Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Pink Moon 2007

A sweet and silly compliment to the first breath of Spring! Sugared carnation and phlox!

This scent is girly, innocent and sweet. Everything that I'm not.

Not that I let that stop me. Even the girl in the motorcycle jacket and combat boots wants to wear pink once in a while, and what better to satisfy that pink craving than a bottle with a skull on it?

Pink Moon '07 is perfect, bright carnations. This is my ideal scent for days when Morocco is a little too heavy. I don't get a distinct sugar note, but there is something sweetening up the spiciness of the flowers. It is a very bright, springy carnation. Just the thing to warm up a dreary day. Edited by Luminara

This was a little too Pink for me - as it should be. I did like it, but not enough to keep it. The friend I gave my bottle to loves it though.

in the vial: spicy carnation goodness, straight up! :D

wet on skin: it smells vaguely of cinnamon, but not overpoweringly so.

dry down: sweet and spicy. this does smell 'pink' to me! :P

in all: a good daytime scent, interesting, but not overpowering.

In the bottle: Very sweet and fruity, with a hint of spiciness.

Wet: Less fruity, but still quite sweet. I can smell the telltale lunar oils. The spice is coming out - carnation, yay. This is not nearly as floral as I expected based on the description, and the fact that I amp floral usually. The florals in this are very delicate; appropriately, I would call them pink. Not white, because those are stronger and more classic. I'm definitely getting a straight up sugar smell, reminding me of cotton candy.

Dry: An herbal aspect has emerged, and I can detect the honey too. Hmm, this is going a bit old-ladyish on me.

Summary: Faintly floral sugar. Not my thing.

thanks to a *very* generous forumite, i got frimped with this as well as a sniffie of '05. i wouldn't have tried either one on my own- not due to the listed notes, but because i don't like the color pink! silly, huh? :P

i'm really glad i got this though- it's gorgeous!

in the imp it's a sweet, spicy floral....yummy carnation! i love the scent of the flower, but it doesn't always seem to translate well into perfume. it's perfect here though- rich and creamy, very sweet with sugar! i suppose it's rounded by the phlox, but that's a note i'm not familiar with so i really can't say.

this isn't so much a heavy floral as a *persuasive* one- it's not in your face, but it's always noticeable. the throw sweetens even more after a couple hours, and reminds my scent memory very much of hypnotic poison, though i know they're not the same at all. either my nose or my chemistry is very odd! this is a much more creamy pink with fizzy gold sparkles scent, where HP (which i love) is more a warm translucent vanilla red.

i like this very much....not a super priority but i will be looking out for a big bottle.

Edited by butcherbaby

I adore Pink Moon 07. I can't add anything unique to what previous reviewers have said, just that this is a beautiful blend. It's spicy but sweet - sugared carnations. Very warm and pink, but not a bubblegum pink - it's more of a peachy pink with toasted sugar edges.

It's lovely, one of my favorites ever!

In the bottle, a strong sweet floral.

On my skin the sugar note combined with the spicy carnation and a softer almost powdery floral that is assume to be the phlox is just incredible, the very definition of swoon-worthy.

As it dries it becomes more gentle. The carnation note stays around the longest.

It amazes me how such a simple scent can be so spectacular. Carnation is a note I hadn't really experienced preBPAL but it is now my favorite floral.

Utterly charming and sweet, feminine and pert. Which I'm normally not (laughs)

I made a retro 50's dress from red-and-black skull bandana fabric, and this is absoloutely the perfect scent to wear with it. I do enjoy wearing feminine scents that don't squeal "Gooey!", but rather wink at you saucily as you skip by, leaving crushed enemies in your wake.

:P

My notes when I first tested Pink Moon 07:

"150% carnation, but the real deal. This is a bunch of carnations in your face. I like carnation, so this is a yay!"

O, that I had wads of cash to track down bottles of this stuff and snap it up!

There is something comforting about this scent to me -- undoubtedly some of this has to do with my 5 years working in a flower shop and the associated nostalgia, but I guess I've always liked the scent of carnations over, say, stargazer lilies or peonies or paperwhites. Phlox, too, is delightfully sweet to my nose. Combined in Pink Moon, they are slightly peppy and slightly creamy, and all loveliness and soothingness. I think I'd wear it to be married in, or to a tea with the Queen (or any admirable lady), or to wear a prim yet sassy dress on a warm, sunny day. I think this is the scent that Margaret Dashwood smells like, aged 16 (you know, a little less tomboyish, but still a bit cheeky). [/random Austen reference]

In sum: I <3 Pink Moon '07! :P

In Vial: Sweet and candy-like

Wet: Smells like bubble gum

Dry: Candy, powdery, floral. Unique from what I have smelled from Bpal so far.

('07 version) I know that white flowers work well on me, but I have no idea about pink and yellow florals. I know that I loooove these flowers, so I hope my skin works with 'em.

In the vial - This is really, really nice! It's not too sweet and the florals are really light and... pink! It's actually a little hard to pull all the notes out of this, it's blended so well.

Wet - Oh, the carnation is coming out nicely. My skin loves that stuff.

Drying - One of the florals is going a bit soapy and powdery. The carnation is still very much in the front. There's, like, zero pink sugar. :D This is all floral on me, all the time.

Dry (2 hours) - This stayed very true to the last stage, only fading slightly. Except for this strange... offness. Not rotten, but just off. Hrm.

Overall - This is really pretty up to the dry stage, but it has very little throw and that off note.... Well, I'll be passing this along. :P

Edited by Shollin
Moved from the Pink Moon '05 review thread --Shollin

Bottle: Super sweet sugared florals. Something’s a little camphorous smelling right now, too.

Wet: Super sweet pink flowers, a wee bit spicy from the carnations. Very pretty.

