking into a flower shop and feeling everything in there start to douse me with pollen.

But the instant I put it on my skin it warms up into this wonderful sweet sugary scent that's almost more like bubble gum and icing. There's a spicy edge to it, though, which I know must be the carnation. I'm not familiar with phlox, but I think I can smell an odd, almost more green scent that might be it. But for the most part it's sugar and spice and just an edge of wickedness.

There's something specific that it smells like and I can NOT put my finger on it, but I love this oil!!

hm i smell nothign but vanilla, for some reason. Haven't decided if it is good or bad yet, but all vanilla all the time. IS there vanilla in there?

I'm not a pink person, but the last "pinkish" scents have really been beautiful!

Pink Moon '07 is like CD's Hope: slightly muted florals dipped in sugar.

In the imp, it's pretty heavy on the phlox, almost too "pretty" floral for me to try it, as those tend to go soapy or cologney on me. But I bravely test and WOW. Beautiful perfect spicy carnations with girlish sugar in the background. It's unmistakably pink, but the warm bite of the carnations really gives it a mature feel.

I'm so happy I didn't get any vanilla and that the phlox plays a secondary role. For me, this one is the long-lost triplet of Hope and Faith.

Edited by hackess

Hmm. Pink Moon 2007 is kinda puzzling to me, because I don't really get phlox out of it at all, and I really expected to, y'know? I smelled a previous incarnation of Pink Moon which was very strawberry and phlox, and this couldn't be more different. It's like the difference between candy pink and the palest blush baby pink. Aaaaalll vanilla, with the fainest breath of something else that's soft and sugary. Pretty, but not at all what I was expecting. That's not a bad thing, though. :P

Not quite sure what to think of this one yet, but since I was not a fan of the original 2005 version , I went ahead and orderd the 07 version since the description made it seem less fakey-strawberry sweet.

In the bottle: I was definitely relieved to sniff and not get any hint of the cavity-teeth-rotting sweetness that was in the 05 version. Big relief!

Wet on the skin: This is definitely softer and for me a bit muskier. It's got almost a tiny bit of Peeps type marshmallowness to it, but only touch of it. I'm not getting a terrible amount of carnation, which is a good thing, but it's definitely there. To me it's a musky carnation.

Drydown: Definitely a keeper, but I'm not sure I need more than one bottle. The adorable label alone is bottle-worthy. :P

In the imp: sugar! pink pink sweetness!

On me, wet: sugary vanilla, and indistinguishable swampy sticky sweet pink florals. Man, I hope this calms down a little.

On me, dry: oh, thank god, the maple-vanilla-sugar rush has passed, and the carnation is edging forward with that creamy spiciness I like. And I can smell another, lighter floral too now - the phlox, I guess?

Later: hello? where's everything go? There's only the lightest waft of sugary carnation on my wrist now.

Verdict: I think the opening barrage of syrup is too strong for me, despite my fondness for carnations. I'll stick with Maiden instead.

In the bottle: carnations and sugary sweetness

Wet: About the same as in the bottle, but the sweetness calms down a little.

Dry down: The more I wear this the more I fall in love with it. Carnations and I always get along well, so I guess that's not a huge surprise. This turns into a delightfully light and fluffy scent: like the sugar from cotton candy tempered by carnations. It's a perfect scent for me as I like some sweetness and some florals, but not overwhelming amounts of either. I don't know exactly what phlox smells like but I'm guessing it's what is blending with the sugar to give me that cotton candy smell.

Okay, I'm getting better overall at picking out new and different notes, but I'm still learning as I go. So it wasn't until I put Pink Moon on that I realized I had no idea what carnation smelled like...and what a nice surprise that was! I'm not big with the florals, so I was a little worried about this one...but it's amazing. Sweet, sugary, a little spicy...and it really does smell pink. Just awesome.

I love Pink Moon 2005. LOVE. It smells decidedly like cotton candy to me and it makes me feel girly and sweet, and it's just -good- to me. So, naturally, I had to have the second incarnation of Pink Moon. (Plus, the bottle! How awesomely cute is it?)

I was worried that it would resemble Faith, which smells like violets with antique lace... and I like Faith, but... yeah. Carnation, how do I love thee? It's the same carnation that I know and love from Alice, but it's in a completely different setting. It's so pretty and sweet and not the same as the previous version at all, which is a good thing- A very good thing. I didn't want a copy, I wanted a new take that I could love, and I do love this one. Hooray! Now let's see how often I wear this one...

I wish I could describe it better than "sweet carnations," because it's so much more than that. It's springy and lovely.

ETA: Huh. It disappears fairly quickly on me, and the faint drydown I do get (even from my hair) is a soft powder... I'm not sure I'm in love with this anymore. :P I wish it would retain the freshly applied scent.

Edited by cordia

Oh wow, Pink Moon is gorgeous. I just got a decant as I never dreamt this would suit me so well.

On first, Pink Moon is creamy but bitter, but within a few minutes carnations pops it's head up and says hello along with the sugar. This is a nose pressed-to-the-wrist scent, and as it develops it turns into creamy spicy carnation candy-floss sugared loveliness. I never thought that this would be a favourite as I'm not a big florals person, but this is a pink delight.

Gutted not to have a bottle :P