Dry: All I can think is that the phlox is a little weird on me. Cuz something is reading a little bit…urine-y. Not a lot, and not enough to ruin the sugared carnations..but when I really sniff, yup, somethings off. Luckily, that weirdness seems to burn off relatively quickly. I’m left with sugared carnations. This reminds me quite a be of Midnight on the Midway, though I don’t have it anymore, so I’m going purely from memory.

Overall: Very pretty, but not really me.

Mmm...fresh carnation is one of my favorite scents and Pink Moon has it in spades, with a touch of phlox sweetness that makes this a little more hothouse than out-of-the garden crisp...lovely though.

sniffed from the bottle, this smells yummy and earthy-sweet. but once on my skin, the carnation blooms into full focus - and i can't stand the scent of carnations. without the bittery pepper of the carnation, this would be something i'd hoard! but as it is, i'm glad this bottle has gone off to a better home. although i had forgotten how much i love the label, so now i'm gonna hafta find an empty, just for the label! :yum:

Sugary candied effervescence...a little bit floral, a touch powdery, very pink, soft, and verrry girly! I love the bottle design of this one, too, but I'd probably never need that much of it, though I'll definitely hang on to the decant.

This smells predominately of sugar and sweetness, with an underlying floral carnation. I can definitely imagine a little girl's room smelling of this, but it's so sweet it's almost plastic on me, so I think I'll pass.

I loved this scent when it originally came out and stockpiled a few bottles. I went through a phase where I wore it almost constantly, but slowly found myself reaching for it less and less often. I think my taste in BPAL gradually changed and I began to prefer and appreciate more complex, darker scents, and Pink Moon certainly isn't that--it's a straight up, pink, girly scent. It doesn't change once I apply it--it smells like sugary carnations until it's gone, and its staying power and throw are pretty significant compared to other "pink" scents.

I wore this one for the first time in months the other day and found I no longer really cared for it on its own. Because I still have a few bottles left, I decided to experiment and mixed about an imp each of Pink Moon and aged Snake Oil. It's awesome! The SO gives a depth and richness to the Pink Moon that it lacks on its own, and the combo is one of my new favorites. I'm so glad I found a way to love Pink Moon again and I know my remaining stash will get plenty of love now that I've figured out what to blend it with.

Pink Moon 2007

Pink and sweet. It really is what it says--sweet carnation and sweet pink phlox. I feel underwhelmed when I apply it because it seems so quiet and simple, but then it blooms on my skin. I love carnation, so this is perfect for me.

In the bottle: Sugar and carnations, a very pink scent. :)

Wet: Now the sugar has been sprinkled over the carnations, dulling the possible peppery note into a base note, and a very light note at that.

The dry-down: The sweetness of the sugar has soaked into the carnations. And the whole thing is slowly fading away, alas. :( I wore this today and it's very lovely, but if I keep wearing it a lot, I will go through the bottle in no time flat! Instead of dabbling, I will have to slather, or dab some on every couple of hours, if not more often. This is a very gentle scent, and very lady-like, in a young girl sort-of fashion, no where as sweet as some of the other oils with sugar notes.

I looked up phlox at the wiki, and it's a flower that I see a lot of in the summertime, but alas there was no mention of what scent it might have.

To end with, the bottle's label is seriously cute in an interesting way. ;)

I've coveted this scent for so long, I was disappointed to find that to my nose, Pink Moon '07 is identical to Alice.

In the bottle: Carnations! Pretty much pure, single note BPAL carnation, with a decidedly soft pink cast.

Wet: Fresh cut carnations, instantly overwhelmed by a surge of dusty pink sugar. I'm reminded of a piece of fresh, sugary bubblegum, right out of the wrapper, covered in a soft pink dust.

Dry: The carnations sweeten up and lose their spicy edge. I'm left with an uber-girly poof of sugared pink. Floral only the vaguest sense, this smells more like candy to me. It's all cotton candy and unabashedly girly pinkness, with nothing weighing it down. The throw is pretty powerful, and it lasts and lasts. Pink pink pink that won't let up.

Overall: I was inspired to snag a bottle of this unsniffed after the success that was Hod. Both are carnation-y as it gets, and yet they're very different. While Hod plays up the spicy aspect of carnation and offsets it with rich creaminess and a bit of resin, making for a comforting, ageless scent, Pink Moon takes a super teenage sugar high approach to carnation. It's not bad, but as with Plastic Pink Flamingo, the scent ends up feeling kind of vacuous. :lol: I wish there was something more herbal, sharp, or tangy to offset the pleasant pinkness, because as it stands, this just doesn't capture my interest.

I really lucked out with this one because 99.9999% of the time carnation is The Great and Illustrious Carnation of Doom to be Feared on me. Fortunately something happens in this blend--maybe the fact that it's pink carnation, maybe the mixing with the phlox and/or sugar, the proportion of phlox to carnation, the type of sugar, who knows--that turns it into something reminiscent of Necco wafers on me. It also helps that I amp the sugar. I love the sweet and slightly spicy smell of old-fashioned candy, and if that's what this carnation decides to parade around as on me, it's a keeper.

Edited by Invidiana

I LOVE THIS :wub2:

I got an imp from a friend and after trying it once I knew I needed a bottle! This same friend was generous enough to trade me her backup bottle for an unloved bottle of my own.

As a huge carnation lover this blend is amazing! Often I find that the carnation note in blends can get drowned out if there are loads of other notes. Pink Moon 07 keeps it simple :D This is a beautiful spicy carnation with a hint of sweet pink fluffiness provided by the phlox and sugar. It has fairly low throw, but the staying power is pretty good-- it becomes a delicate skin scent that is pretty much perfect for any occasion.